• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why are we here?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
"why are we here?"

The purpose of human beings "why are we here?" does not change, it is in absolute terms:
[4:132] And to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth. And We have assuredly commanded those who were given the Book before you, and commanded you also, to fear Allah. But if you disbelieve, then remember that to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth, and Allah is Self-Sufficient, Praiseworthy.
[4:133] And to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth, and sufficient is Allah as a Guardian.
[4:134] If He please, He can take you away, O people, and bring others in your stead; and Allah has full power to do that.
[4:135] Whoso desires the reward of this world, then let him remember that with Allah is the reward of this world and of the next; and Allah is All-Hearing, All-Seeing.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=4&verse=133
If we don't fulfill the purpose of life, we could be finished and some other creature could be created by G-d to fulfill His purpose. Who could afford to lose His grace and mercy?

Regards

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
What is the purpose of this life? why did God put us here, if he wants us in heaven why aren't we just born there, why do we have to go through this life

The answer starts at Genesis 1:28 that we are to enjoy endless life on a beautiful paradisical Earth.
God wants angels to be in heaven.
Earth is what God gifted to mankind- Psalms 115:16
Earth was never to be a stepping stone, so to speak, to another place including heaven.
Jesus set up a governmental arrangement with some of his followers - Luke 22:28-30
They will have a first or earlier resurrection which is to heaven to reign over Earth with Christ for a thousand years - Revelation 20:6; Revelation 5:9-10; Revelation 2:10
The majority of mankind are to be right here on Earth forever and ever - Proverbs 2:21-22; Psalms 37:11; Psalms 37:29; Matthew 5:5; Psalms 72:8; Psalms 72:12-14
In other words, the resurrections that Jesus performed while on Earth were healthy physical resurrections back to life on Earth.
That was a preview, or coming attraction, of what Jesus will be doing on a grand-global scale during his coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth.
Then, there will be healing for Earth's nations - Revelation 22:2
In the meantime, we are all invited to pray for Jesus to come and undo all the damage Satan and Adam brought upon mankind - Revelation 22:20

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The answer starts at Genesis 1:28 that we are to enjoy endless life on a beautiful paradisical Earth.
God wants angels to be in heaven.
Earth is what God gifted to mankind- Psalms 115:16
Earth was never to be a stepping stone, so to speak, to another place including heaven.
Jesus set up a governmental arrangement with some of his followers - Luke 22:28-30
They will have a first or earlier resurrection which is to heaven to reign over Earth with Christ for a thousand years - Revelation 20:6; Revelation 5:9-10; Revelation 2:10
The majority of mankind are to be right here on Earth forever and ever - Proverbs 2:21-22; Psalms 37:11; Psalms 37:29; Matthew 5:5; Psalms 72:8; Psalms 72:12-14
In other words, the resurrections that Jesus performed while on Earth were healthy physical resurrections back to life on Earth.
That was a preview, or coming attraction, of what Jesus will be doing on a grand-global scale during his coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth.
Then, there will be healing for Earth's nations - Revelation 22:2
In the meantime, we are all invited to pray for Jesus to come and undo all the damage Satan and Adam brought upon mankind - Revelation 22:20

Jesus is already come " “He who has ears to hear, let him hear.Mark 4:9”". In the form of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad , Jesus' Second Coming has taken place. No compulsion however to agree with me.

Regards

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
But not all at the same time. :p

Babies came to life knowing nothing, they eat and poo, playing later on,
once young they start to think about sex.

But i believe that we're here to gain knowledge and it strikes me as odd to think that we're
here because of an apple.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
The bible.
Hmm, I never read that we have to kiss his butt. I do know that imitating His son Jesus, is the best possible life we could ever live. I enjoy mine, immensely! (Even though I face injustice quite often.) The future will be even better! -- Revelation 21:3-4

Nefelie

Here, in brief, is what the Bible says as to:
Why do bad things happen?
Much of the suffering and anguish we experience results from our own bad or thoughtless acts, or those of other people. (Proverbs 19:3)

Who made us this way?

Who is responsible?
I believe the Bible clearly teaches that "the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." (1 John 5:19) Satan and other wicked spirits exercise a malevolent and pervasive influence over mankind, and actively foment wickedness.

Who made them?

Why has God not yet acted to end wickedness?
I believe the Bible teaches that God has an appointed time to end wickedness. (Habakkuk 1:2, 2:3) Jehovah is not limited by a short lifespan and has good reasons for allowing wickedness temporarily. He will undo the harm Satan caused by his rebellion, and settle once and forever the issue of who rightfully should rule as Sovereign. (1 Corinthians 15:25,26)

So, in short:
God screwed up, tried to fix it in the past with Noah’s flood (and some occasional incidents, like the Sodom and Gomorrah story), failed and will try again to fix it in the future… sometime… maybe… who knows when and if… and if He will get the job done that time or will it be yet again another fiasco! Great. I feel much better now :)

~~~

Seems people can't think of new topics to banter over so, dredge up the oldies from mothballs.

Hey! I resent that! :p

~~~

This is the theme of life and specifically of the human life as mentioned in the very first chapter of Quran:
The Holy Quran : Chapter 1: Al-Fatihah
[1:6] Guide us in the right path —

Question: why didn’t He just leave us in the right path to begin with?

~~~

1) Who made Satan?

2) Why wait thousands of years to fix everything? Does Jesus enjoys being begged by humanity for multiple centuries? Seriously??

~~~

To eat, to poo and to multiply.

You might be more right than you think :eek:

~~~

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
1) Who made Satan?

2) Why wait thousands of years to fix everything? Does Jesus enjoys being begged by humanity for multiple centuries? Seriously??

1) Does anyone "make" a thief? Or does the person make himself one? Thinking about doing bad things, can lead that to doing those bad things!

2) One of the issues raised in Eden with Adam and Eve (Genesis 3:1-6), was whether they needed God to guide / rule them, or can they rule themselves. So, allowing men to rule themselves, would take time. And every form of government has been tried. In fact, it's only been in the last 200+ years, that a true democratic bloc of nations has been tried, but we are still plagued with problems....maybe even more so.

The issue had to play out, it's taken time.

serp777

Hmm, I never read that we have to kiss his butt. I do know that imitating His son Jesus, is the best possible life we could ever live. I enjoy mine, immensely! (Even though I face injustice quite often.) The future will be even better! -- Revelation 21:3-4

Well i don't know how you missed this.

"

• Exodus 15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.
    Deuteronomy 10:21 He is your praise, and he is your God, that has done for you these great and terrible things, which your eyes have seen.
    Judges 5:3 Hear, O you kings; give ear, O you princes; I, even I, will sing to the LORD; I will sing praise to the LORD God of Israel.
    2 Samuel 22:50 Therefore I will give thanks to you, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises to your name.
    1 Chronicles 29:13 Now therefore, our God, we thank you, and praise your glorious name.
    Psalms 35:18 I will give you thanks in the great congregation: I will praise you among much people.
    Psalms 35:28 And my tongue shall speak of your righteousness and of your praise all the day long.
    Psalms 43:4 Then will I go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy: yes, on the harp will I praise you, O God my God.
    Psalms 92:1 IT IS A GOOD THING TO GIVE THANKS UNTO THE LORD, AND TO SING PRAISES UNTO THY NAME, O MOST HIGH:
    Psalms 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful to him, and bless his name.
    Psalms 101:1 I will sing of mercy and judgment: to you, O LORD, will I sing.
    Psalms 138:1 I will praise you with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise to you.
    Jeremiah 17:14 Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for you are my praise.
    Daniel 2:23 I thank you, and praise you, O you God of my fathers, who have given me wisdom and might, and have made known to me now what we desired of you: for you have now made known to us the king's matter.
    Daniel 4:34 And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up my eyes to heaven, and my understanding returned to me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honored him that lives for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation:
    Romans 4:11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed to them also:"

So basically praise God ALOT. WOrship him, praise him, sing to him. Kiss his butt.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
OP asks the first Question in post #1 "What is the purpose of this life?
For which I wrote post #38 and now have to add further to it:

This is the theme of life and specifically of the human life as mentioned in the very first chapter of Quran:
[1:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
[1:2] All praise belongs to Allah, Lord of all the worlds,
[1:3] The Gracious, the Merciful,
[1:4] Master of the Day of Judgment.
[1:5] Thee alone do we worship and Thee alone do we implore for help.
[1:7] The path of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy blessings, those who have not incurred Thy displeasure, and those who have not gone astray.
ww.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=1
This is in brief and explained in detail in the whole of Quran in many a place in very straightforward and elaborate form. I quote from one such place:

[51:57] And I have not created the Jinn* and the men** but that they may worship Me.
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=51&verse=56
*those philosophers/scientists/master-mind thinkers who seldom come in the public.
** the public or the masses.

Regards

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
OP's Second Question in post #1 is "why do we have to go through this life".

The truthful, secure and the pristine Word of G-d answers it in the very first verse of its first chapter:

[1:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
[1:2] All praise belongs to Allah, Lord of all the worlds,
[1:3] The Gracious, the Merciful,
[1:4] Master of the Day of Judgment.
[1:5] Thee alone do we worship and Thee alone do we implore for help.
[1:7] The path of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy blessings, those who have not incurred Thy displeasure, and those who have not gone astray.
ww.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=1

It is His grace and mercy that we have been bestowed life to enjoy in this world and still more in the hereafter. Right? Please

Regards

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
WHO made us in a way that we are capable of thinking bad things? Get it??

~~
Would you really just rather be a robot? Or do you like having your free will, i.e., the right to choose?

Put yourself in God's shoes.....would you want somebody loving you back and doing good, because they have to, or because they want to? We can be whatever kind of person we want to be, its up to us individually. (Unless there's a chemical or genetic imbalance, due to our inherited imperfection, or maybe sociological factors; but Jehovah God knows about all that. That's why there will be a resurrection even for the wicked. -- John 5:28-29; Acts of the Apostles 24:15)