• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why BLM exists

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I'm not buying your point. Aren't there plenty of examples of good and bad behavior in all races?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Just as a note, I'm thrilled that the next generation is involved

An 8-year-old boy organized a Black Lives Matter march for kids. Hundreds showed up.

"We are the children, the mighty mighty children. Here to tell you, Black lives matter!" hundreds of children chanted as they marched ...
"I'm worried about Black people, like me, getting hurt. Some skin is like chocolate. Some is like vanilla. Some is mixed together like mine. But we're all people,"

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I thought it was about violence against them.
Not the reasons you cited.
Ref....
https://blacklivesmatter.com/our-co-founders/

We should all be against the oppression of anyone. Oppression of someone because of their skin color is illegal.
Proving the oppression of someone's rights is difficult. Unfortunately, because of that, I think the case for racism has been moved to the court of public opinion where a claim of oppression is often sufficient proof.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If it was only just that.

No. They exist to promote the installment of neo Marxism in American society using the sensitive subject of racism as a shield.

I would much rather support the NAACP then Black Lives Matter.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We should all be against the oppression of anyone. Oppression of someone because of their skin color is illegal.
Proving the oppression of someone's rights is difficult. Unfortunately, because of that, I think the case for racism has been moved to the court of public opinion where a claim of oppression is often sufficient proof.
My only disagreement with the OP is that the founders
have reasons different from those he offers.

Tambourine

My only disagreement with the OP is that the founders
have reasons different from those he offers.
They are part of the Globalist Marxist-Islamist Agenda to tear down Western Values and The American Way, alongside the Illuminati, CNN, the EU, China, and the Alien Lizardmen who control the British royal house. ;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They are part of the Globalist Marxist-Islamist Agenda to tear down Western Values and The American Way, alongside the Illuminati, CNN, the EU, China, and the Alien Lizardmen who control the British royal house. ;)
That's nice.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
No. They exist to promote the installment of neo Marxism in American society using the sensitive subject of racism as a shield.

What a terrible lie you've just posted. Here's the reality from the actual BLM website: https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-w...dRS_rcYyXYPq5pPCB6peJo6i9VglolKc4Q0NrDUKzdVGe

Also, maybe read this:
The phrase "Black Lives Matter" can refer to a Twitter hashtag, a slogan, a social movement, or a loose confederation of groups advocating for racial justice. As a movement, Black Lives Matter is decentralized, and leaders have emphasized the importance of local organizing over national leadership.[13] Activist DeRay McKesson has commented that the movement "encompasses all who publicly declare that black lives matter and devote their time and energy accordingly." -- Black Lives Matter - Wikipedia

Also, the Eightfold Path in Buddhism teaches this: Right Speech: no lying, no rude speech, no telling one person what another says about him to cause discord or harm their relationship.[27] -- Noble Eightfold Path - Wikipedia

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The phrase "Black Lives Matter" can refer to a Twitter hashtag, a slogan, a social movement, or a loose confederation of groups advocating for racial justice. As a movement, Black Lives Matter is decentralized, and leaders have emphasized the importance of local organizing over national leadership.[13] Activist DeRay McKesson has commented that the movement "encompasses all who publicly declare that black lives matter and devote their time and energy accordingly." -- Black Lives Matter - Wikipedia

Bingo. It's not quite as true in the era of Trump and never-Trumpers, but these quotes by WIll Rogers are still very accurate:

“I’m not a member of any organized political party…. I’m a Democrat.”

“Democrats never agree on anything, that’s why they’re Democrats. If they agreed with each other, they’d be Republicans.”

In this thread, that could be reworded:

I don't care what some self-appointed leaders post on a web site, I support the effort for justice which BLM symbolizes for me.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's what the alien lizardmen said.
You should hear what Canuckistanians are saying....
Login • Instagram
87533256_200896387790212_5468662518035513344_n.jpg

justinbieber
Verified

No lives matter until black lives matter