• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why atheists and agnostics come to this forum?

shmogie

Stalin and his views stand in direct opposition to the views of freethinkers and secular humanists who make up today's community of modern atheists.

It's nothing but bigotry and chauvinism to lump them both together just because neither of them believe in the fantastic claims that you've latched onto.
You share the trait of atheism with them. Fact. Why fight the fact so much ? I drew no conclusion from the fact, why are you ?

ArtieE

What an utterly idiotic response. I know the history as well or better than you. Mao, and Stalin were atheists like you, and they slaughtered millions upon millions.
So now you are comparing me to Mao and Stalin on the sole basis that I'm an atheist even though I haven't slaughtered anybody?

Audie

Veteran Member

Audie

Veteran Member
Sorry for the digression but have you ever come across any person writing "Religion: Christian" and then writing posts in a manner that would make Jesus proud?

I couldnt say about that, but I have known a couple of
Christians who I thought were estimable people.
To what extent that was informed by their faith, I also
could not say.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Sorry for the digression but have you ever come across any person writing "Religion: Christian" and then writing posts in a manner that would make Jesus proud?
Yes, many times. They are still rare compared to those who didn't get the memo so I don't credit Christianity for them being decent people but they do exist.

MonkeyFire

What are you talking about?? A troll? Don't believe in nature?
Do you think that atheists don't believe in nature, really?

And why the empty threat of Hell? Is that the best you can do, threaten me with going to a place that doesn't exist?

Why are you on a religious forum if you don't believe, responding to a post not meant for you.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Why are you on a religious forum if you don't believe, responding to a post not meant for you.
The thread is called "Why atheists and agnostics come to this forum?" I answered that question in post #2
In post #85 you called me a troll, I replied to that post.

So which post that was not meant for me are you referring to?

MonkeyFire

As I said previously: you reject the majority of the NT bible. Which is fine. I do not see how you justify that, but keep the parts you like-- as if it's a Buffet Table, but that's also fine.

Well from the on start of the bible mankind is cursed with violence, hate, and war (knowledge of good & evil), and then ends in final battle, point being my passive ideology is the true light of the world.[/QUOTE]

Altfish

Veteran Member
Well from the on start of the bible mankind is cursed with violence, hate, and war (knowledge of good & evil), and then ends in final battle, point being my passive ideology is the true light of the world.
But, so are the Harry Potter books and they too are good stories - I'd argue that HP are much better stories.
What you have to realise is that non-believers reject The Bible (and other religious books) as being the word of god and just believe it to be a man made book.

Last edited:

pearl

Despite not believing in it, I find that many atheists find religion an interesting subject nonetheless.

Plus they're knowledge of Scripture is far deeper than many Christians here. If one is raised in a fundamentalist church, with every word of Scripture directly from God, then once that is no longer believed the decision is not to convert to another religion but to reject all.

Bob the Unbeliever

Well from the on start of the bible mankind is cursed with violence, hate, and war (knowledge of good & evil), and then ends in final battle, point being my passive ideology is the true light of the world.
That's nice. It's a darn shame there is zero reason to believe anything you just said, has the slightest basis in reality-- you don't even have an ancient, bad-mistranslated bronze age book of hearsay to go by...