• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why ask for proof and evidence?

lunakilo

Essentially, the burden falls on the person that is being asked to produce the evidence.
If a person walks up to you and asks you for evidence that your beliefs are correct, tell them to get lost. You don't have to justify your beliefs to anyone else as long as you don't shove them in peoples face.

But if you walk up to someone else and start telling them about your belifs the burden of providing evidence falls on you.
Also, you can't expect other people to accept arguments like "what I say is correct because my religion says so".
If you start using your religion activily in relation to other people you need to provide evidence that your belifs are correct.

Tristesse

To me its like asking "why is the sky blue or the grass green' 'Why are there trees and vegetation' 'Why are there oceans' and 'nature'. etc . . .

And all those questions have evidence for why they are the way they are. So, maybe it's not like asking those questions at all.

Photonic

Ad astra!
My point is that God would be evident through Nature.

As a physicist I can safely say that he is not, to our current understanding, needed to explain anything found in nature. This is a common fallacy introduced by those who feel the need to impose the existence of God on nature.

Noaidi

slow walker
To me its like asking "why is the sky blue or the grass green' 'Why are there trees and vegetation' 'Why are there oceans' and 'nature'. etc . . .

Are you implying that you are not curious about the nature of things? You don't have a desire to understand? Are you happy with "just because" answers to your questions?:areyoucra

no-body

Are you implying that you are not curious about the nature of things? You don't have a desire to understand? Are you happy with "just because" answers to your questions?:areyoucra

I don't understand his reasoning, we would all still be living in mudhuts with barely any technology and medicine if nobody asked questions and for evidence of facts. But hey at least all our immortal souls would be saved, I guess :areyoucra

no-body

Not sure how a person can produce evidence. God wouldn't be God

That is why it is all a matter of faith and why some people are atheist, agnostic and different beliefs.

If you think I should just believe what you do because it is self evident, then it is not self evident at all.