• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Christians Shouldn't Celebrate Halloween!!!

Skwim

Veteran Member
Setting aside a day to celebrate evil, darkness, witchcraft, fear, death and the demonic brings disdain to God. Period. A Christian celebrating Halloween would be like a Satan worshiper putting up a nativity scene at Christmas while singing, "Happy Birthday, Jesus!" The two just don't go together. Jesus has nothing in common with Satan (2 Cor. 6:14), and neither should we.

So stop justifying why it is fine to celebrate this demonic, worldly, evil holiday. There are no muddled lines or gray areas about it. A committed follower of Jesus Christ should not celebrate Halloween.
source

So, what's it to be, Halloween or not?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Christians have managed to incorporate all pagan holidays into their religion for the purpose of easier conversion. Halloween is no different.

History of Halloween - Halloween - HISTORY.com

I bet you didn't watch the videos.
a7306492d9bad03b661348496a1dbeba_57ce62f92a6b220a0953d4e6.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My background is Jewish but I was always happy to celebrate Christian holidays if there were goodies attached to it. We did have a Hanukkah bush and got Hanukkah gelt but to me it was Jewish parents taking care of kids who felt left out when the goodies were distributed.

You can always find a few who look down their noses at such things, but the sane majority are not bothered and were happy when their kids read Harry Potter, for example.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Setting aside a day to celebrate evil, darkness, witchcraft, fear, death and the demonic brings disdain to God. Period. A Christian celebrating Halloween would be like a Satan worshiper putting up a nativity scene at Christmas while singing, "Happy Birthday, Jesus!" The two just don't go together. Jesus has nothing in common with Satan (2 Cor. 6:14), and neither should we.

So stop justifying why it is fine to celebrate this demonic, worldly, evil holiday. There are no muddled lines or gray areas about it. A committed follower of Jesus Christ should not celebrate Halloween.
source

So, what's it to be, Halloween or not?

That's easy, if you demand to know why any Christian is celebrating Halloween, all they have to answer is:-
'Because I want to'.
They don't need to tell you a single thing more.

But Jehovah Witnesses and some other Creeds don't celebrate either Halloween OR Christmas, so you've overlooked them for sure.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
That's easy, if you demand to know why any Christian is celebrating Halloween, all they have to answer is:-
'Because I want to'.
They don't need to tell you a single thing more.

But Jehovah Witnesses and some other Creeds don't celebrate either Halloween OR Christmas, so you've overlooked them for sure.

Plus WTH are they going to do with all that candy corn?

Father

Devourer of Truth
Jesus was never born on Christmas. christmas is just a rip off of Saturnalia and another pagan holiday the catholic church absorbed to absorb more members. they didn't know of Jesus's birthday anyway so they made it the 25th even though biblical evidence shows it would be in the spring or summer.

all hallows eve or Halloween originally was sort of the day of the dead. but in the late 20s or around there it became a holiday for dressing up. not really Satan. the satan we all know is closer to the satyr and if you read up old myths about Saint Nicolas he has a partner who looked like Baphomet and beat naughty children. to Christmas can be satanic just as much as it is Christian... well both are not real and it's a pagan holiday, along with Halloween but you get the point

Merry All Hallows Eve!
ef4c3dbd8236a2319fa9c5f6cf0d04f0.jpg

zahra67

Christians have managed to incorporate all pagan holidays into their religion for the purpose of easier conversion. Halloween is no different.

History of Halloween - Halloween - HISTORY.com
If god was real, he would not need theists to inform us that he is real.

God is infinite and does not need our worship.
God created universe out of his generosity and wants our salvation and prosperity.
the purpose of creation is to achieve divine mercy and bounties.

Jumi

God doesn't care if you celebrate Halloween, though I won't. I'm not a fan of anything ritual-like even if it's supposed to be fun.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
All the Christian calendar is just dates on which we celebrate various religious events. None of them are dates the events actually happened.
though Saints days are often on the Day they are thought to have died

Halloween is not a religious event, though it does fall close to All Souls Day, when we celebrate the lives of the departed. Our church will be holding such a service this Sunday the 29th of October. ( the nearest Sunday to the 2nd November All souls day)

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure that the reason the churches incorporate holidays of various cultures is that they are catholic. It is paranoid, modern cult like churches which need to hunt scarecrows and point fingers and have alternative gatherings where they change the name and say its all about Jesus because they sing some songs to hypnotic music and chant. Its less worldly they say! The whole alternative halloween thing is, unbeknownst to most, the continuation of a war between Christians. Its just one more way to keep Christians from getting to know each other, because then they might help each other to get out from under certain heavy thumbs. Alt-halloween seems to me like part of a strategy to keep the sheep divided.

David T

Premium Member
I'm pretty sure that the reason the churches incorporate holidays of various cultures is that they are catholic. It is paranoid, modern cult like churches which need to hunt scarecrows and point fingers and have alternative gatherings where they change the name and say its all about Jesus because they sing some songs to hypnotic music and chant. Its less worldly they say! The whole alternative halloween thing is, unbeknownst to most, the continuation of a war between Christians. Its just one more way to keep Christians from getting to know each other, because then they might help each other to get out from under certain heavy thumbs. Alt-halloween seems to me like part of a strategy to keep the sheep divided.
I converted all that 4 billion years of dna with the goal of conquering all other life forms. Apparently the cosmos is the sith!!!

David T

Premium Member
I say throw it in a bunker in Antarctica and forget it exists, but that's not a religious stance!
We can dig it up in 200,000,000 million years and proclaim homo Sapiens buried their sugar in some ritualistic drive. they almost were as intelligent as us!! Although clearly not as intelligent.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
We can dig it up in 200,000,000 million years and proclaim homo Sapiens buried their sugar in some ritualistic drive. they almost were as intelligent as us!! Although clearly not as intelligent.

It will probably still be edible.