• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Create, God?

This question is overall unanswerable but here it is: Why did God create everything if He is all sufficient and complete? Its not like He is lacking anything to make Him desire to create.

My conclusion: its just a part of His nature. He can't stop creating (unless He Wills it so) as soon as we cant stop breathing and still exist.

What are some other thoughts on this question?

No*s

Captain Obvious
My answer *drumroll and some people rolling their eyes already*:

I do not know, and we cannot know, so I don't guess :D.

Ghostdog

Get a load of this........

I ­ and that same I is in you and in everybody ­ enlightened this brain by the truth I am. All the stress and strain of life ­ yours, mine and everybody’s ­ is simply the effort of breaking down the brain’s resistance to the entry of the truth. The brain clings to its beliefs ­ in scientific theories, religions, dogma. The delight that you and I and every creature feels is when the brain is at rest.

To bring your brain to rest is what you are endeavouring to do with your life, whether you know it or not. It’s happening in everybody.

PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SUFFERING since time began ­ losing their jobs and their lives and their children ­ because that’s living, isn’t it? And you must deal with it. Not worry and think and try to work it out. Not ask why did this happen, but rather see there must be something I have to learn here. Then instead of blaming and wondering and speculating I can discover the truth ­ that everybody dies, that everything changes every moment. That no creature ­ including the worm outside that is being eaten by the bird to survive ­ nothing is safe. Nothing is guaranteed. When I see that truth, which men and women have avoided since time began, I then see that, ‘My God, I can hold on to nothing’. I can be attached to nothing. And yet I can enjoy what I have. And if it goes, as it must go, then I’m no longer shocked because I know that I can’t hold on to anything, including my own life.

So that’s the truth. And it’s a beautiful truth isn’t it? No avoidance. That’s why I say to everyone: face life as it is, not as you want it to be. Because this life is integral ­ is one life. You can’t separate bits and say, ‘Oh that’s dreadful and this is OK.’ You’ve got to encompass the lot or you’ll always suffer. So give up your expectations, give up your blaming and trying.

I SPEAK THE TRUTH behind the brain. I teach people to be the truth. And in the truth there are no problems. Which makes it a very limited experience for anyone who’s looking for excitement or a continuation of their problems. The truth is of course the most joyous and delightful state, but that is utterly and completely within.

The world might say, ‘I want some music, a mantra, anything ­ but don’t give me this awful, cold, straightforward, utterly unavoidable truth.’ The world lives in the display, the exhibition. It laughs when its heart’s really breaking inside. It says, ‘Everything’s alright.’ And it’s not alright. Because everyone’s crying to the wall every night for lack of love.

Men and women lose themselves in thinking instead of offering themselves every moment to the glory that is life. But when they are threatened with death ­ they are going to die in two weeks or tomorrow ­ suddenly they realize that life is good! What a funny thing this brain is ­ it only gets enlightened in the moment it faces death! So you’ve got to die every moment. That is how to have uninterrupted enlightenment of the brain.

Men and women engage in the fantasy of the past or the fantasy of the future, which have no reality. Very seldom does anyone ever speak of now ­ yet everyone craves to be now. For all problems disappear now; events happen now and you deal with them moment to moment. To live in that reality ­ where there is no past and no future ­ that is the kingdom of heaven. And if I find the kingdom of heaven within me, then it happens without. That’s the law of life.

Master Vigil

I agree with No's. I don't know, probably never will know. I don't have the ability to go back in time to see how it was done, so I worry about now.

oracle

Pilgrim of this Reality said:
This question is overall unanswerable but here it is: Why did God create everything if He is all sufficient and complete? Its not like He is lacking anything to make Him desire to create.

My conclusion: its just a part of His nature. He can't stop creating (unless He Wills it so) as soon as we cant stop breathing and still exist.

I would have to agree with some of the statements already made. God cannot be fully understood.

These are my beliefs: God first of all, does not contain human characteristics. God is infinite, nothingness; it is a reality where neither space, time, or matter exist. It is singular and whole lacking any distinction. This is what it is refering to in referance to the perfection, completion, or sufficiency of God. You cannot lack in anything when there is nothing to lack in. [This perfection is not a moral standard, but it exceeds morality itself].

"In the beginning of God's creating. This phrase is commonly rendered, In the beginning God created, which would indicate that the Torah is giving the sequence of Creation -- That God created the heaven, then the earth, darkness, water, light and so on. Rashi and Ibn Ezra disagree however, and our translation follows their view." -- Chumash Commentary.

I think I remember that the Zohar states that creation is a contineous process. I know for a fact that in Kabbalistic terms, reality is a continuous flux of life-death.

I percieve that life is an "illusion" [mana] where matter exists soley for the purpose of the conscious mind. You need matter in order for a consciousness to exist. Only then can free will be possible, the ability to be aware, to chose and to experience the consequences of one's choices [this is the essence of the conscious mind]. Creation exists for such a purpose, as it is Judaic teaching that this world was created soley for Adam [mankind].

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I'm just a piece of the jigsaw; I haven't seen the picture on the lid of the box!!!:)

cardero

Citizen Mod
Pilgrim of this Reality said:

I think your answer is sufficient. If you need further evidence you could ask any creator why they create anything. A painter paints because they would like to exercise their talent, they would like to see where they can take it, they want to see what they can pull out from within. An inventor invents something to make lives easier. A farmer plants a seed that turns into a garden of food. A couple in a night of passion chooses to create a life. The best appeal for me in creating is always turning one thing into something bigger or better. A blank piece of paper that turns into a picture. A line of words that turns into a song. Some people play GOD everyday and don't even know it.

Scott1

Scripture and Tradition never cease to teach and celebrate this fundamental truth: "The world was made for the glory of God." St. Bonaventure explains that God created all things "not to increase his glory, but to show it forth and to communicate it", for God has no other reason for creating than his love and goodness: "Creatures came into existence when the key of love opened his hand." The First Vatican Council explains:

This one, true God, of his own goodness and "almighty power", not for increasing his own beatitude, nor for attaining his perfection, but in order to manifest this perfection through the benefits which he bestows on creatures, with absolute freedom of counsel "and from the beginning of time, made out of nothing both orders of creatures, the spiritual and the corporeal. . ."

I do like No*s' answer as well.....

Melody

NetDoc said:
Ooh, ooh... waves hand... "That's real easy: Because!"
Frubals to ya, NetDoc. No's, I'd give you frubals too but it won't let me. It's probably because I frubaled your bunny slippers or something.

No*s

Captain Obvious
Melody said:
Frubals to ya, NetDoc. No's, I'd give you frubals too but it won't let me. It's probably because I frubaled your bunny slippers or something.

Well, you know. It's only manly to wear pink bunny slippers while fighting bad guys :D.

croak

Trickster
Well, everything, animate and inanimate, worships Allah (swt) in their own way, but it is obvious that they don't worship Him like we do. So, one reason, at least, could be that Allah (swt) created things to worship Him. And one of the first creatures he created was the angel, which, of course, always obeys and worships Him. You can think of humans as an experiment, to see if we choose to worship or not, to go against what we were created for.

This is my opinion. If you want something less serious, He created us so that everytime He looks at us, He feels happy. :p

croak

Trickster
And by that, I meant He'll feel happy at the billions of mistakes we make.....humans are quite accident-prone, aren't we?