• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did Cuomo so badly mismanage the NY corona situation then play the blame card

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Which part of
"New York followed the president's agencies' guidance," Cuomo said Saturday at his press conference. ".... What New York did was follow what the Republican Administration said to do.
did you have trouble understanding?

Cuomo's problem is that he believed the President.
I realize that believing Trump is stupid and all. But that's what happened. A governor believed Trump, is now being held accountable, because Trump was known to be unreliable.
Tom

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Instead of accept responsibility?

New York liberals makes shelter in place early on even encouraging people to go to the crowded Chinese festivals... and if they didn't... then they would be called racist. Should there not be appropriate accountability?

Cuomo attempts to deflect blame of deadly nursing home coronavirus debacle on to Trump
Let's start with the Universal Champion of playing the blame card and avoiding responsibilty --- Trump. Once you clean up your side's act, then you can say something about the other side.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Thank you for the link to Fox News, @whirlingmerc! I do not normally read or view them since I respect the five or six scientific studies that agree Fox News is our noble and esteemed nation's poorest major source of news. Hence, I am especially grateful to you for linking me to it. Otherwise, I surely would have missed enjoying Fox's masterful effort to discredit Cuomo.

What really impressed me about that effort was how subtle it was. I could easily see how many people in our nation might not catch its efforts to mold their views and opinions like putty. That subtitleness was really the most fascinating part. It was right up there with things I have read in books about the nature and use of propaganda on both sides during the Cold War between the US and the Soviets.

Of course, there were more blatant things too. Such as the title. The title of the article openly urged the reader to adopt a negative conclusion about Cuomo. "Very unprofessional of a news organization", I thought. But perhaps Fox has given up all pretense to being a professional news organization, in which case the article's title would be perfectly in place.

All in all, I am now a little better informed about how Fox goes about its job of molding the minds of its viewers. Thanks again for the opportunity to check that out!

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Accountability is a tricky thing in politics. If we hold one politician accountable, we should hold them all accountable.

I hold those accountable who have control of the situation. Trump's not running The State of New York or New York City. They got some explaining to do on why they're stuffing infectious patients in with old people, though I reckon explaining won't be adequate enough. Trump has nothing to do with that... Nothing at all. It's just a ****-show distraction.

But, as far as accountability don't hold your breath -- neither you, me, or anyone else here is in the "good ole boys network" that these people are a member of. They have no more real opposition to one another than you'd see before a typical wrestling match. Off the clock they're hanging out and doing the beers. People need to stop being fools.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Which part of

did you have trouble understanding?

Cuomo's problem is that he believed the President.
I realize that believing Trump is stupid and all. But that's what happened. A governor believed Trump, is now being held accountable, because Trump was known to be unreliable.
Tom

President Donald Trump's problem is he believed in China, maybe they should be held accountable for the Wuhan virus fiasco.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
President Donald Trump's problem is he believed in China, maybe they should be held accountable for the Wuhan virus fiasco.

Actually, that's a good point. Mr. Trump must be held accountable for his misjudgement of China's president and Government, and Mr. Cuomo must be held accountable for his misjudgment of Mr. Trump and his administration. Both men should have known better than to have trusted the people they trusted.

Placing your faith in unreliable people is a mark of poor judgement, not an excuse to shirk taking responsibility for your actions.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I think we should start making a list of things we find unacceptable in a leader.

1. Racist or bigoted beliefs and actions.

2. Unwillingness to accept responsibility.

And I am sure we will add much more as the weeks go by. Maybe something like putting their own self interest above those they serve for example, or whatever.