• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Choose satanism?

other-side

Soul separator
Learning in class is about respect, by respecting the person who's taking the time out of their life to bestow upon you knowledge you do not have.

OK i Change my way I don't Submit to God I respect him:areyoucra

The idea behind the LHP is to be self empowered, and all things, including god, Satan, and other people, are either your equal or bellow you.

weird I feel empowered by respecting God too,why?:rainbow1:

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
my god? who am I to make a god.:shrug:
Nor am I. But the got you worship is not mine and plays no role in my life.
I don't want to argue for words. let me make it clear.
from my birth till now I have used many things without paying for them.I had a good mother,an educated father,beautiful and compassionate brother and sister,glorious relatives,a healthy body,a hand to write, eyes to look and see,a nose to smell,a brain to think,a mouth to eat and talk,ears to hear,a healthy heart without problem,good working hands and legs,a fresh air to breath,a drinkable water to drink,good food to eat,enough money to spend,a good IQ and EQ,a house to live in as a shelter,a good university to study at,a good country to live in,a brilliant nature to enjoy,a good soul to rely on and count a million more!
I just Thank the one that has given these to me,I glorify him,love him and thank him everyday for giving more than i can count,I remember him because whatever I have he granted me.I talk about him with everyone and talk about him happily and will always be thankful for everything.
You can call this submission,being a slave,being deceived by a power or anything else
you can name him whatever you want God,nature,energy,life,Satan,bad,good and whatever you can imagine
I Love him and want him badly...i,m in love with him badly so I accept whatever he says.I,m a lover
What's wrong with that?:angel2:
Well I'm glad you have had a good life. But that doesn't mean the god you follow has anything to do with the world, why it's here, or anything else.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
OK i Change my way I don't Submit to God I respect him:areyoucra
Well okay then :areyoucra

weird I feel empowered by respecting God too,why?:rainbow1:
Ho is that weird? Maybe it's just the way you do things. But why then did you come in here in the first place putting down Satanist and others that follow the LHP and it's "Dark ways"??

other-side

Soul separator
Nor am I. But the got you worship is not mine and plays no role in my life.
It's not a thing we worship Azakel,to say that I don't worship your god and i worship my own!!

Well I'm glad you have had a good life. But that doesn't mean the god you follow has anything to do with the world, why it's here, or anything else.
I wish you a good life too:angel2:

Well okay then :areyoucra
:D

Ho is that weird? Maybe it's just the way you do things. But why then did you come in here in the first place putting down Satanist and others that follow the LHP and it's "Dark ways"??

I didn't put down Satanist!I respect you and all the LHP's I,m just interested to know why some people follow him and asking questions to find my answers.:rainbow1:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I didn't put down Satanist!I respect you and all the LHP's I,m just interested to know why some people follow him and asking questions to find my answers.:rainbow1:

Speak to enough people and you will realize that they view the anthropomorphic version of the Islamic god or the Abrahamic god in general just as you may view Shaitan. they ask believers on daily basis why they follow him.
for many Satanists, Satan or at least Lucifer, is the philosophical alternative, or anti thesis for the things they have come to reject in the Abrahamic background of their society.

GiantHouseKey

I,m just interested to know why some people follow him and asking questions to find my answers.:rainbow1:

Bingo! That's where you've got it wrong. I can't talk for Theistic Satanists, but as an atheist I don't 'follow' or 'worship' anything. Personally I don't BELIEVE in God, so I can't be against him, or worship Satan or anything, because I don't believe they exist. Just as you don't worship the great God of Americ, doesn't mean you're not an American. Different meanings :) My Satan is different to the Abrahamic one.

But some people do believe in and follow the biblical Satan... To be honest, though, if the God of the bible does exist, he's not been a very nice little boy now has he...

GhK

other-side

Soul separator
Speak to enough people and you will realize that they view the anthropomorphic version of the Islamic god or the Abrahamic god in general just as you may view Shaitan. they ask believers on daily basis why they follow him.
for many Satanists, Satan or at least Lucifer, is the philosophical alternative, or anti thesis for the things they have come to reject in the Abrahamic background of their society.

Thanks that's a good answer 4 me :rainbow1: so they are trying to make a powerful leader and reject Abrahamic beliefs and the best alternative is Satan :angel2:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Thanks that's a good answer 4 me :rainbow1: so they are trying to make a powerful leader and reject Abrahamic beliefs and the best alternative is Satan :angel2:

Just by reading GiantHouseKey's post you can understand, that Satanism is an umbrella for many philosophies. some Satanists are immersed in the philosophies and symbolism behind Heathen deities, and not necessarily the Biblical Satan, the Christian Lucifer, or the Qur'anic Iblis and Shaitan.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
It's not a thing we worship Azakel,to say that I don't worship your god and i worship my own!!
Yeah but that's the thing, I am a Polytheist. My gods aren't your god. So you see you do worship your own god, by what ever name you wish to call it. Just as my gods have names.
Hail Seth!:D

other-side

Soul separator
Bingo! That's where you've got it wrong. I can't talk for Theistic Satanists, but as an atheist I don't 'follow' or 'worship' anything. Personally I don't BELIEVE in God, so I can't be against him, or worship Satan or anything, because I don't believe they exist. Just as you don't worship the great God of Americ, doesn't mean you're not an American. Different meanings :) My Satan is different to the Abrahamic one.

But some people do believe in and follow the biblical Satan... To be honest, though, if the God of the bible does exist, he's not been a very nice little boy now has he...

GhK

That's not what Caladan is saying at all :p

GhK.
:monkey:silly me!

Just by reading GiantHouseKey's post you can understand, that Satanism is an umbrella for many philosophies. some Satanists are immersed in the philosophies and symbolism behind Heathen deities, and not necessarily the Biblical Satan, the Christian Lucifer, or the Qur'anic Iblis and Shaitan.

Hmm i think the grey neurons are trying to work!! :p
So they just use Satan as a symbol !
thanks for the help:angel2:

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
A good(but not great) book to read to get maybe a small base understanding of Satanism(the Atheistic type) would be the Satanic Bible. Though I know some Atheist Satanist that started out with that book and have moved on to there own A.S. way.

Sireal

Setian
Read history and see how God wins!:rainbow1:

"There is nothing more dangerous than history used as a defense, or history used for preaching; history used as a tool is no longer history." ~Marcel Trudel

Other-side, you are in the wrong place and have no real knowledge of what you speak. If the bloody history of the church raises an eyebrow and attempts such wanton flagrant ignorance again, I would lay odds it will be the last time it does so. "Liberate tutame ex inferis" god neVer was.

other-side

Soul separator
A good(but not great) book to read to get maybe a small base understanding of Satanism(the Atheistic type) would be the Satanic Bible.

Thanks Azakel I will check that:)

" If the bloody history of the church raises an eyebrow and attempts such wanton flagrant ignorance again, I would lay odds it will be the last time it does so. "Liberate tutame ex inferis" god neVer was.
I,m not a Christian fellow:D
I agree with you but not all of the history is like that.We learn much from it that doesn't' mean things should happen again,don't worry ;)

other-side

Soul separator
Ok I downloaded this "Satanic Bible" and checked the Churchofsatan site!

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]My personal sexual practices tend to be very heavily masochistic, including bondage, blood loss, urine, sodomy, excrement, fetishizing tools, weapons such as guns and knives, and especially filthy panties-preferably white or lavender lace and any daisy pattern," explains Rev. Leyba. "I am partner-based, and require monogamy for full ritualistic effect. Blood ritual has been a very powerful tool in my art; I use blood in my paintings. The only time I publicly do SM rituals is [for] political performances.[/SIZE][/FONT]Anton Szandor LaVey[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]"
source: Church of Satan: The Official Web Site

[/SIZE][/FONT]wow! Does science accept this? is this logical ? I,m just curious to know why LaVey says that?

GiantHouseKey

Ok I downloaded this "Satanic Bible" and checked the Churchofsatan site!

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]My personal sexual practices tend to be very heavily masochistic, including bondage, blood loss, urine, sodomy, excrement, fetishizing tools, weapons such as guns and knives, and especially filthy panties-preferably white or lavender lace and any daisy pattern," explains Rev. Leyba. "I am partner-based, and require monogamy for full ritualistic effect. Blood ritual has been a very powerful tool in my art; I use blood in my paintings. The only time I publicly do SM rituals is [for] political performances.[/SIZE][/FONT]Anton Szandor LaVey[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]"
source: Church of Satan: The Official Web Site

[/SIZE][/FONT]wow! Does science accept this? is this logical ? I,m just curious to know why LaVey says that?
It's a preference. Like an opinion... You can't say whether it's logical or right or wrong - It's just what somebody is in to. Science doesn't accept, for example, whether it is right or wrong to eat meat, it's just what a particular person feels it right for them. It's not a scientific statement at all

GhK.

other-side

Soul separator
It's a preference. Like an opinion... You can't say whether it's logical or right or wrong - It's just what somebody is in to.

it's a preference? He has written down the satanic bible and he is the most skilled one in that religion! it's related to the Satanic sex section! it's a pat of the religion.

It's not a scientific statement at all
ok so many parts of the Abrahimic religions are not scientific too like afterlife ,existence of soul ,...
your asking for logical resons everywhere but when it comes to this religion you say it's they way he feels.do you believe in a science called psychology GHK?:sad:

GiantHouseKey

it's a preference? He has written down the satanic bible and he is the most skilled one in that religion! it's related to the Satanic sex section! it's a pat of the religion.
As a member of this particular religion, I can certainly say it's not lol.

The key phrase that gave it away was 'My PERSONAL sexual practices'. It's not compulsory, he just likes it. If you actually READ the satanic bible, you'll realise that it's not all about 'Thou must do this or burn'. That is a quote from the Book of Lucifer, and if you put it into context, LaVey is trying to advocate sexual freedom. Satanism is a religion about freedom of desire and if you want to do something which may be considered 'taboo' or 'disgusting' in other religions is perfectly acceptable in Satanism. In the words of the great man himself, 'If you want to do something naughty, do it, and realise it's naughty and enjoy it'

ok so many parts of the Abrahimic religions are not scientific too like afterlife ,existence of soul ,...
What i'm trying to say is that the majority of Satanism revolves around a philosophy rather than answers to theological or religious questions like 'What happens after death?'. Yes, that is a part of it, but generally those questions are answered in an atheistic way.

your asking for logical resons everywhere but when it comes to this religion you say it's they way he feels.do you believe in a science called psychology GHK?:sad:
When I ask for a logical explanation, I will only be asking about objective revelations. What I mean is that if somebody wants to make a random fact, for example 'When you die you go to a real place that is filled with chocolate' i'll of course want to have a reason why you believe this to be the case.

Advocating kindness (Like Christianity, for instance) does not require a logical explanation because it's a philosophy

I am very aware of psychology. Do you understand what it studies, other-side?

GhK.

other-side

Soul separator
Satanism is a religion about freedom of desire and if you want to do something which may be considered 'taboo' or 'disgusting' in other religions is perfectly acceptable in Satanism

so in this religion there is nothing called limits? There is nothing called bad or good (for the person)? it depends on the person so if he likes something, he/she can do it ,even if everyone rejects it, right? Interesting:rolleyes:

'If you want to do something naughty, do it, and realise it's naughty and enjoy it'
you mean it's an unprincipled religion?:confused:
Yes, that is a part of it, but generally those questions are answered in an atheistic way.
so most of the followers of this religion are the atheists trying to have a religion and get united under the name of satanism?

When I ask for a logical explanation, I will only be asking about objective revelations.
Got it.so Satanism is based on sheer philosophy and no revelations,am I right?:meditate:

I am very aware of psychology. Do you understand what it studies, other-side?
I didn't mean any offenses here! don't know much about psychology that's why I wanted to know if masochistic is called a disorder in psychology :monkey: