• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Baha'is believe Baha'u'llah was in the Bayan

arthra

Baha'i
. I did find the following:

The Báb announced that the greater manifestation would take place after Him and called the promised one: "Him whom God would manifest," saying that nine years later the reality of His own mission would become apparent. In His writings He stated that in the ninth year this expected one would be known; in the ninth year they would attain to all glory and felicity; in the ninth year they would advance rapidly.

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Baha'i World Faith -p. 221

And this from a partial translation of The Bayan:

A ninth of a ninth of a tenth of a tenth of a moment in the Day of Resurrection is better than years spent between resurrections, for the fruit of more years shall be manifested upon the Day of Resurrection. In this way, the fruit of the one thousand two hundred and seventy years of Islam will appear from the beginning of this revelation until its end, which is the beginning of the setting of the Sun of Reality. The fruits of the period from the beginning of this revelation until the revelation of him whom God shall manifest shall return to the next resurrection, which is his appearance.

(Provisional Translations, Persian Bayan (Partial Trans))

The reference above to one thousand two hundred and seventy suggests ten years from twelve sixty (1260 AH) - 1844 to 1853 AH is nine years. Baha'u'llah was in the Siyah Chal you'll recall.

Last edited: