• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Choose of Mediocrity?

A Vestigial Mote

a topic you won't hear elsewhere

there are billions of spirits on this earth

why choose of mediocrity?
when the very best is at hand to choose from
So, are you saying that I have my choice among the billions of spirits on Earth? And that I don't have to choose the mediocre ones? Nice. Where do I sign up?

If that's not what you're saying, then your first statement is correct... I wouldn't expect to hear this topic elsewhere... your brand of tripping over your own enigmatic gobbledygook is quite singular.

DavidFirth

True. I would assume thats were parents would get the most help is through their faith. I live alone and sometimes I call The Church when I need food. I called a baptist church I once visited and they said they only help people who go to their church. They didnt have the funding. Catholic Churches as a whole have funding but I was fortunate to be in one the biggest churches in virginia. They arent as particular in who they give food. Spiritual support they are. Universalist Church near me gives out food too. The Church also has parent help services and a lot of which is volunteer.

Also, you can try St. Vincent de Paul if you haven't already. They might help.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I believe your in denial of the problem that there are many people who sincerely and strongly believe their claim is true and yours is false.
for your stance to be correct.....

all is mediocrity
all ends in dust
nothing greater than yourself

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
for your stance to be correct.....

all is mediocrity
all ends in dust

The only thing that assertions of 'ALL' conclude is the assertions of 'ALL' are always false, because of human fallibility, and the weakness of such egocentric claims of humans.

We all remain fallible humans regardless of whether . . .

all is mediocrity
all ends in dust

actually the following applies to your problematic assertion and claim.

DavidFirth

Didnt know you knew about them :) Yeah. They help me out a lot. I probably ask no more than twice a month. I guess The Church allots a budget or its based on donations.

If people hadn't helped me when I needed it I would be living on the street right now.

suncowiam

What does mediocrity have to do with religion?

I don't understand the OP?

I suck at many many many things. I'm ok at some things. And I'm really really really good at a few things.

Is that ok?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
What does mediocrity have to do with religion?

I don't understand the OP?

I suck at many many many things. I'm ok at some things. And I'm really really really good at a few things.

Is that ok?
It refers loosely.....to judgment day

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Its hard for one person to take care of humanity. Multiple people lend a hand and humanity can follow whomever they connect. Polytheism gives choices. Monotheism does not.

Id say the best is having more than one spirit on the same level. One god is dicatorship. The former seem attractive because they can connect on different levels. The latter people fall behind because there is only one way to relate, and that method of relating may not be their learning style.

I disagree. I think one person is enough. Then again to be GOD and just to imagine is simply incomprehensible. Multiple deities independent from each other could be an issue.