• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why can't god reveal himself?

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
A better exercise for you would be to list every prophecy and then explain how they could NOT be applied to past times, instead of applying only today.

Pleroma

philalethist
God is always revealing himself but we are not prepared enough to see him. In other words he is preparing us.

Our physical brain has nothing to do with our free will,our free will is our soul which is responsible for the decision making.

our body is similar to a car and the soul is it's driver.

If you want to believe this and it makes you happy, go for it. However, until actual evidence that clearly shows the existance of souls appears I will consider souls as real as the easter bunny, the tooth fairy, and unicorns.

If we have some kind of creator, it has no need of sending visions, signs, prophets, or miracles to enforce its will on us. It would have encoded our DNA to manifest the desired behaviors/instincts and leave us to it. If there is a creator god that has some plan that involves us that plan has already been set into motion millions of years ago. This "god" does not need to contact us, nor does it require our conscious approval/cooperation with its plans. Tales of eternal blissful magical afterlifes are just fantasies. In my experience, if something sounds too good to be true, its most likely BS.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
A better exercise for you would be to list every prophecy and then explain how they could NOT be applied to past times, instead of applying only today.

Why it will be called a prophecy if it was happening on his times.
if i will ask you to tell me a prophecy that may happen before the end times.

it'll be funny if you'll told me there'll be pens in every house,tvs in every house..etc.

you can't tell a prophecy which is already happening.

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
Why it will be called a prophecy if it was happening on his times..
Um, that's been the whole point of what I'm saying.

They are vague announcements of things which could happen through any time; however, in order to feel as if they live in spiritually important times the faithful think it applies to them in their times.

Just like you do. :facepalm:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Um, that's been the whole point of what I'm saying.

They are vague announcements of things which could happen through any time; however, in order to feel as if they live in spiritually important times the faithful think it applies to them in their times.

Just like you do. :facepalm:

So tell us 50 prophecies which you think that it'll happen somewhere on the thousands of years to come,you may say,why i should care,so why do you think prophets will also care that you should know that they were telling the truth in one point to come in the future.

if prophets were lying,then why they have to care about people to believe on them for the long term such as today,what benifit they got while they're already dead,anyway,show us some prophecies,if you think it can happen anytime in the coming future,50 will be enough,as they already have many prophecies which have been revealed during and after their times.

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
So tell us 50 prophecies which you think that it'll happen somewhere on the thousands of years to come,you may say,why i should care,so why do you think prophets will also care that you should know that they were telling the truth in one point to come in the future.

if prophets were lying,then why they have to care about people to believe on them for the long term such as today,what benifit they got while they're already dead,anyway,show us some prophecies,if you think it can happen anytime in the coming future,50 will be enough,as they already have many prophecies which have been revealed during and after their times.
the benefit they gain was that in the immediate present for them, they were revered as prophets and holy people, and treated as such; how is that not self evident? For them in terms of us, aren't you still aware of their names and venerating them today?

They were lying or deluded. Or they believed their visions, brought on by mental problems or drugs, were important.

I'm sorry though, but I'm not going to participate in making false prophecies; why would I imitate what I'm claiming is false?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
the benefit they gain was that in the immediate present for them, they were revered as prophets and holy people, and treated as such; how is that not self evident? For them in terms of us, aren't you still aware of their names and venerating them today?

They were lying or deluded. Or they believed their visions, brought on by mental problems or drugs, were important.

I'm sorry though, but I'm not going to participate in making false prophecies; why would I imitate what I'm claiming is false?

jesus_facepalm.jpg

Thief

Rogue Theologian
If you want to believe this and it makes you happy, go for it. However, until actual evidence that clearly shows the existance of souls appears I will consider souls as real as the easter bunny, the tooth fairy, and unicorns.

If we have some kind of creator, it has no need of sending visions, signs, prophets, or miracles to enforce its will on us. It would have encoded our DNA to manifest the desired behaviors/instincts and leave us to it. If there is a creator god that has some plan that involves us that plan has already been set into motion millions of years ago. This "god" does not need to contact us, nor does it require our conscious approval/cooperation with its plans. Tales of eternal blissful magical afterlifes are just fantasies. In my experience, if something sounds too good to be true, its most likely BS.

So the Creator would have no interest in His creation?

And your say so makes is all 'bs'?

Thief

Rogue Theologian

I've never heard of a prophet...well treated.

And you might say all prophecies are true.
Man is on a down hill run.
Man is a creature that soils the nest.
Any prophecy of doom works.
Man is hell bent on going to hell.
Make it hell on earth first.
The transition is then easier.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
read more?

To read how much the prophets sacrificed.

So you don't believe that there is one creator as the prophets were starving to pass the message.

May i ask you one questions?

Are we made by a scientific plan ?

our input devices :

eye : does it work according to scientific plan ?
ear : does it work according to scientific plan ?
nose : does it work according to scientific plan ?
skin : does it work according to scientific plan ?
tongue : does it work according to scientific plan ?

Sex organ : does it work according to scientific plan ?
Digestive system : does it work according to scientific plan ?
Urinary system : does it work according to scientific plan ?
CNS : does it work according to scientific plan ?
Skeletal system : does it work according to scientific plan ?.........etc

if your answer is : No our body isn't working according to scientific plan,then i'll not blame you for not believing that there is a planner and designer for such machine (human)

Pleroma

philalethist
To read how much the prophets sacrificed.

So you don't believe that there is one creator as the prophets were starving to pass the message.

May i ask you one questions?

Are we made by a scientific plan ?

our input devices :

eye : does it work according to scientific plan ?
ear : does it work according to scientific plan ?
nose : does it work according to scientific plan ?
skin : does it work according to scientific plan ?
tongue : does it work according to scientific plan ?

Sex organ : does it work according to scientific plan ?
Digestive system : does it work according to scientific plan ?
Urinary system : does it work according to scientific plan ?
CNS : does it work according to scientific plan ?
Skeletal system : does it work according to scientific plan ?.........etc

if your answer is : No our body isn't working according to scientific plan,then i'll not blame you for not believing that there is a planner and designer for such machine (human)

Intelligent Design is not scientific, you need to back up your claims with evidence if you say that your beliefs are scientific. Those are your opinions not science.

Pleroma

philalethist
Much like esoteric religions. ;)

:yes: Yes, true. Esoteric Religions are the alternative traditions based on a different philosophical epistemology other than science to understand the nature of reality and it has nothing to with science and they are independent of science and it would be wrong to say that both science and esoteric religions are on equal footing.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
If it is just your belief then it is okay. One needs to make a distinction of one's individual beliefs from absolute facts which applies to all.

i don't view it according to what is my belief,but according to my knowledge,
our bodies are working by a complicated scientific method.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Why can't God reveal himself?
:eek: Is that legal?
It is surely absurd to seek God in terms of a preconceived idea of what God is. To seek thus is only to find what we know already, which is why it is so easy to deceive oneself into all manner of "supernatural" experiences and visions. To believe in God and to look for the God you believe in is simply to seek confirmation of an opinion. To ask for a revelation of God's will, and then to "test" it by referenced to your preconceived moral standards is to make a mockery of asking. You knew the answer already. Seeking for "God" in this way is no more than asking for the stamp of absolute authority and certainty on what you believe in any case, for a guarantee that the unknown and the future will be a continuation of what you want to retain from the past--a bigger and better fortress for "I."
Alan Watts, "The Wisdom of Insecurity"

Edit: Typos are mine.

Last edited: