• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did God send Jesus at the time and place he did?

kylixguru

you tell me of one, just one religious political system that has ever worked
i gave you an honest answer...
God's Kingdom works. But, the opportunity to be a part of it only comes around once every 6 thousand years. Having a resurrection during this time is very highly desired.

God's Kingdom has a very difficult time eeking out the capacity to function in its full glory. In fact, it gets an initial foundation laid first, which gives people a taste of its goodness, but the people are allowed to take the prosperity it provides for granted and suffer a massive calamity as a result of perverting it into something deviant.

With those fresh lessons learned by hard and bitter experience, the remnant people are able to be galvanized together to avoid the perversions as they put it back together again. They rise from the ashes, if you will, and then maintain its ideals for nearly a 1 thousand year period of time. Of course, what I speak of is the United States of America that shall eventually go through this cycle.

Thus, there is a 1 thousand year period of a global society with relatively advanced technology and industry. Then, after many centuries, it does eventually fall apart (big time) and it takes about another 5 thousand years to put itself back together again. This cycle repeats over and over again.

So, you should be able to see faint echos of a past global culture that was from about 4000BC to 3000BC that was highly developed that crashed sometime about 3000BC. You should also be able to see evidence of another global society around 10,500BC as well.

Many of their religious myths survive telling us of their Savior-Heros and God-Kings who established golden age civilizations that last about 1 thousand years. Where do you think the Pagan Christs come from? Have you read the story about Jason and the Argonauts lately? How about Perseus?

Not sure if it will matter to you or not, but as I envision the Kingdom of God, it will not have a state imposed religion. There will be religious freedom. Imagine that, God the Father is here in person and only requires people to respect the secular political establishment and leaves it up to the people if they want to worship Him as God or just think of Him as a good political leader.

Think about it. If you were God, wouldn't you only want praise if people really meant it?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Caladan you obviously know your area but the Bible and Christian point of view is that God sent his angel to tell Mary the news hense there is no real debate from a Christian point of view leaving it to stand that God sent him where and when he did to get an upper hand over evil or for a simularily speculatable reason.
As a Jewish man. I follow the New Testament's claim that the angel Gabriel visited Miriam to bring her the news of the boy. and the Qur'ans claim that the angel Gabriel visited Muhammad in order to deliver the news about the birth of a new religion.
the fact that it is Christian POV, is perfectly known to all of us. so there is no point in repeating it.

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
God's Kingdom works. But, the opportunity to be a part of it only comes around once every 6 thousand years. Having a resurrection during this time is very highly desired.

you know this how...?
if this is the case, what religious political system was set up in our past?
when and who? since you are privy to this unsubstantiated cycle of

God's Kingdom has a very difficult time eeking out the capacity to function in its full glory.

wonder why...

In fact, it gets an initial foundation laid first, which gives people a taste of its goodness, but the people are allowed to take the prosperity it provides for granted and suffer a massive calamity as a result of perverting it into something deviant.

like what?

With those fresh lessons learned by hard and bitter experience, the remnant people are able to be galvanized together to avoid the perversions as they put it back together again. They rise from the ashes, if you will, and then maintain its ideals for nearly a 1 thousand year period of time. Of course, what I speak of is the United States of America that shall eventually go through this cycle.

so we have another 700 yrs to go?

Thus, there is a 1 thousand year period of a global society with relatively advanced technology and industry. Then, after many centuries, it does eventually fall apart (big time) and it takes about another 5 thousand years to put itself back together again. This cycle repeats over and over again.
So, you should be able to see faint echos of a past global culture that was from about 4000BC to 3000BC that was highly developed that crashed sometime about 3000BC. You should also be able to see evidence of another global society around 10,500BC as well.

can you provide evidence?

Many of their religious myths survive telling us of their Savior-Heros and God-Kings who established golden age civilizations that last about 1 thousand years. Where do you think the Pagan Christs come from? Have you read the story about Jason and the Argonauts lately? How about Perseus?

looks like you spend a lot of time learning about myths...

Think about it. If you were God, wouldn't you only want praise if people really meant it?

praise for what exactly?

kylixguru

you know this how...?
Because I understand how to read the Bible in the way it was intended to be read.

if this is the case, what religious political system was set up in our past?
The one that enabled men to be kings (sovereigns). The one that you have to thank for your liberty, what's left of it, that is.

when and who? since you are privy to this unsubstantiated cycle of
Now and you, what's left of it.

wonder why...
Look at what we've done with what our founding fathers gave us. Look at what was done to the early LDS when they tried to enjoy the supposed liberties this country was supposed to guarantee us. They tried to setup an economic system that took the good parts of capitalism and the good parts of communism but infiltrators were sent in to disrupt and they were sorely persecuted and shut down in their efforts. The full manifestation of the marriage laws were implemented but they were persecuted for that as well. Both of these things are essential for God's Kingdom to function in its full glory but the world hated them with a passion and persecuted them. Without those two elements being properly implemented, the societal body would of necessity decompose into an externalized 'big brother' government that would eliminate the individual sovereignty of its people. Thus, our society would transform from being King of kings to king of serfs in a matter of a century once those points were extinguished and replaced with the world's version of usury based fiat money and forced equality.

like what?
Like the fact that most Americans still call themselves free. Pfft!

so we have another 700 yrs to go?
We have to go to ashes first. Then, when the Phoenix rises back up, that's probably about right in terms of what will be left.

can you provide evidence?
Please start a thread dedicated to this, draw my attention to it and I will participate. In the meantime, you might want to watch some YouTube videos about Graham Hancock's pursuit of evidence of ancient civilizations. Fingerprints of the Gods is one of his books. To him, the Gods are manifested here by high civilization. I quite agree.

looks like you spend a lot of time learning about myths...

Not as much as a lot of other people do.

praise for what exactly?
Do we not praise our founding fathers for what they gave us?
Do you think it was just a curious accident?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gracie1000

My answer to that would be a counter question, Why did god create the worlds? sending jesus when he did is to be discussed later.

Gracie1000

ive been studying religions for quite a while now, im a Muslim myself but i'm very much interested in christianity, What my problem is that i have a few questions that i would love to have answered by someone from the christian faith, Anyone?

kylixguru

ive been studying religions for quite a while now, im a Muslim myself but i'm very much interested in christianity, What my problem is that i have a few questions that i would love to have answered by someone from the christian faith, Anyone?
I'm kind of new here too but what you do is put a question in a New Thread and then as if by magic people will start talking to you.
Right now, you are inside of someone else's thread and so it's best you don't take the conversation going on here too far off the track. Forum ediquitte.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
i have asked this before. and as things are no better today why does Jesus not come now?

Jesus will come at just the right time but i have to say that he has been here since we entered the period of time known as the 'last days'

When he will act in the ways that will bring mankind the relief they desire, i dont know, no one knows....not even Jesus.
"concerning that day or hour, nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the son but only the father knows"

So im sure Jesus is as keen as yourself to know that answer.

kylixguru

God's Kingdom has a very difficult time eeking out the capacity to function in its full glory. In fact, it gets an initial foundation laid first, which gives people a taste of its goodness, but the people are allowed to take the prosperity it provides for granted and suffer a massive calamity as a result of perverting it into something deviant.

If these parts of my post intrigue you, I decided I would start a new thread that demonstrates where in the Bible I see the basis for this and why I see it playing out right now.

Of course, it also has to do with why Jesus has not yet returned.
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/religious-debates/110729-one-reason-why-jesus-has-not.html

ADD: The very same process is also playing out with the State of Israel too.

Last edited by a moderator: