• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Couldn't Jesus Stay?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
In John 16 Jesus tells the disciples he has to depart. Why then must he go away and send another? Why not just stay and work diligently at saving the world?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
He said this isn't his kingdom. Why stay where you aren't wanted, and the rulers of this world didn't want him around.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
He said this isn't his kingdom. Why stay where you aren't wanted, and the rulers of this world didn't want him around.

Hebrews 9:27
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

lostwanderingsoul

If God was really trying to save the world right now, do you think He is so weak that it would not be done? God is not trying to save the world now. He is letting mankind see that without God man cannot survive. Jesus will return and save those who are willing to follow Him.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
If God was really trying to save the world right now, do you think He is so weak that it would not be done? God is not trying to save the world now. He is letting mankind see that without God man cannot survive. Jesus will return and save those who are willing to follow Him.

christ is expected to return, the bible doesn't say jesus will.

jesus told you that if anyone comes claiming I Am he to believe them not. So if Jesus comes, you going to ignore what he said?

Matthew 24:23
Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

Mark 13:21
And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:

Luke 17:21
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Christ realized, or returns.

John 14:20
On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

Muffled

Jesus in me
In John 16 Jesus tells the disciples he has to depart. Why then must he go away and send another? Why not just stay and work diligently at saving the world?

I believe He has remained as the Paraclete. We don't need His physical body for Him to save the world.

I believe the reason He left is given here:
John 14:2 In my Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Because Christians think he already saved humanity by dying for their sins.

I would say he had to depart because he was human and could not live forever, but that's probably not going to get far in an argument among Christians.[/QUOTE]

I believe you are correct in your assessment of our belief.

I don't believe humanity was automatically saved by His dying but certainly He has done all that could be done.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe He has the power to rule and certainly could be a dictator but even in the end Jesus only takes into the Kingdom the willing.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I believe He has remained as the Paraclete. We don't need His physical body for Him to save the world.

I believe the reason He left is given here:

John 14:2 In my Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.

John 3:5
Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

John 3:6
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

John 3:13
No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.

Ecclesiastes 12:7
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Muffled

Jesus in me
John 3:5
Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

John 3:6
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

John 3:13
No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.

Ecclesiastes 12:7
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

I believe there is a spiritual Kingdom of God and a physical Kingdom of God.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe Jesus worked though me to lead two people to salvation in Jesus so there is no doubt He is trying to save the world.

Muffled

Jesus in me
christ is expected to return, the bible doesn't say jesus will.

jesus told you that if anyone comes claiming I Am he to believe them not. So if Jesus comes, you going to ignore what he said?

Matthew 24:23
Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

Mark 13:21
And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:

Luke 17:21
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Christ realized, or returns.

John 14:20
On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

I believe you must have missed this verse:
Acts 1:11 who also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye looking into heaven? this Jesus, who was received up from you into heaven shall so come in like manner as ye beheld him going into heaven.

I believe you have missed the interpretation of this by taking it out of context.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I believe you must have missed this verse:
Acts 1:11 who also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye looking into heaven? this Jesus, who was received up from you into heaven shall so come in like manner as ye beheld him going into heaven.

I believe you have missed the interpretation of this by taking it out of context.
he was taken up in a cloud; which implies obscurity.

enoch was taken, elijah was taken and elijah returned as john the baptist, others were taken.

FYI,
"Look, he is coming with the clouds," and "every eye will see him, even those who pierced him"; and all peoples on earth "will mourn because of him." So shall it be! Amen.

claims everyone, not just the christians, but everyone will see. maybe, understand? see?

Last edited:

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Seems a simple answer to me; because he died. The only people who saw him after his supposed resurrection were his closest friends and loved ones, in a private room, after which he immediately ascended to heaven. It'd be no different than me and my brothers claiming to have seen Elvis in our basement in two days here, and he played us a private show before returning to the Mothership.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I believe He has the power to rule and certainly could be a dictator but even in the end Jesus only takes into the Kingdom the willing.

Right, when he casts the unwilling into the lake of fire. So Jesus left because the time of the unwilling has not ended.

Kelly of the Phoenix

On the other hand, most everyone is surviving quite well, in fact better than at the time he lived, so ...

lostwanderingsoul

Yes, I am so glad to see everyone is surviving so well. Hatred, war disease. People killing each other everyday. We are so lucky to be doing so well.