• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did God tempt Adam and Eve?

Faithofchristian

The worship in Revelation 13 is of Antichrist.

All those who worship the Antichrist, whose names will not be found written in the Book of Life (since all were written in initially but the wicked were blotted from the book).

What makes you think that only the wicked are blotted out from the book of Life?

Revelation 20:15 " And Whosoever was not found Written in the book of Life was cast into the lake of fire"

God does make distinction who's not found Written in the book of Life.

Notice the word ( Whosoever ) this means = Anyone and Everyone. No Distinction.
This means Everyone whether your wicked or not.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
What makes you think that only the wicked are blotted out from the book of Life?

Revelation 20:15 " And Whosoever was not found Written in the book of Life was cast into the lake of fire"

God does make distinction who's not found Written in the book of Life.

Notice the word ( Whosoever ) this means = Anyone and Everyone. No Distinction.
This means Everyone whether your wicked or not.

It's whosoever IS NOT FOUND.

John 3:16 = whosoever TRUSTS CHRIST is saved.

ALL whose names are blotted.

Faithofchristian

It's whosoever IS NOT FOUND.

John 3:16 = whosoever TRUSTS CHRIST is saved.

ALL whose names are blotted.

Whosoever, can be anyone including christians, Who takes the number 666 or the name of the beast shall be blotted out of the book of life, shall be cast into the lake of fire.
Revelation 20:15.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
because the God of Abraham desires us to puke at his judgments.
or we can rationalize genesis so that somehow it is all justice what Yahweh is doing.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Whosoever, can be anyone including christians, Who takes the number 666 or the name of the beast shall be blotted out of the book of life, shall be cast into the lake of fire.
Revelation 20:15.

Luckily, Antichrist can only deceive "if it were possible" the elect.

Luckily, Christians have assurance, are adopted children of God, etc.

Faithofchristian

Luckily, Antichrist can only deceive "if it were possible" the elect.

Luckily, Christians have assurance, are adopted children of God, etc.

Why is it, if it were possible to deceive the elect, By what keeps the elect of not being deceived ? According to what God has given in the book of Revelation ?

Kelly of the Phoenix

Well first of all, it wasn't just the disciples who saw Jesus that returned from the dead, but many people also.
But how do we determine Jesus vs Satan? Most of the "witnesses" didn't realize it was Jesus until later. They spent time with him. How do you forget what someone looked like in just 3 days?

You say you don't believe in free will, each and everyday you make decisions as to what to do or not to do, therefore whether you believe or not, you still use free will to make your decisions. It's your choice on what you do in your life.
It isn't my choice, ultimately. I am hardwired to think a certain way. I came from a certain upbringing. I can trace just about all of my decisions to relevant causes and without those causes I would've made other decisions. If it's one thing I've learned from life, is that we don't control nearly as much of our lives as we like to assume we do.

You say you don't believe in free will, but yet you just used free will in not to believe in free will. That's your free will to believe or not to believe.
I disbelieve in free will as there is no evidence for such, just as you need to believe in free will to satisfy your ego. I see believing in free will like putting a hand up before a tsunami and seriously expecting it to stop in its tracks. Good luck with that.

Then one could say the whole of the Gospels are just a parable and have no historical content. We can't switch when we want to... almost every time a parable is given it says "And there was a parable" and it NEVER contained living character names. Why should we all of a sudden switch?
Bad editing?

Can you explain how atheist or anyone else who does not believe in Jesus will be found in worshipping Jesus?
How does one worship Jesus? Do you have to go through all the superficial trappings, or is it something more inherent that defies labels?

So how does the Atheists fit into that, since they do have their names Written in the book of Life?
And do not believe in God?
A fish that doesn't believe in water is still going to be swimming in it. The water doesn't punish a fish for not believing in it. It simply IS. Belief is irrelevant. I mean, not even Jesus is dumb enough to jump off a cliff just because Satan said he could.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Why is it, if it were possible to deceive the elect, By what keeps the elect of not being deceived ? According to what God has given in the book of Revelation ?

I believe no one can make themselves morally perfect to enter Heaven, where one sin makes it not Heaven, even a born again Christian. My trust is not in my actions but in the Lord Jesus Christ's atonement.

Therefore, I have assurance. If you believe the Christian has assurance, you would interpret Revelation and the eschatons in the NT differently.

Faithofchristian

I believe no one can make themselves morally perfect to enter Heaven, where one sin makes it not Heaven, even a born again Christian. My trust is not in my actions but in the Lord Jesus Christ's atonement.

Therefore, I have assurance. If you believe the Christian has assurance, you would interpret Revelation and the eschatons in the NT differently.

In the book of Revelation God gives exactly what keeps His elect people from being deceived,

Let me ask you this, What is the last Prophecy that God has given in the book of Revelation.
That when this Prophecy happens Christ Jesus returns.

Christ Jesus can not return until this last Prophecy happens.
What is this last Prophecy that God has given in the book of Revelation?

Have you any idea who the Locust army is,
in the book of Revelation chapter 9:3 ?

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Did God already know they would eat the fruit and listen to the serpent? Why put the fruit there in the first place or let the serpent into the garden?

Genesis 3:16
New International Version
To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."

This curse was given to you ladies for a crime you didn't commit. Why? Do you have Adam and Eve to thank or God?

We all are suffering from original sin...just read the news and you can see evidence for it.

Why did God want us to be so disordered, confused, and have such a fallen nature?

Why give Adam and Eve a test he knows they will fail , and then punish everyone for it?

I believe He knew and had it planned so that the race could replicate.

Muffled

Jesus in me
It all seems quite illogical to me.
I guess the story tells us that Adam and Eve could not experience good or evil until eating this particular food.
This appears to not be a real problem however, except for the fact that they would eventually die.
What really seems to have worried God was that they might eat fruit from a second tree, and then live forever. (Genesis 3:22-24) So, eating the first fruit makes them die, and eating the second would make them live. So God banishes them to a world where they would surely die, because he feared they would eat from the second tree.
So, go figure. I wouldn't mind if someone could explain it all logically.

Also
Prior to eating from the tree of knowledge, Adam and Eve would not know good or evil. Therefore, how could they possibly know that it is a bad thing to eat from a certain tree? How could they know it is a bad thing to disobey what God said? They have no concept of bad or good.

I believe the price of eternal life is the cessation of replication.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The fact is that all indications in scripture demonstrates that God does not fix future events. His 'omniscience' extends to the past and the now. Future events he may make come to be by power and planning, and like us who studies the heaven who can predict solar eclipses, he can do things like that million of years in advance.

Since A&E had plenty of food, this was not a difficult test, but demonstrated their obedience, their accepting being under God's theocracy, and satan knew this to be so. Thus satan's reason for getting Eve to disobey was to get mankind out from under God's theocracy and under his 'do what you feel like, what you will' type of rule -- kill anyone you like, fornicate, and commit any kind of immorality, all kinds of wickedness are good - this is what satan peddles, and what many today praise as the progressive new way of life, 'do what you want, it is all OK' kind of life.
But, it is not OK.

If you look at the news, you will see satan in every evil thing going on on earth. Why do we fight so many wars instead of joining hands and utilize the resources by sharing what the earth has? Why don't we use the military's funds for the poor, for cleaning up our plastic mess in the oceans, for helping the fish, the coral reefs to survive and thrive - our way is satanic. Look at how much one bomb, missile, submarine cost. How much would just one such F-35 cost be? "Currently the plane is at $109.88 million apiece." How much would some of these hurricane islands love this kind of help! Send the military in, forget NK, and use the money to rebuild strongly, create societies for man, not for war.

I believe then that your understanding of scripture is selective because there are many instances of intervention.

Grandliseur

I believe then that your understanding of scripture is selective because there are many instances of intervention.
Intervention! Exactly! That is how God controls what happens in the future. If something happens to make him want to respond, he intervenes to get the events he desires to transpire. It is not a matter of God just having looked into the future and determined what he wants to happen; he also acts to intervene so as to cause things to come about.

While God may be able to see far into the future in ways we cannot grasp, his means of getting things done is by active intervention at key points in time and place. In modern times, I think the events at Dunkirk are perfect for understanding this. If Hitler had pushed hard there with his armies, his tanks, and air-force, the allies might have been hurt enough to loose. That Hitler didn't push - is divine intervention to me.

He tells us that when people do wicked things - that He (God) shall make sure to cause these things to come back to haunt them during their lives. This too is active intervention. I agree a 100%.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
In the book of Revelation God gives exactly what keeps His elect people from being deceived,

Let me ask you this, What is the last Prophecy that God has given in the book of Revelation.
That when this Prophecy happens Christ Jesus returns.

Christ Jesus can not return until this last Prophecy happens.
What is this last Prophecy that God has given in the book of Revelation?

Have you any idea who the Locust army is,
in the book of Revelation chapter 9:3 ?

I edited a verse-by-verse commentary book on the book of Revelation.

I have a good working understanding of Preterism, Millenarian and Amillennial views.

I believe in a pre-wrath Rapture and a literal reading of Revelation.

Faithofchristian

I edited a verse-by-verse commentary book on the book of Revelation.

I have a good working understanding of Preterism, Millenarian and Amillennial views.

I believe in a pre-wrath Rapture and a literal reading of Revelation.

Look God gave in the book of Revelation the last Prophecy to happen, that when this last Prophecy happens, Then Christ Jesus returns.

Christ Jesus can not Return until this last Prophecy happens, That God gave in the book of Revelation.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Look God gave in the book of Revelation the last Prophecy to happen, that when this last Prophecy happens, Then Christ Jesus returns.

Christ Jesus can not Return until this last Prophecy happens, That God gave in the book of Revelation.

There is a return for the saints at the Rapture and then a return for Judgment. The prophecies of the Rapture are in the sixth seal of Heaven--moon and sun darken, huge judgments on Earth.

After the sixth seal of Revelation come another seal, 7 trumpets, 7 bowls.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
i didn't think God tempted, so much as allow the temptation as a test of character. Adam and Eve could have ate from the tree of life and lived forever.

God laid out all the choices, offered one command, and let them be to do as is in their hearts to do.

so the myth starts out fair.

Faithofchristian

There is a return for the saints at the Rapture and then a return for Judgment. The prophecies of the Rapture are in the sixth seal of Heaven--moon and sun darken, huge judgments on Earth.

After the sixth seal of Revelation come another seal, 7 trumpets, 7 bowls.

You actually believe Christ Jesus is coming at the sixth seal of Revelation.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
i didn't think God tempted, so much as allow the temptation as a test of character. Adam and Eve could have ate from the tree of life and lived forever.

God laid out all the choices, offered one command, and let them be to do as is in their hearts to do.

so the myth starts out fair.
I agree... If someone says "I will love you" but there are no choices, how can one determine if it is love? A choice is necessary to let their hearts make a decision.

And you hit it on the head... the very reason God didn't let them eat of the Tree of Life after missing the mark was to make sure they didn't live forever in a state of rebellion.

Last edited: