• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why atheists and agnostics come to this forum?

shmogie

It is believers like you who have been trying to eliminate Jews for thousands of years.
"…two millennia of Christian ideas and prejudices, (with) their impact on Christians’ behavior, appear to be the major basis of antisemitism and of the apex of antisemitism, the Holocaust.” And historian Robert S. Wistrich agrees: “Without the irrational beliefs inculcated by centuries of Christian dogma…Hitler’s anti-Semitism and the echo which it found throughout Europe would have been inconceivable.”
Anti-Judaism in Christian History
What an utterly idiotic response. I know the history as well or better than you. Mao, and Stalin were atheists like you, and they slaughtered millions upon millions.

Today, the best supporters Jews have in this country are Evangelical Christians, of which I am one.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
What an utterly idiotic response. I know the history as well or better than you. Mao, and Stalin were atheists like you, and they slaughtered millions upon millions.

Today, the best supporters Jews have in this country are Evangelical Christians, of which I am one.
Stalin and his views stand in direct opposition to the views of freethinkers and secular humanists who make up today's community of modern atheists.

It's nothing but bigotry and chauvinism to lump them both together just because neither of them believe in the fantastic claims that you've latched onto.

MonkeyFire

Because religion has so much influence in this world of ours. In politics, education, ethics, etc - we non-believers need to understand religions and fight for equal rights and no special treatment for religions.

So your a troll? If you dont believe (in nature) you would literally be in hell.

shmogie

Stalin and his views stand in direct opposition to the views of freethinkers and secular humanists who make up today's community of modern atheists.

It's nothing but bigotry and chauvinism to lump them both together just because neither of them believe in the fantastic claims that you've latched onto.
What do you call lumping one with alleged Christians who have committed very unchristian acts of violence ?

Same thing right ?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Respect and love to my atheist and agnostic brothers and sisters. Why they come to religious forums?
Isn't it that they are searching for spirituality, religion and God. Maybe,deep inside, they want to believe, or maybe deep inside, they do believe:)

Most were religious, especially Christian. They like to discuss the Bible and tend to be very knowledgeable in it.

lukethethird

unknown member

I can only speak for myself, but I basically come here to ridicule, demean, and otherwise argue with believers purely for the cheap entertainment it provides me with.

Altfish

Veteran Member
So your a troll? If you dont believe (in nature) you would literally be in hell.
What are you talking about?? A troll? Don't believe in nature?
Do you think that atheists don't believe in nature, really?

And why the empty threat of Hell? Is that the best you can do, threaten me with going to a place that doesn't exist?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
What do you call lumping one with alleged Christians who have committed very unchristian acts of violence ?

Same thing right ?
I see you saying uncharitable, hypocritical, and "unchristian" this all the time, but I don't hols this against other Christians.

The only acts of violence that I blame Christians for are the ones they did themselves, voiced support for, or helped to fund.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

I can only speak for myself, but I basically come here to ridicule, demean, and otherwise argue with believers purely for the cheap entertainment it provides me with.

Shameful behaviour for a so-called Xian. Tut, tut ….

Audie

Veteran Member

Is there a way to do "winner" with double chocolate?

shmogie

I see you saying uncharitable, hypocritical, and "unchristian" this all the time, but I don't hols this against other Christians.

The only acts of violence that I blame Christians for are the ones they did themselves, voiced support for, or helped to fund.
You, once again, have missed the point. Did you not read the post to which I was responding ?

Who are you to determine what is Christian behavior or words ? You apparently are about as far from being a Christian as one can be.

In what you think, a believer must be a doormat, and if they engage and do battle when attacked, you, in your deep theological knowledge, brand them with your negative words.

Where the alleged Church did evil , criticism is totally warranted, I myself have criticized it numerous times.

Once again, as always with most atheists, the point is their seeming inability to make cogent points regarding the issues. So, the "you" statements begin.

YOU are a master of this technique.

With me, if someone starts that nonsense, they get it right back.