1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Why did God create so many galaxies?

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by Spiderman, Feb 11, 2020.

1. We Never Know

We Never Know Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,759
    Religion:
    It exists
    Verify with evidence a god does exist. That's a good place to start.

Here's the thing..
    If one thing in a quantum physics calculation is an error, everything past that error will/may be error too.

If one thing in our dating technic is an error, everything past that error will/may be error too.

If one thing in the bible is an error, everything after that error will/may be error too.

My point is if an error is made and then built on, that error will make everything down line possibly be an error as well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. coconut theology

coconut theology coconuts for Jesus

Ratings:
    +118
    Religion:
    ProteSDAnt
    Yeah, about that:

How can you refute such logic and evidence of a guy with a pot on his head?

3. Seek truth

Seek truth Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Religion:
    Islam
    Read in the Quran; Surah Al Anbiya: verse 30-33

4. PruePhillip

PruePhillip Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +593
    Religion:
    None
    I understand your point - but the analogy is bad.
    We get the dating of things badly wrong, but we understand that it could be wrong.
    Early dating of the universe though was out by about 99% - and that's different.
    The various stories in the bible are "discrete" - that is an error in one book shouldn't
    effect another book, or what that particular book was trying to say.
    I doubt there's error in the BROAD THEMES of the bible, ie love God, love your
    fellow man. God has made a provision of the lamb for your sins - you are forgiven
    so forgive others. And in sending the Messiah Jesus became that lamb for us.

5. PruePhillip

PruePhillip Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +593
    Religion:
    None
    I typed "archaelogy Solomon"
    and got 2.6 million hits.
    I am fine there's a King Solmon - he reigned at an interesting
    time in history - the great empires of the Middle East had
    declined, and Israel stepped into the vacuum, becoming a
    great power.

6. Ayjaydee

Ayjaydee Active Member

Ratings:
    +258
    Religion:
    Therevada Buddhism
    I didnt suggest otherwise

7. QuestioningMind

QuestioningMind Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,224
    Religion:
    atheist

Please do share. For which galaxies is there evidence that they contain no living creatures?

8. Seek truth

Seek truth Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Religion:
    Islam
    Read the Quran; surah Al Imran: verse 190-191

9. Peter Son

Peter Son Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Religion:
    Christian
    I think because god wants to see how people when given different environment lives in it. Maybe he wanted people to be on different part of the world and live so no one planet gets overloaded!

10. roger1440

roger1440 I do stuff

Ratings:
    +969
    Religion:
    Christian
    What caught my attention about this thread was the term "purpose". If anything at all has any purpose, the wisest of all questions would be to ask, "What is my purpose? Why am I? Why must I be?"

11. Ancient Soul

Ancient Soul The Spiritual Universe

Ratings:
    +432
    Religion:
    None
    You can study the above conflicted gibberish thousands of times and still not get it right. The same for the rest of the bible.

THE GOD is purely spiritual in nature, and so it is our SOULS that where made in God's image. NOT the physical body, that is only an interface God created for our souls to be able to interact with the physical world. Again, THE GOD is NOT physical, but pure spiritual energy, so it is NOT our physical bodies that are in his image. Besides, one of the things God first explained to me when my soul was in the spiritual realm/Heaven, was that ALL living beings have a soul. And so he hardly could look like all of them, hypothetically speaking of course, even if he had a physical image.

When in a pure soul state of existence God had also shown me that it is a spherical mass of energy. And one of the first realizations I had, was that my thinking was coming from the very center of my being, and I could move my consciousness freely around within my soul. That's because one's soul is really the essence of who "they" really are, an invisible sphere of mind energy. And I later learned how to divide my consciousness into smaller points of consciousness to experience many things simultaneously.

So since our SOULS were created in his spiritual image, understanding it helps us understand THE GOD. Think of it as our souls being minuscule versions of God's vast and powerful soul. For God is the vast and all powerful soul that created the physical universe within himself, God. Which is why God is "everywhere", because both the physical and spiritual universes ARE the living God. And why God can continue to create, maintain, control, and divide his most powerful consciousness to as many other points of consciousness as needed to communicate and experience many things at one time.

12. Ancient Soul

Ratings:
    +432
    Religion:
    None
    I see from your profile that you are a Christian, you will never find the answers to those questions there.

13. Ancient Soul

Ratings:
    +432
    Religion:
    None
    If you are going to be referring to verses/passages of your religious doctrine on these forums, it would be wise to do a complete copy and paste of the verses/passages you want to use. It's more considerate than expecting everyone reading these posts to do lengthy searches on the Internet. Just saying.

• Like Like x 1
  14. arthra

arthra Baha'i

Ratings:
    +1,860
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Creation emanates from God and so there are countless worlds of which many are inhabited:

Know that it is one of the most abstruse spiritual truths that the world of existence, that is to say this endless universe, has no beginning. …

… Know that … a creator without a creature is impossible, a provider without those provided for cannot be conceived; for all the divine names and attributes demand the existence of beings. If we could imagine a time when no beings existed, this imagination would be the denial of the Divinity of God. Moreover, absolute non-existence cannot become existence. If the beings were absolutely non-existent, existence would not have come into being. Therefore, as the Essence of Unity, that is the existence of God, is everlasting and eternal—that is to say, it has neither beginning nor end—it is certain that this world of existence … has neither beginning nor end. … it may be that one of the parts of the universe, one of the globes, for example, may come into existence, or may be disintegrated, but the other endless globes are still existing. … As each globe has a beginning, necessarily it has an end, because every composition, collective or particular, must of necessity be decomposed; the only difference is that some are quickly decomposed, and others more slowly, but it is impossible that a composed thing should not eventually be decomposed
    .—Some Answered Questions, pp. 209–210. 206

Bahá'í Reference Library - Bahá’u’lláh and the New Era, Pages 204-206

15. Thief

Thief Rogue Theologian

Ratings:
    +4,724
    He was playing with Himself

He was on a roll

and there was no One Else to stop Him

16. Twilight Hue

Twilight Hue The gentle embrace of twilight has become my guide

Ratings:
    +14,105
    Religion:
    Philosophical Buddhism
    Because evolution gave rise to human imagination.

17. TagliatelliMonster

TagliatelliMonster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7,430
    Religion:
    Atheist
    He's just a show-off

18. PearlSeeker

PearlSeeker Active Member

Ratings:
    +327
    Religion:
    Christian
    Astronomers need something to observe.

19. Gerry

Gerry Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +907
    Religion:
    Love and truth
    Hmmmm. “The Christian bible”

20. QuestioningMind

QuestioningMind Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,224
    Religion:
    atheist
    Yes... you know, the bible that Christians so often mention. Surely you're familiar with it.