• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did God send Scriptures after another Scripture?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Thats exactly what you did with your "1000 year" invention. So this verse is actually talking to you.
On one hand Bahais say that messengers will come after 1,000 years of each other, which itself is not true. Buddha came some 500 years before Jesus and Mohammad came some 650 years after Jesus. Can the Bahai Allah cannot count stright? Then they want people to believe that Allah first sent Bab and then Bahaollah at the same time. No. Allah sent even Mirza Ghulam Ahmad around the same time (because of corruption of Allah's message by Bahaollah. Otherwise, there was no reason to send Mirza Ghulam Ahmad after sending Bhaollah). Prophet Joseph Smith also was sent around Bahaollah's time. Allah is great, he never leaves believers without the latest message. Thanks old man.

InvestigateTruth

Why did God send Scriptures after another Scripture?

1. What is written in a religious scripture by itself is not a proof.
Why not? If there is a case of claim, the first thing we want to check is, to see what the claimant is to say about his evidences.

2. How do we know that Bab did not study Arabic?
Very simple. By just reading the history about life of the Bab.

Your preacher did study Arabic in Iran, or he learnt it without studying with a teacher?
what do you mean by "my preacher"? If you mean the Bab, and Bahaullah, then yes. According to history I learned, they did not have a teacher and did not go to school to learn Arabic. It is not as simple to write verses in the style of Quran, speciall fast.

3. I suppose you have heard of David Koresh. There is no dearth of foolish people ready to die. See: Waco siege - Wikipedia
The people who believed in the Bab and died were not fools. Many of them were educated people, and specially educated in Religion.
They lived in the time of the Bab, and some of them were close relatives of the Bab. The Bab claimed He had not studied religion and Arabic, and this was acceptable to close relatives who knew Him well. If He had studied Arabic His close relatives would have known and would not believe and die for Him. You example Waco siege has no similarity to the case of the Bab to compare.

Again, who are you to ask for proof from a messenger of Allah? Your Iranian preacher spoke against it.
Not really. Independent investigation of truth, is one the principles of the Bahai Faith, and other Messengers as well.

InvestigateTruth

On one hand Bahais say that messengers will come after 1,000 years of each other, which itself is not true. Buddha came some 500 years before Jesus and Mohammad came some 650 years after Jesus. Can the Bahai Allah cannot count stright? Then they want people to believe that Allah first sent Bab and then Bahaollah at the same time. No. Allah sent even Mirza Ghulam Ahmad around the same time (because of corruption of Allah's message by Bahaollah. Otherwise, there was no reason to send Mirza Ghulam Ahmad after sending Bhaollah). Prophet Joseph Smith also was sent around Bahaollah's time. Allah is great, he never leaves believers without the latest message. Thanks old man.
The Bahais don't say that Messengers come exactly 1000 years after another.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
“He directeth the ordinance from the heaven unto the earth; then it ascendeth unto Him in a Day, whereof the measure is a thousand years of that ye reckon.” 32:5

He arranges [each] matter from the heaven to the earth;
then it will ascend to Him in a Day, the extent of which is a thousand years of those which you count.
IMO:
This verse tells us that 1 day of God = 1000 years of Human
This verse is not clear in the sense that you can claim "God's Scripture will ascend to Him in a God Day = 1000 Human years"
If that were true then all previous Scriptures of God would have ascended to Him, which is not true ... Vedas, Buddhism, Christianity are still here

To this verse applies the hint given by Allah in verse Koran 3:7 = "none knows their true meaning except Allah"
Koran 3:7
It is He Who has revealed the Book to you. Some of its verses are
absolutely clear and lucid, and these are the core of the Book
.5 Others
are ambiguous.6 Those in whose hearts there is perversity, always go
about the part which is ambiguous, seeking mischief and seeking to
arrive at its meaning arbitrarily,
although none knows their true meaning
except Allah
. On the contrary, those firmly rooted in knowledge say: 'We
believe in it; it is all from our Lord alone.'7 No one derives true
admonition from anything except the men of understanding.​

Last edited:

stvdv

“He directeth the ordinance from the heaven unto the earth; then it ascendeth unto Him in a Day, whereof the measure is a thousand years of that ye reckon.” 32:5

Surah As-Sajdah [32:5]
He arranges [each] matter from the heaven to the earth;
then it will ascend to Him in a Day, the extent of which is a thousand years of those which you count.
IMO:
This verse tells us that 1 day of God = 1000 years of Human
This verse tells us "He arranges [each] matter from the heaven to the earth; then it will ascend to Him in a Day.."
This might just mean that it takes 1 "God Day" = 1000 "Human Years" to become "dust" again or like Koran says "clay"
Surah As-Sajdah [32:7]
Who perfected everything which He created and began the creation of man from clay.
To this verse applies the hint given by Allah in verse Koran 3:7 = "none knows their true meaning except Allah"
Koran 3:7
It is He Who has revealed the Book to you. Some of its verses are
absolutely clear and lucid, and these are the core of the Book
.5 Others
are ambiguous.6 Those in whose hearts there is perversity, always go
about the part which is ambiguous, seeking mischief and seeking to
arrive at its meaning arbitrarily,
although none knows their true meaning
except Allah
. On the contrary, those firmly rooted in knowledge say: 'We
believe in it; it is all from our Lord alone.'7 No one derives true
admonition from anything except the men of understanding.​

stvdv

You did not read my last post completely. Specifically you missed this part:
And specifically for the period for which the Quran came was 1000 years:
The Bahais don't say that Messengers come exactly 1000 years after another.

IMO:
Numbers are many times symbolic and not literally.

1) If you take this verse literally Then it would also mean that each human returns after 1000 years

2) If you take "thousand years" literal, then it should be exactly literal 1000 Years, to be consistent in "literal interpretation"

Only Allah knows the Real Interpretation, also whether or not it is meant to be taken literal or not.

Last edited:

PruePhillip

I am not saying anyone who claims to have a revelation is a true claim. If a person claims he has scriptures from God, he must first prove he is indeed sent by God.
Can God send a person, and asks everyone to follow him, obey him, and even punish those who reject him, yet, God does not give sufficient proof and evidence for him to be recognized? Do you know what I'm trying to say?

Sure, and that's why millions of people follow the teachings of Joseph Smith (God be with him)
and billions follow the Pope.

PruePhillip

The Bahai's claim that the bible prophesied the advent of "Bab" who was God manifest in exact terms and exact dating through day to year conversion.

Do you accept that?

Can't say I have heard anything of this Bahai.
Aren't the Bahai the people persecuted in Iran?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Scriptures always came with guides and the guides were always a group, the group is called the family of the reminder. The Quran was dynamically built over 23 years. It's not a normal book. Imam Ali (a) collected the Quran with explanation of God and his Nabi (s) and put the exact date and situation every verse was revealed in.

Imam Mahdi (a) will work with the Quran, it is said his task is harder then the Nabi (s), because people will argue to the Mahdi (a) about the interpretation of the Quran.

Part of the reason of puting last revelation in Mohammad (s) was to freeze time before false authorities manipulate words in their favor. Arabic is very primordial form language and contextually based. The latter is also a trial, to see, how humans treat God words.

There is always a witness and guide be hidden or manifest, and that can perform miracles. The final trial of miracles will occur, and nothing prevents God from sending with miracles at any time except the first ones rejected them.... This means God would have long send the Mahdi to the world were it not for the generations that made things difficult mainly the first generations from time of the Prophet (s) and Imam Ali (a) and first Imams (a).

We are meant to all trust God's Authority in the heavens and the earth and come to God's king....