• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did God create Jiggers?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I met a lady in real life today who informed me what jiggers are like. Scalpels must take chunks out of flesh to remove them. God made stuff like this and could exterminate them easily. I see stuff like this and it makes me so sick of God. People are having to get their feet amputated over these parasites.
'Jigger' fleas burrow so deep that victims must have them cut out of their skin | Daily Mail Online

He better give his victims great reward in heaven for their miserable lives on earth! What the Hell were you thinking Mr. God?

Extremely disturbing images that may make you sick or skin crawl. I would rather die!
cc.jpg
ff.jpg

I just feel so sorry for people that have to deal with some of God's inventions.
Were I God I would give everyone joy and good health. I'm nicer than God! Just give me the opportunity and miracle working grace to prove it, and I will!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
You can't have life without death. Without suffering there would be no joy. it would be "normal." Life would not be life, it would just be existing.

Positive feelings are given more, more, by their negative and opposite component.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I wondered if jiggers are the same as chiggers.
They're not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's partly why I don't believe in any personal deity who is merciful and benevolent and who gives a crap about what happens on Earth. Such an approach just cannot explain why we are in the middle of a Cosmic shooting range, seemingly due to the results of a failed planet.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I met a lady in real life today who informed me what jiggers are like. Scalpels must take chunks out of flesh to remove them. God made stuff like this and could exterminate them easily. I see stuff like this and it makes me so sick of God. People are having to get their feet amputated over these parasites.
'Jigger' fleas burrow so deep that victims must have them cut out of their skin | Daily Mail Online

He better give his victims great reward in heaven for their miserable lives on earth! What the Hell were you thinking Mr. God?

Extremely disturbing images that may make you sick or skin crawl. I would rather die!

I just feel so sorry for people that have to deal with some of God's inventions.
Were I God I would give everyone joy and good health. I'm nicer than God! Just give me the opportunity and miracle working grace to prove it, and I will!
That and don't pee in the Amazon River. ;0)

Koldo

Outstanding Member
You can't have life without death. Without suffering there would be no joy. it would be "normal." Life would not be life, it would just be existing.

Positive feelings are given more, more, by their negative and opposite component.

How many limbs have you lost so far ?

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
How many limbs have you lost so far ?

I have nearly lost a few and have some dead zones in my right leg from nerve damage from a motorcycle accident.

I think the worst by far was a bacterial infection of Cellulitis a few years back where I came close to having to have my leg amputated at the knee. Don't swim in water near a river outlet in a 3rd world country is all I have to say about that.

Spiderman

Veteran Member

I don't think jiggers apply to that statement, and I know you are not defending God, but I do appreciate hearing such things come from someone like you. I didn't expect it.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I don't think jiggers apply to that statement, and I know you are not defending God, but I do appreciate hearing such things come from someone like you. I didn't expect it.

Yeah it does, life feeds on life to survive, that includes causing pain by taking nourishment from living hosts.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I never bought into this idea that if there is a God, that God is on your side, right?

I mean God, assuming God exists, has whatever plans God has and they might not be for your benefit. You may just be a necessary sacrifice to get the end result God is looking for.

But are they really God’s inventions, or His enemies’ inventions? Anyway, people wanted to know evil. That is why we are here, to learn what evil truly means. Godless life is full of evil and bad things.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I have nearly lost a few and have some dead zones in my right leg from nerve damage from a motorcycle accident.

I think the worst by far was a bacterial infection of Cellulitis a few years back where I came close to having to have my leg amputated at the knee. Don't swim in water near a river outlet in a 3rd world country is all I have to say about that.

None so far ?
Imagine how much more joy you will experience when you happen to lose one. You are missing out so much.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

I quite honestly don't know that I think that's correct at all. Why would life be impossible without death? The definition of life certainly does not contain that as part of itself. Why can't joy exist without suffering? Is there correlation, i.e. the more horribly you've suffered, the ore joy you are capable of?

No, I don't think I can find a good, philosophically reasonable argument for your assertions.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
This Jiggers stuff really ticks me off and makes me ill! Good God, just make Euthanasia legal for crying out loud! :mad:

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I quite honestly don't know that I think that's correct at all. Why would life be impossible without death? The definition of life certainly does not contain that as part of itself. Why can't joy exist without suffering? Is there correlation, i.e. the more horribly you've suffered, the ore joy you are capable of?

No, I don't think I can find a good, philosophically reasonable argument for your assertions.

I don't think you would value life if you did not know death. We can't conceive immortality as no one here is immortal. But I can think it would devalue 'life experiences."

Joy would not be joy if you were joyful 100% of the time. Like could you say someone missed out on something if they never had knowledge of it or experienced an inkling even similar to it? Could a person born without legs ever miss having them? Or another limb? Yes they see what they don't have in others, but they never had to go through phantom organ syndrome, they have adapted to life with what they had to begin with. You can't miss what you never had, you can wish you had it.

Last edited:

The Anointed

Would you also run the sewage outlets right through a man's favorite playground?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
You seem to be implying something.

Are you implying that here in America, when two words rhyme, they mean the same thing? :p
Well rhyming slang was an actual thing in the English language. So it's entirely possible ;)