• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why aren't you in danger?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Actually no we're not. I have made a claim that all magical traditions come with prescribed symbolism which is followed by most followers. You responded with "join my group! It's different!"

So far you're the only one measuring anything here.

Fair enough, but what I am saying is unless you've been a member of the Temple of Set you cannot possibly make such a claim. :no:

/Adramelek\

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Fair enough, but what I am saying is unless you've been a member of the Temple of Set you cannot possibly make such a claim. :no:

/Adramelek\

I can if all evidence points towards it, such as the incorporation of the god Set into the organization's title, your use of Xeper (except oddly not in this post, huh), and the fact that you have yet to give evidence that would suggest otherwise.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I can if all evidence points towards it, such as the incorporation of the god Set into the organization's title, your use of Xeper (except oddly not in this post, huh), and the fact that you have yet to give evidence that would suggest otherwise.

Oh I see where your getting at. :D The use of the inverted pentagram, the philosophy of Xeper, Set as primary god form, the study and practice of working Black Magical principles and technique. If these things do not speak to or interest you then there is no reason why one would want to join the ToS anyway.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
You're completely avoiding his point. The Temple of Set is in a box as small as the rest of such boxes (such as the RHP boxes...).

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Wait... how to we measure the size of the boxes? The box thing is a metaphor. It... it really is not intended to be an actual spatial reference. >_>

Now, you could talk about what the box is made like. Some people's boxes are made of inflexible concrete and others make it out of something that is easier to reshape and change. Some people's boxes might have mirrored glass walls. Others might be porous and let lots of air in. Maybe some boxes are built so poorly that a stiff wind would blow them over? Maybe some withstand great earthquakes?

Okay. I... am going to stop now. *laughs*

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Wait... how to we measure the size of the boxes? The box thing is a metaphor. It... it really is not intended to be an actual spatial reference. >_>

Now, you could talk about what the box is made like. Some people's boxes are made of inflexible concrete and others make it out of something that is easier to reshape and change. Some people's boxes might have mirrored glass walls. Others might be porous and let lots of air in. Maybe some boxes are built so poorly that a stiff wind would blow them over? Maybe some withstand great earthquakes?

i made my box out of nothing so it has no walls.!!

So in general what you guys intend to accomplish sounds very good to me.

That list doesn't define the LHP. Some would regard it as riddled with false dichotomies or ...romanticized misconceptions.

But there's one little detail... you call evil entities and use an inverted pentagram. Oops! Isn't that inviting troubles?

Even if 'we' did - and some of 'us' do, is it really trouble - if so, why?

In any case...

Why do I say "evil" entities? Because even the archetype of Satan is of a being which is hostile to Humanity in general. And I'm not speaking of god Pan. I mean the classic, bad cop/public prosecutor/district attorney of the Demiurge. Then why do you call such beings? Is that really necessary?

We call on them to not leave them dreadfully unnamed. A devil known; a devil assimilated, mastered, unselfed by entry into the concept-consuming mind of nihility.

Overthrow identification.

What I'm saying in so many words is that to live is to call the 'negative' or 'entropic' forces of the objective world and internal psyche insofar as their processes are materially distinct into one's mind. A Christian is more a devotee of Satan than most LHPers, truly. They wrestle all the time against him, as much as they against God. And they do.

It's much better to come to oblivion than come to grips.

...I had pretty hard experiences with dark beings in the astral plane (you could call them nightmares) while I was vulnerable to them. I know those shadows can ruin someone's life in a myriad of unexpected ways...

True, and many LHPers play with a fire they don't understand, burning themselves and others. Many others are RHPers so schizoid'd by the intensity of their delusions that they cannot withstand their dual - the concretization of personifiable forces of limited egocentricity, negativity, etc.

And here we get down to the crux. I'll throw a bit of sand in some eyes by defining thusly:

RHP - ego-worship
LHP - self-worship

That is to say, the defining characteristic of the RHP is that it deals with the limitedly conceived self and its supposed relationship with the cosmic, ignorant of the sublimely sovereign Self and its limitless body of enjoyment, carnal and otherwise.

So, I'm puzzled by your dealing with such beings.

Are you puzzled by your own defaultive dealings with them? You deal with them all the time in the form of negative thoughts and feelings but you miss the inner, esoteric reading of all arisen phenomen - that they are mindborn cities, societies, spontaneous assemblies of subtly living beings coming into and out of being from one's own beingness.

What I'm saying is that any given thought, or feeling, or externally 'objective' phenomena reported through the sensory fields is constructed of what amounts to a projection of I-hood that is neither personal, nor an object - and thus lacking an objective basis, does not even suffice subjectivity.

Here is the lidless eye robed in the black flames of aeonic gnosis. Cutscene to Gor maidens or whatever dark romanticism people infuse in this hocus pocus.

One thing is becoming a rebel and wanting to improve your life just by using the power of your own true self (which is something I admire!) and another is dealing with hostile, highly intelligent entities, thousands of years old that could crush you like an ant anytime they wish, just because they despise humans. Demons, evil aliens, Titans, Old Ones, whatever, is it worth the risk of calling them?
No, but one's mental conception of an entity, until less grossly willed states of consciousness arise, largely defines its experiential reality. That is to say, most people who 'work' with Satan imagine 'him' to be very different than the Christian imagining. Such a recast Satan is not necessarily malevolent - or at least, not in a way that is not amply compensated with benevolence as the raw majesty of life disburses suffering and joy in measured equilibrium.

Others may have in their pantheon deities associated with malignant natural forces which, once understood in their null internal condition, are no longer troublesome to the so attuned, but are rather allies in an ecosystem of Self.

Still others have radical deities of death and darkness as the womb of transformational self-generation, buzz wordedly called Xepher and such around these hurr parts.

Don't have skin too thick to shed.

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
You're completely avoiding his point. The Temple of Set is in a box as small as the rest of such boxes (such as the RHP boxes...).

Oh hell, whatever. I'm done with the box metaphor, I've addressed the issue, if my answers aren't satisfactory to you that's your problem. Further discussion is futile i'll just keep repeating myself. Your going to remain in that little box of how you view the ToS no matter what I say.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member

Quintessence puts a whole new spin on the matter here. I suppose one could view the philosophy of the ToS as a box shaped by the elements of a universe of limitless potential and possibilities.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I never said I'm right and you're wrong. Hell even RHP religions may hold truth. That makes you no less of a narrow minded fundy with ToS at the end of your vision. You quote Aquino like a prophet and preach ToS and it's beliefs like the word of God. Dogma.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I never said I'm right and you're wrong. Hell even RHP religions may hold truth. That makes you no less of a narrow minded fundy with ToS at the end of your vision. You quote Aquino like a prophet and preach ToS and it's beliefs like the word of God. Dogma.

Now that is a load of BS! I am just stating certain things about my understanding of defering aspects of Setian philosophy. Either one agrees or disagrees and I will defend when necessary, but I am not here to preach or convince any one of any thing. I have already made that crystal clear in previous posts. Your hell bent yet futile way of trying to prove, or at least getting me to admit that I am something that I am not seems like a lot of useless preaching to me. Keep it up though, as a Setian, I do find all this quite revealing and amusing.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
I see the OP ran away already, but I'll drop in quickly to answer to the question.

Here's what I learned: however dark or malicious an entity is, it loses control over you when you accept and embrace it. Darkness feeds on fear and uncertainty and without them, all that's left is your personal power and a kind of peace walking on lighter paths has no knowledge of. This is the core to why I work with dark forces, inside and out. Every time I face a spirit or a part of myself, I gain deep knowledge about myself I probably wouldn't gain otherwise. Is it dangerous? Sure it is, facing yourself always is because of our rather frail human psyche. Is it worth it? Yes, very much so. I can take any hits in my spiritual well being, any demonic possession for the knowledge I can gain that way. Whatever ups and downs I've had this far has simply made me stronger and wiser in the end, so why not?

Straw Dog

It is interesting to note that both the Abrahamic religions and the Left-hand ones have dominantly chosen to be highlighted in blue on this site. It's like they're reflections of one another, promoting adversarial relations in the world.