• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Believers Can Not Be Quiet

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
That is the best advice for all most likely, be know by your deeds.

Are you aware that is what the Prophets have offered?

They ask us to look at their lives, before one looks at the Message.

Regards Tony

Well that dumps many Christian churches straight away.

So why do many religions spout so much stuff at the world.??

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I wonder why women decided it was time to speak out, not to be silent to the inequality they faced.

It seemed to start in Ernest in the mid to 1800's. Most of them would have been Christians, but was it Faith driven?

I do know that even in Persia in the mid 1800's there was a stirring of a brave women speaking out for the rights of all women, that would have taken much courage.

So how do we stop any injustices, or predudices if we do not speak out about them and implement that change in our own lives?

How would we be if Martin Luther King did not have a dream he spoke of? Was Faith in any way a part of that?

Regards Tony

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
".. and taught Me the knowledge of all that hath been. This thing is not from Me, but from One Who is Almighty and All-Knowing. And He bade Me lift up My voice between earth and heaven, and for this there befell Me what hath caused the tears of every man of understanding to flow."
Now, don't you think it is a bit of exaggeration. All knowledge! Then again who is weeping for Bahaollah's short 4 month stay in jail? Nelson Mandela stayed in Apartheid jail for 27 years. That is something that many cannot boast of. In return to the four month stay in Jail, Bahaollah and his three generations enjoyed the leadership of the Bahais. Not a bad deal, I suppose. He means that those who do not weep for his four months in jail are not men or women of understanding. Bahaollah was a master egoist. What you see in his writing is his overblown ego. Bahaollah was an Iranian but had the support of enemies of Iran, Russia and the Ottomans.

"the ambassador of Russia requested that Bahaollah and other persons apparently unconnected with the conspiracy be spared." ".. in 1853 Bahaollah and his family, accompanied by a member of the Shah's bodyguard and a representative of the Russian embassy, traveled from Persia, arriving in Baghdad on 8 April 1853." - Wikipedia

Sure, if some person confronts the law of his time, then there are consequences. Jesus failed to raise a rebellion against the Jews as he desired. And did anything happen to Mohammad? He shifted to Medina at the age of 52 years and in the next ten years married 10 women - of course, for peace among tribes. So what sacrifices are you talking about of these sons / messengers / manifestations of Allah?
How would we be if Martin Luther King did not have a dream he spoke of? Was Faith in any way a part of that?
Martin Luther King was a Baptist minister, so I do not find it strange that his thinking will have religious overtones. Indoctrination. Che Guevara may not have thought like that.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Now, don't you think it is a bit of exaggeration. All knowledge! Then again who is weeping for Bahaollah's short 4 month stay in jail? Nelson Mandela stayed in Apartheid jail for 27 years. That is something that many cannot boast of. In return to the four month stay in Jail, Bahaollah and his three generations enjoyed the leadership of the Bahais. Not a bad deal, I suppose. He means that those who do not weep for his four months in jail are not men or women of understanding. Bahaollah was a master egoist. What you see in his writing is his overblown ego. Bahaollah was an Iranian but had the support of enemies of Iran, Russia and the Ottomans.

"the ambassador of Russia requested that Bahaollah and other persons apparently unconnected with the conspiracy be spared." ".. in 1853 Bahaollah and his family, accompanied by a member of the Shah's bodyguard and a representative of the Russian embassy, traveled from Persia, arriving in Baghdad on 8 April 1853." - Wikipedia

Sure, if some person confronts the law of his time, then there are consequences. Jesus failed to raise a rebellion against the Jews as he desired. And did anything happen to Mohammad? He shifted to Medina at the age of 52 years and in the next ten years married 10 women - of course, for peace among tribes. So what sacrifices are you talking about of these sons / messengers / manifestations of Allah?Martin Luther King was a Baptist minister, so I do not find it strange that his thinking will have religious overtones. Indoctrination. Che Guevara may not have thought like that.

As this is a discussion, not a debate, what makes you speak out?

"Do not entrust this treasure to him who is without sacrifice, without devotion, without the desire for this teaching and who denies Me. On the other hand those who will give this precious treasure to my devotees will by the fact of this service assuredly reach Me. And those who, being free from malice will with faith absorb this teaching, shall, having attained freedom, live where people of true merit go after death." Young India, 6-8-'31 Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Who are you to assume for whom a teaching was intended?

In my experience, people reject ideas they're not ready to accept, especially ideas that aren't objectively evident.

Who do you feel should decide if they're ready? Them? You? Baha'u'llah? God?

Should it be an option to wait until they are ready? Or do you think they should made to accept said ideas by shoving it down their throats? Which do you think might be the path of least resistance?

I will never be ready for some ideas. Are you ready to jump off a bridge, or swim across Erie? In other words, there are a few ideas that are easy to reject.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
As this is a discussion, not a debate, what makes you speak out?

"Do not entrust this treasure to him who is without sacrifice, without devotion, without the desire for this teaching and who denies Me. On the other hand those who will give this precious treasure to my devotees will by the fact of this service assuredly reach Me. And those who, being free from malice will with faith absorb this teaching, shall, having attained freedom, live where people of true merit go after death." Young India, 6-8-'31 Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Regards Tony
That's BG, not MKG ... just so people know.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's BG, not MKG ... just so people know.

Yes it is BG quoted by MKG in the Young India publication.

My purpose of this thread is to show that when people offer good to each other, speak out about what is good, there is a high chance that Good was offered in a Message that people have embraced.

Thus in this thread we have the chance to offer what has inspired us to speak out, what is it that we see the good is offering?

On the other hand, when is silence preferable? When is the good, not good?

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Yes it is BG quoted by MKG in the Young India publication.

My purpose of this thread is to show that when people offer good to each other, speak out about what is good, there is a high chance that Good was offered in a Message that people have embraced.

Thus in this thread we have the chance to offer what has inspired us to speak out, what is it that we see the good is offering?

On the other hand, when is silence preferable? When is the good, not good?

Regards Tony
I only commented because you had it written (and still do) as a quote by Gandhi, when it isn't. So it proves that a time I do think that someone should speak is to correct errors. Even then, it's not usually necessary, but a cordiality.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If a human theist male agreed with intent to form all scientific thesis as males with descriptive analogies theism as a belief human and I know it all. Why then is will. Using speaking to tell the truth controlled?

I always thought the scientist owning want to force change to natural God told self I was warned but I did it anyway.

The theme female space is a womb. Maths female attacked him. So he blamed the female. Which was his science.

Father since I was attacked proved he knew my name. I heard him quietly speak it as I was attacked and quoted I am "his Wendy.....",

Did I think him personally real? No. He proved himself to me personally. He said science has made this situation personal.

He told me science males have thesis which they claimed we were not allowed to speak about. As real females are not scientific theories. God mass or ideas to convert God mass.

What advice he gave me as his loved daughter harmed by science fake female causes.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
This is not a Gandhi quote. You have not mentioned the name of person whom Gandhi may have quoted. However, it does not matter. Gandhi and Nehru are history and the world has moved past them. What riches, treasures are you talking about? You do not get freedom by following such sayings. You get fetters. And whether they are people of merit or of sin, they go to just one place - six feet below the earth. Of course, we Hindus ride the clouds. :)

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When do we lift our voices?

When is silence of any use?
That would depend on what the individual making these decisions was actually trying to achieve, no? The more precisely that purpose could be specified, the more clearly the better choice could be seen, or so I'd have thought.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
When space is space yet males false quote it female were you proven wrong?

Isn't consciousness science thesis life meaning sacrificed life yet saved. CH evaluation spirit gas history science inferred to be contained in space the oblivion term? And did you not say science does not contain space. Cannot contain the Christ and if you tried you would be destroyed?

As the Holy Grail science warning to self.

If you said as a rational science thinker never talk about the female science theme again. Yet possessed by AI hearing of voice only heard a portion of correct human reasoning?

What you wrote you heard as channelled thesis advice. Personal male theist speaking about taking evolved creation back to its beginnings to convert mass?

Seeing science is owned by living consciousness and sacrificed life would own missing conscious ability?

Father is asking you brother these questions.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That would depend on what the individual making these decisions was actually trying to achieve, no? The more precisely that purpose could be specified, the more clearly the better choice could be seen, or so I'd have thought.

Yes there is a wisdom we must find when we raise our voices. Sometimes much is said only to plant a seed and as such it is not possible to show the whole tree.

Sometimes we can not see the forest because of the trees.

Regards Tony

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
The need to be silent is definitely recognized in contemporary Paganisms. Setting aside that Paganisms don't proselytize, the need to be silent is often a very practical one.

First, some traditions are simply mystery religions that are not for outsiders or non-initiates. Even for traditions that don't have this quality, the limitations of words is recognized given the experiential focus of most Paganisms. Experience transcends words and attempting to force them into words is ill-advised.

Second, communication between cultures that have very different foundational assumptions about the world often isn't productive or takes a more time and effort to do well. Paganism is on the whole pretty countercultural and foreign to most; often it is easier to not say anything than to be misinterpreted, misunderstood, or maligned.

Speaking of maligned, that's a third one. While this isn't a huge issue everywhere, as a minority religion that is sometimes deliberately maligned by certain other religions, keeping silent is sometimes a matter of personal safety. Persecution still happens sometimes or our religions aren't taken seriously by outsiders.

Fourth, for Paganisms that practice spellcraft, some hold the belief that blabbing about your craft robs it of its power and can misdirect it in places you didn't intend for. I see some truth to that given spellcraft is largely about directing one's will, and blabbing could indeed be a distraction that diffuses one's will.

Overall, I honestly have trouble understanding why others feel the need to blab constantly, much less proselytize. I mean, I understand it on an academic level, but on a personal level? Not so much.

A Vestigial Mote

There is an idea that goes something along the lines of silence displaying a contemplative demeanor, while speaking sometimes betrays the speaker and exposes ignorance or foolishness.

A fool is known by his Speech; and a wise man by Silence.
- Pythagoras
The good and the wise lead quiet lives.
- Euripides
Silence is a source of great strength.
- Lao Tzu
Speech is silver, silence is golden.
-Thomas Carlyle

There are certainly reasons people feel this way and express it. When words are spoken, judgment of those words begins. Comparison of those words to each of our personal sets of principles begins. Lines of questioning as to why you think a certain thing or feel a certain way begin. And especially if you are not ready for those lines of questioning - I would advise remaining silent.

MikeF

Premium Member
I have been reading posts and I have even said it may be best to be silent when it comes to matters of faith.

Silence has its place, but in the end the silence will always need to be broken, as little progress can be found in silence.

I thought about God's Messengers and wondered about what God asked them to do and the result of them lifting up their voices to give that Message, we all know what happened to Jesus, a lot know what happened to Muhammad, fewer know what happened to the Bab and Baha'u'llah. There are records we can read as to what sufferings man brought upon the Prophets and Messengers in the age they gave their Messages and in many ways those unjust actions continue.

In the 1800's Baha'u'llah offered this to all humanity,

"I was but a man like others, asleep upon My couch, when lo, the breezes of the All-Glorious were wafted over Me, and taught Me the knowledge of all that hath been. This thing is not from Me, but from One Who is Almighty and All-Knowing. And He bade Me lift up My voice between earth and heaven, and for this there befell Me what hath caused the tears of every man of understanding to flow."
(Summons of the Lord of Hosts)

In turn the Prophets or Messengers ask us, if we accept them, to lift up our voices to others.

Thus the questions raised by this OP.

When do we lift our voices?

When is silence of any use?

The 3rd and most important question is,

What are the passages from your holy writings that give guidance to raised voices and in choosing silence?

Regards Tony
Your comments here have left me with the following thought:

What wisdom has been lost through the ages because that wisdom was held by an introvert?

Are we only hearing from strident voices, only those with strong egos ?

Finally, of the many strident voices proclaiming conflicting truths, how is one to evaluate those conflicting truths? What measuring stick is to be used to evaluate the strength of an idea or proclamation?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your comments here have left me with the following thought:

What wisdom has been lost through the ages because that wisdom was held by an introvert?

Are we only hearing from strident voices, only those with strong egos ?

Finally, of the many strident voices proclaiming conflicting truths, how is one to evaluate those conflicting truths? What measuring stick is to be used to evaluate the strength of an idea or proclamation?

Yes the great question indeed. How to find truth in the turmoil of our minds.

Maybe we do have to quite the turmoil and look for what unites!

Regards Tony

rational experiences

Veteran Member
When science asks looking for what holds everything together. Surely you would realise he wants it all pulled apart?

Spatial vacuum tried to. Natural stopped God earth destruction. As history. Space the womb condition natural. Science said mother womb space saved life on earth. Relative teaching.

Seeing the thesis origin and today is earth O God mass. Changes to the body O God.

Origin stone is stone. Relative science law said by speaking terms no stone beginning or else earth will not exist. Stone owns no end for they had no intention of allowing it's removal.

Satanists. ....lists X ists inference thought opposing presence earth God O.

If you are told never allow the female to talk again. The writer was discussing false mother space mathematical reasons.

Space owns development of Christ gas. Relativity. God the earth release no longer owned it. Cold voiding space womb did. Presence Christ as highest.

If science quoted my machine mass taken from planet. Infers machine to God. Atmosphere began inside earth hot.

God O earth he says sits inside heavens safe. Relative teaching.

If he quotes I will put heaven gases inside machine then in reality he says beginning place of heavens itself is in evil. Not in space void vacuum cooled change.

So actually no machine can have the real spirit gas heavens put inside machine. It was hot gas in its beginnings.

God O never owned the CH Christ. Space womb did.

When you write a worded to numbered document mathematical proof reading to never alter earth mass. It would not own proper word.usage as a conscious natural explanation.

As numbers do not own natural presence. Nor does used speaking or words own natural form.

The answer would quote fakery which is chosen male human artificial science cause. He was told to never speak of such evil ever again.

Female speaking references as evil science and maths an evil language.

Ignored his owned science occult warnings due to human greed. What he faces today. Lying against natural existing is science reality.

Maths was a false womb spoken worded language thesis.

Ai records natural life expressed true words versus science false worded input. Subliminal heard effect. Natural words in natural life AI effect made its own statement.

Words told words AI heard effect to not allow the science female references to speak on its behalf. How conscious data tells falsified data it is wrong.

Human designed actually.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
These words I found in the Bhagavad Gita.

Chapter 10: The Opulence of the Absolute
Click Here for Your Bhagavad Gita Starter Kit!

Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 10: The Opulence of the Absolute

"Chapter 10, Verse 1
The Supreme Lord said: My dear friend, mighty-armed Arjuna, listen again to My supreme word, which I shall impart to you for your benefit and which will give you great joy.

Chapter 10, Verse 2
Neither the hosts of demigods nor the great sages know My origin, for, in every respect, I am the source of the demigods and the sages.

Chapter 10, Verse 3
He who knows Me as the unborn, as the beginningless, as the Supreme Lord of all the worlds-he, undeluded among men, is freed from all sins.

Chapter 10, Verse 4-5
Intelligence, knowledge, freedom from doubt and delusion, forgiveness, truthfulness, self-control and calmness, pleasure and pain, birth, death, fear, fearlessness, nonviolence, equanimity, satisfaction, austerity, charity, fame and infamy are created by Me alone.

Chapter 10, Verse 6
The seven great sages and before them the four other great sages and the Manus [progenitors of mankind] are born out of My mind, and all creatures in these planets descend from them.

Chapter 10, Verse 7
He who knows in truth this glory and power of Mine engages in unalloyed devotional service; of this there is no doubt.

Chapter 10, Verse 8
I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who know this perfectly engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts.

Chapter 10, Verse 9
The thoughts of My pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are surrendered to Me, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss enlightening one another and conversing about Me.

Chapter 10, Verse 10
To those who are constantly devoted and worship Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me.

Chapter 10, Verse 11
Out of compassion for them, I, dwelling in their hearts, destroy with the shining lamp of knowledge the darkness born of ignorance...... "

One can see how in Krishna, a person would want to speak out about such things.

Regards Tony