• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Choose of Mediocrity?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I disagree. I think one person is enough. Then again to be GOD and just to imagine is simply incomprehensible. Multiple deities independent from each other could be an issue.

Well. If there are more than one gods and they are defined as creators and seen the same way, I guess. It could confuse many people. Though I feel if there is a creator, there would be more one. We have so much diversity that to expect everyone to relate to one person is like having all sons and daughters relate to my fathr because he created me.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
and among the gods.....I am a jealous God

thou shalt not have other gods before thee

maybe choosing is a task.....that works BOTH ways

YAW7911

and among the gods.....I am a jealous God

thou shalt not have other gods before thee

maybe choosing is a task.....that works BOTH ways
Then they wipe out Canaanite with remaining population assimulated into Jews, the slaughter lead by Moses. Not to mention how Christianity messed up Europe. Jews gets screwed over again with Jesus, another deed caused by God.
Also, all three Abrahamic religion still have text of God invading earth at the end of time, claiming all souls.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Then they wipe out Canaanite with remaining population assimulated into Jews, the slaughter lead by Moses. Not to mention how Christianity messed up Europe. Jews gets screwed over again with Jesus, another deed caused by God.
Also, all three Abrahamic religion still have text of God invading earth at the end of time, claiming all souls.
and only the best will be chosen

how else to maintain a kingdom?

you did not mention the Elite

YAW7911

and only the best will be chosen

how else to maintain a kingdom?

you did not mention the Elite
It's blind faith, not ability, that is rewarded.
As for elite, it's only right to leave lesser to their own devices, which they will only grew or perish. Even with immortality one cannot keep watch forever.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Nay
It's blind faith, not ability, that is rewarded.
As for elite, it's only right to leave lesser to their own devices, which they will only grew or perish. Even with immortality one cannot keep watch forever.
.Nay......at least I don't believe that
when it comes to choosing.....you look for head-nodding 'yes'-men?
or do you seek people that do as they should because they have some lean to understanding the motivation

there is a parable about casting seed and the way it takes root.......if it does take root

YAW7911

Nay

.Nay......at least I don't believe that
when it comes to choosing.....you look for head-nodding 'yes'-men?
or do you seek people that do as they should because they have some lean to understanding the motivation

there is a parable about casting seed and the way it takes root.......if it does take root
Even with understanding, there is no implication of taking that side.
If it does not take the root, it dies, simple as that. Meddling would eventually lead to problem.
Perhaps my biggest problem is that since I am mortal, I must lean towards mortality.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Even with understanding, there is no implication of taking that side.
If it does not take the root, it dies, simple as that. Meddling would eventually lead to problem.
Perhaps my biggest problem is that since I am mortal, I must lean towards mortality.
are you not assuming?.....ALL 7billion of us are dust and nothing more
no one survives the last breath?
not one chance in billions?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
are you not assuming?.....ALL 7billion of us are dust and nothing more
no one survives the last breath?
not one chance in billions?
Why do you think it is a matter of numbers?

How often do you expect snow to melt into something that is not water?

And out of curiosity, are you perchance a proponent of the idea that life can not have developed spontaneously but must instead have been decreed by a higher power?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Why do you think it is a matter of numbers?

How often do you expect snow to melt into something that is not water?

And out of curiosity, are you perchance a proponent of the idea that life can not have developed spontaneously but must instead have been decreed by a higher power?
more like.....
without that Higher Decree

Man is a mystery
no purpose

just a bunch of chemistry with nothing to look forward to.....
but a box in the ground

not much point in generating billions of copies of a learning device
only to have ALL of them fail

utterly

YAW7911

more like.....
without that Higher Decree

Man is a mystery
no purpose

just a bunch of chemistry with nothing to look forward to.....
but a box in the ground

not much point in generating billions of copies of a learning device
only to have ALL of them fail

utterly
That's the beauty of mortality, it tears down intrinsic purpose, but at the same time reflect the greater reality that is not associated with any characteristics.
I do believe in Spirit and existence of God, but the specific deities' legitimacy as the creator on the other hand... There are greater existence that make you doubt everything, so then what is having something lesser being revered?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
That's the beauty of mortality, it tears down intrinsic purpose, but at the same time reflect the greater reality that is not associated with any characteristics.
I do believe in Spirit and existence of God, but the specific deities' legitimacy as the creator on the other hand... There are greater existence that make you doubt everything, so then what is having something lesser being revered?
well if we do share belief in Something Greater......

Someone had to be first...in mind and heart
noted by the ability to say.....I AM!

of course, that same self awareness points to the extreme solitude of the situation

the flip side of creating another spirit.....
if it is your Reflection
you are talking to Yourself

so....incorporating spirit and substance leads to unique perspective

and here we are

as for spending the rest of eternity with billions of possibilities....
choosing will be necessary to keep the chaos from destroying the peace

billions of souls.....each with it's own agenda?
I think not
freedom is held with the ability to say......no

YAW7911

well if we do share belief in Something Greater......

Someone had to be first...in mind and heart
noted by the ability to say.....I AM!

of course, that same self awareness points to the extreme solitude of the situation

the flip side of creating another spirit.....
if it is your Reflection
you are talking to Yourself

so....incorporating spirit and substance leads to unique perspective

and here we are

as for spending the rest of eternity with billions of possibilities....
choosing will be necessary to keep the chaos from destroying the peace

billions of souls.....each with it's own agenda?
I think not
freedom is held with the ability to say......no
In other Religions, God is dead/ inactive/ don't care after creation, and depicted as being born from nothingness.
When you interact with a reflection, you can say you are no longer whole, and in some ways this is mortality.
Domination and restricting to one standard in itself, to me at least, is denial and a hidden layer of chaos, that is bound to explode. Also, by making you subject dependent, you make them lesser as a people.
In the end, is objection to many things not chaotic too?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
In other Religions, God is dead/ inactive/ don't care after creation, and depicted as being born from nothingness.
When you interact with a reflection, you can say you are no longer whole, and in some ways this is mortality.
Domination and restricting to one standard in itself, to me at least, is denial and a hidden layer of chaos, that is bound to explode. Also, by making you subject dependent, you make them lesser as a people.
In the end, is objection to many things not chaotic too?
and God's Favored had an objection....
choices were made

will mediocrity stand well between them?

YAW7911

and God's Favored had an objection....
choices were made

will mediocrity stand well between them?
Sadly, God is only the God of Jews to me. I have no intention of spending my afterlife in the realm of a god who failed to protect his worshiper, but also condemned them to eliminate their Canaanite kin. If God is truly up there (as in the actual creator with significance), then there will be another way.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Sadly, God is only the God of Jews to me. I have no intention of spending my afterlife in the realm of a god who failed to protect his worshiper, but also condemned them to eliminate their Canaanite kin. If God is truly up there (as in the actual creator with significance), then there will be another way.
by superlatives.....there is only ONE Almighty