• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why converse of G-d is needed by humans?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
From His Word.

Regards
If converse between two human being could lead to cognition of one another; why converse between man and G-d cannot lead to perfect cognition of G-d by a human ?Please

Regards

Question. When do you converse with God, what do you guys converse about?

The answer to this question should make it obvious why conversation with God does not lead to perfect cognition of God. If it did, this cognition should not depend on your character, upbringing and culture you just happened by sheer accident of birth, to be been born into.

Ciao

- viole

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Question. When do you converse with God, what do you guys converse about?

The answer to this question should make it obvious why conversation with God does not lead to perfect cognition of God. If it did, this cognition should not depend on your character, upbringing and culture you just happened by sheer accident of birth, to be been born into.

Ciao

- viole
  • Personally I never had any direct Converse with G-d.
  • There have been persons who had Converse with God and that Converse is secure and is available:
    • Muhammad had Converse with G-d and it is available in Quran. One could see its contents.
    • Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908, the Converse he received is available and is named Tadhkirah Tadhkirah
  • Converse with God leads to perfect cognition of G-d and makes one in the image of G-d.
  • There is no bar on any culture, upbringing or which race or people one has been born in.
  • Character and righteousness is essential for His Converse.
Regards

arthra

Baha'i

This is because logic and reasoning alone cannot lead to the perfect cognition of G-d.

Everyone’s thoughts are welcome whether one belongs to a religion or no religion.

Regards

I'm unsure there can be a "perfect cognition" of God for humans... In my Faith the essence of God is unknowable... We can know more about God however through His Messengers and Prophets.
Prayer is conversation with God:

"The most blessed condition is the condition of prayer and supplication. Prayer is conversation with God. The greatest attainment or the sweetest state is none other than conversation with God. It creates spirituality, creates mindfulness and celestial feelings, begets new attractions of the Kingdom and engenders the susceptibilities of the higher intelligence.
Prayer and supplication are so effective that they inspire one's heart for the whole day with high ideals and supreme sanctity and calmness. One's heart must be sensitive to the music of prayer. He must feel the effect of prayer.
Man becomes like a stone unless he continually supplicates to God."

~ Abdul-Baha

(SOW - Star of the West, Star of the West - 10)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I'm unsure there can be a "perfect cognition" of God for humans... In my Faith the essence of God is unknowable... We can know more about God however through His Messengers and Prophets.
Prayer is conversation with God:
"The most blessed condition is the condition of prayer and supplication. Prayer is conversation with God. The greatest attainment or the sweetest state is none other than conversation with God. It creates spirituality, creates mindfulness and celestial feelings, begets new attractions of the Kingdom and engenders the susceptibilities of the higher intelligence.
Prayer and supplication are so effective that they inspire one's heart for the whole day with high ideals and supreme sanctity and calmness. One's heart must be sensitive to the music of prayer. He must feel the effect of prayer.
Man becomes like a stone unless he continually supplicates to God."
~ Abdul-Baha

(SOW - Star of the West, Star of the West - 10)

• "perfect cognition" of God
It is in relative terms.
  • Prayer is conversation with God
Yes it is also one form of conversation.

I agree with the contents of your post.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Reason does help humanity in secular issues of life and with the help of its conjugal partners like history,physics, chemistry etc, set disciplines that work as its instruments;it tackles them. Without these disciplines reason alone is just blind and cannot take one anywhere. There comes a stage where reason even in these disciplines becomes gibberish. In other words it refuses to go further, till such time a breakthrough comes.

In ethical, moral and spiritual matter reason needs a different partners to guide one and to lead one to different stages of certainty. Word of Revelation is the conjugal partner of reason in these realms.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Think, we have one to one dialogue in the internet, never having met one another anywhere physically. Since we have communicated with one another, that is enough proof that we exist, we are never in doubt about it.
Am I right?
Regards

Kirran

Premium Member
One is welcome to present any 100% accurate evidence/s that G-d does not exists and has never talked to humans.
Regards

That isn't really how it works paarsurrey. You're the one making the claim, and if you want people to take it seriously it's on you to provide evidence.

You are the one claiming the existence of something - it doesn't require evidence to say something doesn't exist, just a lack of evidence for it. For example, I can say that a small orange creature with seventeen legs lives on the roof of your home. You could quite fairly ask me to prove it to you, and if I couldn't prove it then you wouldn't believe it. I wouldn't ask you to prove that it didn't exist. Do you follow me?

Noa

That isn't really how it works paarsurrey. You're the one making the claim, and if you want people to take it seriously it's on you to provide evidence.

You are the one claiming the existence of something - it doesn't require evidence to say something doesn't exist, just a lack of evidence for it. For example, I can say that a small orange creature with seventeen legs lives on the roof of your home. You could quite fairly ask me to prove it to you, and if I couldn't prove it then you wouldn't believe it. I wouldn't ask you to prove that it didn't exist. Do you follow me?

This common argument assumes that the believers in question actually care about proving anything to anyone. That is a huge assumption.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
It is reasonable and works well.
May be it does not suit you well.
Regards

Kirran

Premium Member
This common argument assumes that the believers in question actually care about proving anything to anyone. That is a huge assumption.

I did include that proviso, maybe not obviously enough :)

It is reasonable and works well.
May be it does not suit you well.
Regards

I only meant in terms of debate. If you are only stating your belief, rather than trying to prove it over others', then of course it works. There's no need for you to try to establish the truth of your view. However, if you did want to, then this is how it would work.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
If converse between two human being could lead to cognition of one another; why converse between man and G-d cannot lead to perfect cognition of G-d by a human ?Please

Regards

Simple. Because whoever claims to converse with God seems to not agree with the cognition of God of someone else who converses with God, too. In general.

Apart from having cognitions of God that seem so far apart (e.g Jesus Vs, the elephant God), even within Christianity this "perfect" cognition does not seem very reliable. Hell, no hell, capital punishement, no capital punishement, evolution, no evolution, gays, no gays, etc.

My guess is that these conversations with the almighty are restricted to the weather or soccer, for some reason.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Even taking for granted that Ibrahim's God is true, one and only, it does not follow that human minds will necessarily be capable of understanding him in any useful sense or degree.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Sorry , Abraham was not the first human G-d conversed with. When man got evolved (in millions of years) to reach a stage to comprehend the attributes of G-d, G-d conversed with man, it was named as Adam- the first human being G-d conversed with and told about Himself, directly:
[2:31]And when thy Lord said to the angels: ‘I am about to place a vicegerent in the earth,’ they said: ‘Wilt Thou place therein such as will cause disorder in it, and shed blood? — and we glorify Thee with Thy praise and extol Thy holiness.’ He answered: ‘I know what you know not.’
[2:32]And He taught Adam all the names, then He putthe objects ofthesenamesbefore the angels and said: ‘Tell Me the names of these, if you are right.’
[2:33]They said: ‘Holy art Thou! No knowledge have we except what Thou hast taught us; surely, Thou art the All-Knowing, the Wise.’

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=2&verse=31
Regards