• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why can't god reveal himself?

chinu

chinu
If he did, no one would be skeptical anymore, right?
Says god: If i would have reveal myself infront of everybody, than you all will come to me with your different wordly problems (This and that), But.. the one and only solution to all these wordly problems is to get "One with Me"/ Salvation, Nothing else.

If i would have to give salvation to the whole creation, than what's the use of creating all this ? tell me ? :)

Thus.. to let the world be in running condition, i do not reveal myself infront of anybody. But.. Wholeheartedly when someone will get fed-up from this world, and will cry and ask for my help for salvation/libration, only than i'll reveal myself infront of that person.

Mean to say: I reveal myself only for this true purpose, Otherwise am happy that people may not distrub "Me" for any other purpose, And that because i want to keep this world in a running condition.

At last says God: That people may think that there is no God at all, Or be in skeptical condition.. I don't care. BTW.. Am/god is happy with this skeptical decision made by the people, And very well i know those people who are truely worried for permanent libration, and i'll only help them. :)

Last edited:

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Right, and that would defeat the purpose of our test. To believe in him without seeing him, because if we all saw him there would be no test and all human beings will have no choice but to believe. What is the purpose of the test on the first place? This is what God want. To give us free choice. If we saw him then there won't be free choice to believe or not to because there won't be any argument anymore.

P.S. When it comes to whether he can or can't then the answer would surely be that he can, no question about that.

Last edited:

Koldo

Outstanding Member

I said this on another topic days ago but this also pertains this topic:

You are going to read several answers, but they are always just as good as you believe them to be.

Chisti

Right, and that would defeat the purpose of our test. To believe in him without seeing him, because if we all saw him there would be no test and all human beings will have no choice but to believe. What is the purpose of the test on the first place? This is what God want. To give us free choice. If we saw him then there won't be free choice to believe or not to because there won't be any argument anymore.

P.S. When it comes to whether he can or can't then the answer would surely be that he can, no question about that.

Why does he want to test us?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Why does he want to test us?

i don't think god wanted us to have faith without seeing him,but he don't need to do so,we don't expect that god will come down to earth saying i swear i did it.

He sent messengers with strong miracles to show us that he do exist,also his messengers didn't care about their lives and suffer a lot to guide people to truth.

What had surprized me recently the news from russia about a child where doctors found clear verses which was confirmed to be god words with no scientific explanation.

[youtube]CSyxwkZ7Uc8[/youtube]
Miracles of Islam, Verses of Holy Quran Appeared on Skin of a 9 months old baby AMAZING! - YouTube

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I'd like to give my take on the question 'Why doesn't God reveal himself'

He does reveal himself thru creation....but we say that's just creation

He reveals himself thru nature......but we say that's just nature

He reveals himself thru life....but we say that's just biology

He reveals himself in the form of a great human being (Jesus, Krishna, etc.).......but we say that's just another human

He reveals himself in the quietude of hearts/souls......but we only notice the external chatter

Last edited:
Right, and that would defeat the purpose of our test. To believe in him without seeing him, because if we all saw him there would be no test and all human beings will have no choice but to believe.

Can you explain to me how having faith in something without proof is a virtue? Wouldn't this test just show who was willing to believe wild claims without evidence? I fail to see the purpose behind this "test".

apophenia

Says god: If i would have reveal myself infront of everybody, than you all will come to me with your different wordly problems (This and that), But.. the one and only solution to all these wordly problems is to get "One with Me"/ Salvation, Nothing else.

If i would have to give salvation to the whole creation, than what's the use of creating all this ? tell me ? :)

Thus.. to let the world be in running condition, i do not reveal myself infront of anybody. But.. Wholeheartedly when someone will get fed-up from this world, and will cry and ask for my help for salvation/libration, only than i'll reveal myself infront of that person.

Mean to say: I reveal myself only for this true purpose, Otherwise am happy that people may not distrub "Me" for any other purpose, And that because i want to keep this world in a running condition.

At last says God: That people may think that there is no God at all, Or be in skeptical condition.. I don't care. BTW.. Am/god is happy with this skeptical decision made by the people, And very well i know those people who are truely worried for permanent libration, and i'll only help them. :)

Strange loopy logic here.

If the truth is "One with Me", then all those 'ignorant people' are god being ignorant.

So you are saying that God is the billions of ignorant people, and that god manifests as billions of ignorant people to 'keep the world running'. Why would god choose to keep an ignorant form of suffering (his own !) running ?

You are also saying that you are god, but not ignorant. How does that work ? If you can see that everyone is god, and nearly everyone is ignorant and crazy, then surely you are ignorant and crazy too. You would have to be, because you say the truth is one.

If i would have to give salvation to the whole creation, than what's the use of creating all this ? tell me ?
Huh ? If the whole creation is god, and god is also the billions of ignorant suffering people ( which he must be, if the truth is 'Oneness'), then what the hell is god up to ? Self hatred ? Madness ?

Why would god deliberately make himself ignorant and even insane ? If god is eternal, and most of him is ignorant and crazy, then it is god's nature to be ignorant and crazy. That is the unavoidable outcome of your 'logic'. So is this all god's mistake ? Or is god inherently unstable and prone to ignorance ? By your logic that must be the case.

If you think about this carefully you will realise that there is no such thing as salvation, because if you are god, and god is all these ignorant suffering people, and it has already been that way for an eternity (since god is eternal, right ?), then the fact is that god is ignorant and insane . Eternally.

So if you are one and the same as god, which makes you one and the same as all the crazy people (who are also god), then what makes you believe there is salvation ? Or that you aren't ignorant or insane ? You must be, if you are one with an insane god.

Perhaps you are god, having a temporary understanding, but clearly it is god's nature to be insane, so what makes you think you are saved ? Or will remain saved ? By your own reasoning, you (god) are mentally unstable.

Kali Ma !

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
If a one hundred foot tall Jesus strode down the street curing the sick, bringing the dead back to life and making it rain loaves and fishes I would be sceptical.... first I would assume I had gone insane, second I would consider that someone with really advanced technology was playing a trick on me and finally I would conclude I was probably insane.

If god revealed itself it would need to prove it was god - by doing things that only a god was capable of doing such as breaking the laws of nature to such an extent that we could be certain the true laws of nature had been broken such as something which is not logically possible.

Were it able to do such a thing we would have to question whether or not our understanding of the laws of nature were potentially flawed or if our perception of the situation were potentially flawed. Both of which are always potentially the case.

apophenia

I was thinking more of Azathoth when I read your post.

Yeah, I can see that. I followed your link, the graphic looks like the Flying Spaghetti Monster ! I wonder if that's where the idea came from ?

BTW ... are you aware of whether there is an 'ism' which corresponds to the dark illumination I was expressing in my post ? An 'ism' which suggests that creation is god's dissociative psychosis ?

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
Yeah, I can see that. I followed your link, the graphic looks like the Flying Spaghetti Monster ! I wonder if that's where the idea came from ?

Haha, I wouldn't doubt it!

BTW ... are you aware of whether there is an 'ism' which corresponds to the dark illumination I was expressing in my post ? An 'ism' which suggests that creation is god's dissociative psychosis ?

I'm not sure if there is an -ism for it so we should make one up.

apophenia

I'm not sure if there is an -ism for it so we should make one up.

Funnily enough I have tried. Nothing really punchy enough yet. I came up with a word for god's delusion though - karmaflage.

And I wrote a piece of music called 'Gods Best Trick' in reference to delusion and ignorance (words which equal 'creation' in an ongoing sense in this 'new but ancient' ism).

So we have a few words and phrases so far. If you like them. And I didn't use an ism-generator I found on the web. :rolleyes:

This is all my own work ! (That would make a cool mantra .... hmmmm)

apophenia

I'm thinking about a term which implies eternal self-avoidance as the primary motive of creation. There is a similar but user-friendlier kind of view expressed by bhaktas - the idea of eternal pastimes and the concept of krsnamaya. But that always comes with the baggage of perfection and eternal bliss, and implies that god wanted things that way, so it's soft-core.

No-one, not even most Fourth way philosophers, consider that the whole cosmic shebang may have intrinsic pathology. Although Gurdjieff did refer to 'the horror of the situation'. But the squeamish will backslide and say that just refers to man in an ignorant condition.

Maybe we should make a thread for our own amusement. Although we are on topic IMO.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
I'm thinking about a term which implies eternal self-avoidance as the primary motive of creation. There is a similar but user-friendlier kind of view expressed by bhaktas - the idea of eternal pastimes and the concept of krsnamaya. But that always comes with the baggage of perfection and eternal bliss, and implies that god wanted things that way, so it's soft-core.

No-one, not even most Fourth way philosophers, consider that the whole cosmic shebang may have intrinsic pathology. Although Gurdjieff did refer to 'the horror of the situation'. But the squeamish will backslide and say that just refers to man in an ignorant condition.

Maybe we should make a thread for our own amusement. Although we are on topic IMO.

Yeah, I think the idea is that god isn't revealing himself because he's in a state of psychotic denial is pretty well on topic. Haha!

Anyway, after reading about various dissociative disorders on wikipedia it seemed like Fugue state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia was the closest to what you are talking about. Although it does stipulate that its a temporary condition brought on by the reintroduction of a person or event that needs to be blocked out, as it were. Of course, with no peers to even recognize the problem it might be pretty easy for god to just stay there.

Then again, if this state is brought on by the simple fact that there are no peers and god is just lonely and cracked might be something else entirely.

apophenia

Yeah, I think the idea is that god isn't revealing himself because he's in a state of psychotic denial is pretty well on topic. Haha!

Anyway, after reading about various dissociative disorders on wikipedia it seemed like Fugue state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia was the closest to what you are talking about. Although it does stipulate that its a temporary condition brought on by the reintroduction of a person or event that needs to be blocked out, as it were. Of course, with no peers to even recognize the problem it might be pretty easy for god to just stay there.

Then again, if this state is brought on by the simple fact that there are no peers and god is just lonely and cracked might be something else entirely.

(Post 1000 !)

Mmm. Now that I look at it, you are definitely on the right track.

From the Wikipedia article -
The etiology of the fugue state is related to dissociative amnesia, .. which has several other subtypes: Selective Amnesia, Generalised Amnesia, Continuous Amnesia, Systematised Amnesia, in addition to the subtype Dissociative Fugue.

The DSM-IV defines as:

• sudden, unexpected travel away from home or one's customary place of work, with inability to recall one's past,
  • confusion about personal identity, or the assumption of a new identity, or
  • significant distress or impairment.
The Merck Manual defines Dissociative Fugue as:
One or more episodes of amnesia in which the inability to recall some or all of one's past and either the loss of one's identity or the formation of a new identity occur with sudden, unexpected, purposeful travel away from home.In support of this definition, the Merck Manual further defines dissociative amnesia as:
An inability to recall important personal information, usually of a traumatic or stressful nature, that is too extensive to be explained by normal forgetfulness.

Also there is DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder) which results in multiple personalities. That would be us, all of us.

That seems to be what God is experiencing. I remember one time when I forgot that I wasn't God. It was very disorienting. But too painful to fully recall.

Mostly I remember that I am the Chosen Fugue. I've tried transcendental medication but it only made it worse.

Last edited: