• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why converse of G-d is needed by humans?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
This is because logic and reasoning alone cannot lead to the perfect cognition of G-d.

Everyone’s thoughts are welcome whether one belongs to a religion or no religion.

Regards
Cognition of God is generally not needed, though. Even a conception of God is optional at best.

JoStories

If converse between two human being could lead to cognition of one another; why converse between man and G-d cannot lead to perfect cognition of G-d by a human ?Please

Regards
IMO, I don't converse with God. I try to find the answers to who I am and what my path and journey is about, leading, hopefully in a few more lives, to enlightenment where if there is God, I can find you what God is.

JoStories

And that exactly He has done.

Regards
He? And how can you know what God has done? No one can truly speak with God. They can believe they ar but the honest truth is they are having inner thoughts. Nothing wrong with that but unless someone can prove they're speak g to God, I won't believe that.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
No one can truly speak with God. They can believe they ar but the honest truth is they are having inner thoughts. Nothing wrong with that but unless someone can prove they're speak g to God, I won't believe that.

Yes, we all have inner voices and internal dialogue so I have no idea how somebody can be sure they are conversing with God.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
No one can truly speak with God.
How could you say that? If one cannot speak with G-d while there are others who have experienced Converse with G-d; why others should not be believed that they are true?
No disrespect is intended to anybody.

Regards

JoStories

How could you say that? If one cannot speak with G-d while there are others who have experienced Converse with G-d; why others should not be believed that they are true?
No disrespect is intended to anybody.

Regards
That is my belief. We can stove to know God and I do but I don't believe God is a being with whom we can strike up,a conversation. I assume from your posts you are Christian or one of the monotheistic faiths. Those faiths depict God as an old man with a white beard, and so forth. IMO, that is mankind so view of what they think is God. And this side of the afterlife there is no way for you or anyone to know that. In my view, God is energy. I am Buddhist btw, and don't believe as any organized religions do. I understand that this is the way you view God and if that works for you, great. It doesn't, however, for a great many people on earth or even here in the forum. Namaste.

JoStories

From His Word.

Regards
IMO, the bible, assuming here you mean that book, was, again, IMO, written by men. Even those who compiled it couldn't agree on what books to include and what to leave out. How do you explain that? Particularly when some, like Thomas, more aptly describe the beautiful message of Christ.

JoStories

Yes, we all have inner voices and internal dialogue so I have no idea how somebody can be sure they are conversing with God.
I agree Norman. IMO, those that do think they are talking to God are having conversations with their consciousness or subconscious. I've felt the presence of God, ( yes dear, I know you don't concur with that!) but I don't think we can talk to something that no one can explain or even agree upon. If we could, would not all people hear similar messages, if, indeed, it's God.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
That is my belief. We can stove to know God and I do but I don't believe God is a being with whom we can strike up,a conversation. I assume from your posts you are Christian or one of the monotheistic faiths. Those faiths depict God as an old man with a white beard, and so forth. IMO, that is mankind so view of what they think is God. And this side of the afterlife there is no way for you or anyone to know that. In my view, God is energy. I am Buddhist btw, and don't believe as any organized religions do. I understand that this is the way you view God and if that works for you, great. It doesn't, however, for a great many people on earth or even here in the forum. Namaste.

You are free to believe whatever works for you and there is no compulsion.
I am an Ahmadi Muslim, I don't depict G-d "as an old man with a white beard, and so forth" as wrongly described by you.
I don't agree with you.

Regards

JoStories

So could you say what that was like?
Sure, with the understanding that I won't be ridiculed for doing so. The first time was in Portugal. In the Pyrenees. I was 17, alone and thought I was going to die. You know how histrionic teens can be. Well, I sat down, feeling intensely sorry for my self when a profound sense of peace came over me and I knew I would be led out of there. Sunlight illuminated a path that led me out to a small village where I could find transportation back to Lisbon. I knew then as I was walking that it was God/dess as it was so comforting. Other times, it has been in other places, such as the ko'alina mountians between Honolulu and the windward side. Etc. there was no other explanation as yet for the sense of being wrapped in protective solace.

JoStories

You are free to believe whatever works for you and there is no compulsion.
I am an Ahmadi Muslim, I don't depict G-d "as an old man with a white beard, and so forth" as wrongly described by you.
I don't agree with you.

Regards
My apologies for my presumption. And I don't agree with the you sir, so that will end this conversation with you from my POV. Namaste.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
My apologies for my presumption. And I don't agree with the you sir, so that will end this conversation with you from my POV. Namaste.
No need for any apologies.
You are a friend. You are welcome to mention your point of view even if it differs with me. The dialogue must remain open. Really I don't believe G-d as an old man with a long beard; it is not mentioned in Quran. Where did you get this to know? Please
Regards