• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why aren't you in danger?

agorman

Premium Member
Then there's a confusion with actual light or dark energy and the psychological concepts of light and dark.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Then there's a confusion with actual light or dark energy and the psychological concepts of light and dark.

Only if someone's dumb enough to equate the two. Who seriously thinks magicians have the capacity to play with dark matter or dark energy? :eek:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
To put it in psychological terms, people go towards the light when they deal with their persona or ego. People venture into the dark when they deal with their shadow. What good comes from dealing with the ego beyond mental masturbation?

Depending on what you call "mental masturbation", many good things can.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Depending on what you call "mental masturbation", many good things can.

Ego-stroking, as in narcissistic behavior quite common in "light-minded" individuals who mask it in the face of a deity.

"Oh I don't hate you, but my God disapproves of your actions and my God conveniently agrees with everything I believe."

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Haha I liked the dark energy joke. Anyways I think there's a new age DIR, OP might be better off there.

agorman

Premium Member
Doors, I see you're either:

1. A shill who doesn't want people to know there are other real planes of existence.
  2. Someone who never practiced astral projection or any meditation. Or:
  3. Someone afraid that other, external beings, good or bad may exist. You wouldn't know how to deal with that fact.

Too bad, because I didn't actually want the opinion of a skeptical atheist (for that, I would have asked my parents). I wanted the opinion of Sethians or Satanic people who would answer me why do they relate with Satan and other hostile entities. The best answer so far has been the one of Andramelek. Quintessential has also provided useful information.

So far I understood you guys basically join the "wrong" side (or maybe relate with the tough part of Nature) and that's what makes you safe when calling dark entities. I'm surprised; because I actually thought that sooner or later you would be destroyed; even if the entity behaves politely at the beginning.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
So far I understood you guys basically join the "wrong" side (or maybe relate with the tough part of Nature) and that's what makes you safe when calling dark entities. I'm surprised; because I actually thought that sooner or later you would be destroyed; even if the entity behaves politely at the beginning.

It doesn't make you "safe" at all. It simply allows you to relate to what you're doing in a way that makes you less likely to do something stupid. For example, you don't open a butcher shop which displays dead cow carcasses in India. Likewise, you don't meet with a "dark entity" by being a holier-than-thou prick.

Premium Member
And I see you're a fideist afraid to gain any true knowledge on the depth of the human psyche who'd rather remain comfortably ignorant within the bounds of socially acceptable symbolism and ritual.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Well Andramelek, what an odd interpretation; for what I've seen in the astral, the meaning is more like the power of the spirit over the four elements. You turn the pentagram upside down and you're screwed; because you're symbolizing our normal state of being ruled by Nature.

I've shown an inverted pentagram to an astral shadow and they love it. I've shown an upright pentagram to them and they either flee or burn. Most of them can't resist it.

Your use of the pentagram agorman is different from anything I've heard, but to each their own. One of the Functions of the Pentagram (a luminous pentagram against a black field) for me during ritual workings is that it can serve as a gateway of sorts linking my Ka (Magical double) to the realms of Darkness. This is done when I astral project my thoughts and desires out into the Universe.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Premium Member
Your use of the pentagram agorman is different from anything I've heard, but to each their own. One of the Functions of the Pentagram (a luminous pentagram against a black field) for me during ritual workings is that it can serve as a gateway of sorts linking my Ka (Magical double) to the realms of Darkness. This is done when I astral project my thoughts and desires out into the Universe.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Would you say the Ka is comparable to the HGA of Thelema? (Off topic but oh well). Never saw that but Crowley certainly took much from Egyptian belief.

Kemble

I wanted the opinion of Sethians or Satanic people who would answer me why do they relate with Satan and other hostile entities.

Oddly enough skeptical atheists make the best of those bunch. When you feel comfortable enough to start rolling up your sleeves and deeply engaging your introspection bias, and neuroplastically creating real lasting change in your being through essential critical engagements, you'll appreciate the way this used to relate to you:

Leave Us Alone, You’re Spoiling Things

And if you think I'm being dismissive, feel free to shrink back into your old habit patterns and forget my touching this topic.

agorman

Premium Member

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

In that we're agree. :) I noticed that at least in the astral plane you can use a pentagram as a portal. I could once do that by tracing an upright pentagram in the air with my index finger at the same time I pronounced one of the names of God of the Kabbalah. My intention at the time was calling an archangel, but I was surprised to see the inner pentagon looked like water; sort of a Stargate thing and through the water I could see a landscape. I feel maybe we're talking about different aspects of the same reality. This reminds me of the tale of the three blinds who met an elephant and each one got different conclusions about the type of animal they found.

Doors; I'm far from a fideist. I guide myself mostly by personal experience. I test techniques, rituals, symbols, pantheons, etc. and see what happens. Maybe you can call me a chaos magician. Yes, psyche is related to our surroundings ("as above so below"), but saying that everything around you is your psyche, is a bit much for my taste. It would be like affirming you are "God" (RHP!)

Likewise, you don't meet with a "dark entity" by being a holier-than-thou prick.

Gjallarhorn; So my mistake was rejecting the dark ones as evil without taking into account the balancing role they play in Nature? Did the dark ones attack me just because I was a human entering their territory without permission? Maybe I unwillingly entered a low astral plane when I should have gone higher?

agorman

Premium Member
Oddly enough skeptical atheists make the best of those bunch. When you feel comfortable enough to start rolling up your sleeves and deeply engaging your introspection bias, and neuroplastically creating real lasting change in your being through essential critical engagements, you'll appreciate the way this used to relate to you:

Leave Us Alone, You’re Spoiling Things

And if you think I'm being dismissive, feel free to shrink back into your old habit patterns and forget my touching this topic.

You are not just being dismissive; you're arrogant, because you're afraid something else than the material world exists. What bothers me of skeptics is that people who never had any sort of spiritual experience whatsoever, arrogantly tries to teach us it's all our imagination, without even daring to experiment the same methods that we tried. You try meditating, practicing astral projection and facing your fears (for years) before you even come to me telling that I'm biased or that I'm just living in a fairy tale world. To learn why am I "biased" first take the red pill and then come back to me after you notice you've been attached to a materialistic illusion (Maya) since you were born. And worse of all, you don't want people to wake up to the whole reality, because it would change the World and you sheep are not ready for it (Neither are your masters). So, nice slave; go back to your sex, beer and football.

Kemble

I'll explain later, but no one is saying you are deluded and living in a fantasy world. It's much more complex than that.

And worse of all, you don't want people to wake up to the whole reality, because it would change the World and you sheep are not ready for it (Neither are your masters).

Can't help it.

sheeple.png

Premium Member
Oh I certainly believe in a reality independent of the mind, and I remain agnostic towards spiritual matters. It does not change what we know though relative to this topic. Your meditation and drug use induces experiences that are completely internal, these beings you've interacted with are a product of your mind, personality, what have you. You come in here talking as if we're discussing symbols with objective meanings or some objective spiritual purpose when we aren't. Kemble is correct in that once you come to understand these things you'll be a more powerful "magician" than you ever thought you could be. However you seem content where you are, a slave to the creations of your mind which seem directly funded by society's commonly shared subjective truths. And where you are is certainly much easier.

Premium Member
Also, affirming you are God is as LHP as it gets haha. Ignorance amuses me.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
You are not just being dismissive; you're arrogant, because you're afraid something else than the material world exists. What bothers me of skeptics is that people who never had any sort of spiritual experience whatsoever, arrogantly tries to teach us it's all our imagination, without even daring to experiment the same methods that we tried.

I'm not sure I would say there is fear going on here. I would say that the person has their box they like to think in, and they will keep thinking in it. They're not interested in thinking in someone else's box. What bothers me isn't that people like thinking in their box and don't want to think outside of it (everybody does this!). What bothers me is when people disrespect other people's boxes or get in penis size contests ("my box is bigger/better than your box!") about them. That's where a person can come across as arrogant. Sometimes it is about how things are said that conveys the arrogance more than what is being said. Let's all drop the arrogance and ego here, because I think at this point both sides are guilty as charged. >_<

Premium Member
I missed the assumption that since one doesn't believe in spirituality they've obviously never had a "spiritual experience". On the contrary I've had numerous ones, I was simply willing to investigate causes instead of just labeling them as objectively spiritual out of desire. As for the other response, I find it utterly hilarious that skepticism is seen as thinking within a box. Also a comparison to penis measuring contests? I suppose both Q and the OP value a flat earthers opinion as much as someone who "believes" the world isn't flat... I mean c'mon the world could totes be flat, think outside your box!

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Gjallarhorn; So my mistake was rejecting the dark ones as evil without taking into account the balancing role they play in Nature? Did the dark ones attack me just because I was a human entering their territory without permission? Maybe I unwillingly entered a low astral plane when I should have gone higher?
Some have an innate nature to attack, to mock, to accuse, to reflect. I don't consider these sorts of entities ("light ones" included) as fully conscious. They are programs designed to react based on your personality and attitude. If you have flaws, they will be targeted. That is why many seek the darkness, because it's not just unconditional love and acceptance. It's a chance at transformation.

As Jung put it, "I'd rather be whole than good".