• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why aren't BB guns banned or restricted?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Abusive acts towards animals are typically not tolerated here. You can't hunt in your backyard, legally, here. It would be hard for a kid to go outside and shoot a squirrel or bird without neighbors noticing and reporting to the police and likely, Child Protective Services while they were at it.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Aw dang! I just found this thread, & wanted to further derail it by pointing
out the irony of a Catholic fella saying hunters are "messed up in the head".

Anyway, calling for more laws wont' fix the few kids who torture animals.
That's about parenting, & getting help for the kid when trouble arises.

Apart from restricted shotguns, the odd target rifle, farmer's 22s and air-rifles, that's all we have left now in the UK.
And the air-rifles are restricted to 12ft/lbs unless a firearms licence is issued.
And yet it's beginning to look as if some US States are tougher on Air-guns than we are....... that I did not expect!

I don't think that air-guns should be banned.
Bet you didn't expect that from me.!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't think that air-guns should be banned.
Bet you didn't expect that from me.!
Right! I thought you Brits wanted to ban all knives over 1" long, all guns which could
hurt a fly, all hurtful gossip, all fast cars, all motorcycles with less than 3 wheels,
all spicy food, all risque shows, & big hair. Don't all people over there walk around
wearing helmets & padded suits...you know....so you're completely safe?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Right! I thought you Brits wanted to ban all knives over 1" long, all guns which could
hurt a fly, all hurtful gossip, all fast cars, all motorcycles with less than 3 wheels,
all spicy food, all risque shows, & big hair. Don't all people over there walk around

I try to educate yous mochiganistanians but its no good. You forgot miniskirts, bras over size 36c, films worser n parental guidance, speedboats over 20hp and drinks stronger n tea. Cant teach u nuffin.

Erebus

Are you insane? That's a fire hazard right there, health and safety simply wouldn't allow it. We all live in clear plastic cubes (spheres might move too quickly) with "No Smoking" signs plastered all over them.

Anyway, back on topic.

To be honest I'm not sure how effective further restrictions on air rifles, airsoft guns and so on would be. Kids shouldn't be playing with them in the first place without an adult and without proper supervision kids can get their hands on all kinds of weapons regardless of their legality.
If a kid really wants to kill small animals, they'll find a way to do it. It's up to the parents, teachers and concerned neighbours to spot this kind of behaviour.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Are you insane? That's a fire hazard right there, health and safety simply wouldn't allow it. We all live in clear plastic cubes (spheres might move too quickly) with "No Smoking" signs plastered all over them.
Brilliant!
You have a future in government.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Revolting was 'going on' about hard hats and padded suits to take the p-ss out of me. He's allowed to do that..... it keeps him going :D. Many years ago I made a kevlar breastplate and a helmet disguised as a woolly hat which I wore to arrest thieves in more 'dodgy' districts. That's what he was referring to. I still have them. I've just remembered that I promised to send him a picture of me..... several months ago.
Nothing too shocking, you understand...... wearing those items (together with some jeans :D) :biglaugh:

yoda89

On Xtended Vacation
Because God guided Man to make BB guns and gave choice for the kid to shoot the animal. As God said in the bible we have domain and can do what we want. The boy should simply ask for forgiveness after every event and should be fine.