• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Did God Create The Heaven And The Earth

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
Most of these threads are "Does God exist?" or "Was God really who created the Earth?"

Since there are already threads about such things, let's ask the question nobody has asked.

Say, you're God. And you have infinite power to summon anything you want, to make everything you want. Why would you spend it making humans? Is it simple loneliness? Is it because God likes to make stuff? Is it some kinda sadism? What does everyone think?

Why make a world with humans in it? Why make the condition of the world like it is (we could live on TrES-2b or GJ 1214b which have really weird atmospheres)? And so on.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Most of these threads are "Does God exist?" or "Was God really who created the Earth?"

Since there are already threads about such things, let's ask the question nobody has asked.

Say, you're God. And you have infinite power to summon anything you want, to make everything you want. Why would you spend it making humans? Is it simple loneliness? Is it because God likes to make stuff? Is it some kinda sadism? What does everyone think?

Why make a world with humans in it? Why make the condition of the world like it is (we could live on TrES-2b or GJ 1214b which have really weird atmospheres)? And so on.

Well. Humans are no special than comets. Sun is no more special than computers made from the natural earth. We are all one.

If I were god, I'd .... If god were an artist I'd create everything and being as an expression of myself as part of everything and being. So all things and beings are me and I am them and to know more about me/them they'd have to take care of the earth, themselves, and find the art within themselves. If not an artist to her art, I really wouldn't know.

DustyFeet

पैर है| outlaw kosher care-bear | Tribe of Dan
G-d wants what G-d wants?
kinda like the heart?

jewish mysticism speaks about kesser, the crown
i think kesser has an inner and outer dimension, will and pleasure

both are above reason and therefore it's hard to "understand" the "why"

another interesting concept; not sure if it's technically mysticism,

i have heard G-d referred to as the "knowledge, the know-er, and the known"

and since we are the the know-er, it's almost impossible to see the big picture from G-d's perspective

edit: i forgot to mention, in jewish mysticism, the crown is a reflection ( ? ) of knowledge. or maybe it's the other way, knowledge is a reflection of the crown? i think it depends on perceptive. anyways,

the two concepts i described above are actually related

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member

I always thought it was out of boredom.

Last edited:

GoodbyeDave

Hinduism calls the cosmos the play (lila) of Brahman, comparing creation to a happy man singing a song. Some Greek philosophers had a similar view, considering that a perfect being will be naturally creative.

Or it might be that the gods created the cosmos as a human makes a model railway: to try their skills and then to watch it working.

spirit_of_dawn

From a Shia Islamic point of view, God wants us to recognize and worship him in the most sincere manner, without being tempted by promises of a reward or fear of tribulation. However, since most people won't tread on the path of righteousness without reward or punishment, God created heaven and hell to help us along the path that he wants us to tread on. The story isn't this simple, but that is as simple as I could state it.

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money

God created things that did not have the ability to freely choose, only the tools used by how he want
God created things that gave her freedom of choice like human
And god develop a law of reward and punishment
We have promised God that we will perform the Secretariat and duties

This logic, which we transmitted from ancestral ancestors and is present in the ancient civilizations famous

It is not an innovative culture
this is verse in quran show that God has scattered the offspring of Adam and testified that they would be upright and not wrong ways and not by following their wishes desire
7:172. And when Your Lord summoned the descendants of Adam, and made them testify about themselves. “Am I not your Lord?” They said, “Yes, we testify.” Thus you cannot say on the Day of Resurrection, “We were unaware of this.”

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Why would you spend it making humans?
kinda hard to say....I AM!......without something to show for it

so....creation

and the creation is a response to the Voice of God
the Word

but the creation does not respond ....it Echoes....

you might consider what it means to be the First
in mind and feeling

you might consider....prior to the creation of light.....there is only darkness
and so....God is a god of the darkness
and all things came of that darkness

having created....He is then certain He is the First....and the Only One

kinda hard to be content speaking to your creation and it echoes only your Voice
kinda hard to have thought and feeling and your creation cannot share

oh but.....what if ?.......you work the earth and then breathe a spirit....into it

DustyFeet

पैर है| outlaw kosher care-bear | Tribe of Dan
making your way in the world today
takes eveything you've got
turning and churning
seasons and reasons
turns me inside out

it's only natural to wonder why
to look inward
or in the sky
to ask
should i fly steady or take a dive

is a fib the same as a lie?

live in shadow or in the light?

'scuse me if i light my fire...

fire.jpeg

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
The sort of god you envision isn't the sort of god that's part of my religion, but running with that for a moment?

It's quite likely I wouldn't have created humans. There's only two ways that such a thing could have happened. One, they're merely an unintended byproduct of some other mechanism (biological evolution produces all sorts of products once you get it rolling, none of which are particularly intentional). Two, once said unintended byproduct has evolved, the only reason they are allowed to persist is because the entire thing is a controlled experiment. Eventually, the petri dish will get put in the incinerator.

Clear

Premium Member
Hi Samantha Rinne :

I think your basic question regarding the purpose of God is profound. I have wondered however, if one of your premises will affect the answers that you get.

You mentioned : “Say, you're God. And you have infinite power to summon anything you want, to make everything you want.” The assumption that a “God” can do absolutely anything, even if it is illogical and irrational doesn’t seem to make for the most logical and rational conclusions. If a God can do irrational and illogical things like “make all things out of nothing”, then it creates the difficulty of why he created a world that contains so much suffering (if he could have accomplished the same purpose without suffering and oppression).

If a God must obey logical and rational rules then the conclusions and models may tend to be more rational and logical. For example, if the laws of thermodynamics are correct, that matter can neither be created nor destroyed, and if God must obey certain laws, then the matter out of which he fashions and shapes will have it’s own characteristics which can partly explain the ills of the world.

For example, the early Judeo-Christian concept of naïve, nacent but cognizant spirits existing prior to the creation of the earth changes the subsequent models. IF these Judeo-Christians were correct, that spirits existed prior to creation, then one may simply ask what it was that a loving God would do with such spirits. Would he be involved in their evolution or not involve himself. If he involved himself and was a loving, kind God, what sort of shape would that involvement represent. Would a loving God, for example, want such spirits to learn basic principles of Good and Evil and have them learn to master principles of Goodness and see the consequences of evil? Would he try to develop a plan to tutor them in such a way as to help prepare them for a greater level of happiness. What sort of existence or schooling would he engineer and send them to in order to experience these things?

My point is not to simply answer the question as I see it (I can do so if you want). But to simply say that if the early Judeo-Christian model is correct, that God did not make spirits of mankind out of “nothing” (in which case he is responsible for their actions since he could have made them “perfect”), but if spirit/intelligent (self willed matter is the way it is described in the early pistis-sophia) existed independently, then God is given a set of conditions he did not entirely create and the question is how he would respond to these eternally existing conditions.

In any case, I hope your spiritual journey is good and the models you create as to what is going on in this life are rational, logical and make sense to you. Good luck Samantha

Clear
τωτωειω

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
The sort of god you envision isn't the sort of god that's part of my religion, but running with that for a moment?

It's quite likely I wouldn't have created humans. There's only two ways that such a thing could have happened. One, they're merely an unintended byproduct of some other mechanism (biological evolution produces all sorts of products once you get it rolling, none of which are particularly intentional). Two, once said unintended byproduct has evolved, the only reason they are allowed to persist is because the entire thing is a controlled experiment. Eventually, the petri dish will get put in the incinerator.

That's pretty dark.

----

To the person directly above me, I once read a webcomic explain the answer to this. I found it pretty profound. It would be nice if everything was safe zones and stuff, in theory. In fact, most ppl would hate it.

Because God wanted a world, not a dollhouse.
Gaia » Breaking All Barriers 113 | The fantasy webcomic

I in fact often do worldbuilding, because I am person who writes fantasy as a hobby. As weird as everything is I built some strange towns, most recently my rendition of Heaven. You have to ask yourself, if something is perfect, would ppl stay there? They visit Heaven as part of their quest. The angel living there leaves. They have opportunities to go back. They do so mainly to talk to God or more quest stuff. They can technically stay there when they die. They instead build a replica of their farm home.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

What you call heaven has always been there (the realm of Gods, Buddhas Dao and so on) But why did they create our universe with our earth? the only reason they did this was to place fallen Gods,Buddhas Daos and so on who no longer was on the high morality level and the wisdom level required to be a higher being. So Human beings are here to re pay the wrong doing that led them to fall in the first place, and the only path out of reincarnation is to reach enlightenment.

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
kinda hard to say....I AM!......without something to show for it

so....creation

and the creation is a response to the Voice of God
the Word

but the creation does not respond ....it Echoes....

you might consider what it means to be the First
in mind and feeling

you might consider....prior to the creation of light.....there is only darkness
and so....God is a god of the darkness
and all things came of that darkness

having created....He is then certain He is the First....and the Only One

kinda hard to be content speaking to your creation and it echoes only your Voice
kinda hard to have thought and feeling and your creation cannot share

oh but.....what if ?.......you work the earth and then breathe a spirit....into it

That's pretty dark.

----

To the person directly above me, I once read a webcomic explain the answer to this. I found it pretty profound. It would be nice if everything was safe zones and stuff, in theory. In fact, most ppl would hate it.

Because God wanted a world, not a dollhouse.
Gaia » Breaking All Barriers 113 | The fantasy webcomic

I in fact often do worldbuilding, because I am person who writes fantasy as a hobby. As weird as everything is I built some strange towns, most recently my rendition of Heaven. You have to ask yourself, if something is perfect, would ppl stay there? They visit Heaven as part of their quest. The angel living there leaves. They have opportunities to go back. They do so mainly to talk to God or more quest stuff. They can technically stay there when they die. They instead build a replica of their farm home.

Which came first light or dark, chicken or egg
Can you prove that darkness is before light?
Perhaps we are in a dark room where candles are
If we emerge from this dark room, the universe, we will find the everlasting eternal shining light

As a believer in Islam
God is the origin of existence and the origin of existence is the light
Then God created darkness for the creatures and then burned them the light
Lighting by multiple formats

I wanted to share this only for enrichment and information

thank you

God bless you :)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Can you prove that darkness is before light?
proving is not likely.....
however.....it stands to reason
God created light
prior to that event......darkness (was upon the face of the deep)

rather cryptic I know
but that is how it is written

and I agree