• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are you an atheist?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Because there's no magic dude in my room that I can kiss and copulate with who will grant me wishes. I can't see him or touch him, it's a load of crap.
If I could feel and touch him, maybe even have a child with him, then I'll believe he's real.
Why didn't you just post this in the current threads on the same topic?

Were those threads insufficient for your snarky arrogance?
Tom

ecco

Veteran Member
Why didn't you just post this in the current threads on the same topic?

Were those threads insufficient for your snarky arrogance?
Tom
God resurrected Jesus from the dead.
Foo Yang resurrected this thread from the dead.

This thread was dead longer than Jesus. Does that mean Foo Yang is more powerful than God?

Anyway, what current threads on the same topic?

FooYang

This thread was dead longer than Jesus. Does that mean Foo Yang is more powerful than God?

No because God doesn't exist. Columbus was probably high on drugs when she wrote that.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

All hail Foo Yang!

JChnsc19

Just curious as to why atheists do not believe in any deity. Please post why you don't.
I’ve seen no evidence. I’ve listened to the Atheist Experience for hmmm maybe a year now & have heard every call in, every argument imaginable & so far no evidence.

Straw Dog

Good question... I haven’t really thought about the notion of deity in a long while. I used to have specific reasons why I became a non-believer, but now it’s just more the result of an attitude of indifference. Apatheism, if you will. The topic is mostly irrelevant in my personal life.

It’s not that I have a solid argument. Maybe the existence or non-existence of God matters a lot. I guess the best way I can explain my attitude is that I’ve become so totally immersed in the direct experience of being alive and fully present in each moment (as much as possible) that theological speculation doesn’t really add or subtract value from my experience.