• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why are we here?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
1) Who made Satan?
2) Why wait thousands of years to fix everything? Does Jesus enjoys being begged by humanity for multiple centuries? Seriously??

According to Scripture, Satan the Devil turned himself into a Satan and a Devil -> Ezekiel 28:14-16; Ezekiel 28:17-19
Satan was 'created' with angelic perfection, and he was drawn out by his wrong desire to have humans worship him thus 'making' himself into Satan the Devil - James 1:13-15

As to why wait thousands of years is because God's purpose is that we all be descendants from father Adam and mother Eve - Genesis 1:28
So, before there would be the action of Genesis 3:15 ( Jesus as Messiah ) the earth would have to be populated ( Not over filled nor over populated ) - Genesis 1:28
Because Earth was created for righteous people ( Matthew 25:37; Matthew 5:5 ) then when the people of Genesis 6:11 filled the Earth with ' violence ' is why God purposed the Flood for the sake of the righteous ones - 2 Peter 2:5; Psalms 11:5.
In other words, the passing of time has allowed for us to be born ( otherwise we would Not be here ). Be born and then think who we would like as Sovereign over us.
Satan challenges all of us - Job 2:4-5 - to ' touch our flesh ' (loose physical health) and we would Not serve God.
Adam under good conditions failed in showing love, whereas both Job and Jesus proved faithful under adverse conditions thus proving Satan a liar.
We are all invited to pray the invitation of Revelation 22:20 because Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among people of goodwill.
Even people of the past who did Not see the ' fulfillment of the promise '- Hebrews 11:13; Hebrews 11:39 - will have a happy-and-healthy resurrection.
Under Christ there will be healing for earth's nations - Revelation 22:2. In other words, Jesus will undo all the damage Satan and Adam brought upon the human race.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus is already come " “He who has ears to hear, let him hear.Mark 4:9”". In the form of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad , Jesus' Second Coming has taken place. No compulsion however to agree with me.
Regards

We have Not yet heard 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 when ' they ' ( the powers that be ) will be saying, " Peace and Security " as the precursor of the great tribulation of Revelation 7:14
If Jesus already came, then there would be No need for the coming ' time of separation ' between the humble ' sheep' and the haughty ' goats ' - Matthew 25:31-33,37
If Jesus already came, then we would be past Day One of Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth when enemy death will be No more - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8

blue taylor

What is the purpose of this life? why did God put us here, if he wants us in heaven why aren't we just born there, why do we have to go through this life
It is a strange question. A tadpole or a grub, or maybe a kudzu vine could give you the correct answer. But it would be so simple, I doubt if we could understand it. So far away we are from our original natural world.

VioletVortex

Because we are. I don't see any value in worrying about afterlife or why we aren't born there to begin with. I want to enjoy and live my life to the fullest in this world. I don't care if there is an afterlife, but if there is, I'm going to live my life to the fullest in that realm too.

That is my philosophical explanation of why we are here. However, there are probably reasons for existence beyond that, but they just aren't relevant to me.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
but if there is, I'm going to live my life to the fullest in that realm too.
Unless one believes in afterlife and as to what will happen there, and one does the virtuous deeds that are tickets/authorization to it, one cannot experience it for any fullness. Then it will be distasteful, yet it will be confronted with:

[2:82] Aye, whoso does evil and is encompassed by his sins — those are the inmates of the Fire; therein shall they abide.
[2:83] But they who believe and do good works — those are the dwellers of Heaven; therein shall they abide.
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=2&verse=82

Regards

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Unless one believes in afterlife and as to what will happen there, and one does the virtuous deeds that are tickets/authorization to it, one cannot experience it for any fullness. Then it will be distasteful, yet it will be confronted with:
Regards

Instead of ' afterlife ' ( more alive at death than before death ), what about Jesus' teachings about a resurrection ( being awakened from death's sleep) - John 11:12-14
Except for those committing the unforgivable sin - Matthew 12:32; Hebrews 6:4-6 - our death is what pays the price tag of sin - Romans 6:7
However, since we can Not resurrect oneself or another out of death's deep sleep - Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4; Daniel 12:2; Daniel 12:13 -
then we need someone who can resurrect us and bring us back to life. According to Scripture Jesus can and will resurrect the dead - Revelation 1:18
Some people resurrected to heaven - Revelation 20:6; Revelation 2:10 Revelation 5:9-10
But the majority of people will be restored back to healthy physical life on Earth starting with Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth.
- Acts of the Apostles 24:15

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
......... But it would be so simple, I doubt if we could understand it. So far away we are from our original natural world.

Are we really ' so far away from our original natural world ' because we are nearing Day One of Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth when Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among people of goodwill, and Earth will once again become a beautiful paradisical garden as Eden originally was.
According to Revelation 22:2 mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' on Earth for the healing of earth's nations.
Even enemy death will be No more - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8 - so with the mind's eye we can see and understand the original natural world which is soon coming our way.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Instead of ' afterlife ' ( more alive at death than before death ), what about Jesus' teachings about a resurrection ( being awakened from death's sleep) - John 11:12-14
Except for those committing the unforgivable sin - Matthew 12:32; Hebrews 6:4-6 - our death is what pays the price tag of sin - Romans 6:7
However, since we can Not resurrect oneself or another out of death's deep sleep - Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4; Daniel 12:2; Daniel 12:13 -
then we need someone who can resurrect us and bring us back to life. According to Scripture Jesus can and will resurrect the dead - Revelation 1:18
Some people resurrected to heaven - Revelation 20:6; Revelation 2:10 Revelation 5:9-10
But the majority of people will be restored back to healthy physical life on Earth starting with Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth.
- Acts of the Apostles 24:15
None of the books given in your posts are written by Jesus or he authorized anybody to write on his behalf. These are narrations of anonymous persons on their own. The purported "Jesus said" are not Jesus' words for sure. Please
Regards

blue taylor

Are we really ' so far away from our original natural world ' because we are nearing Day One of Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth when Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among people of goodwill, and Earth will once again become a beautiful paradisical garden as Eden originally was.
According to Revelation 22:2 mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' on Earth for the healing of earth's nations.
Even enemy death will be No more - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8 - so with the mind's eye we can see and understand the original natural world which is soon coming our way.
If you want I can quote hundreds of books of fiction stating why your books of fiction are wrong. It's so fun.

VioletVortex

"Afterlife" is a very broad term. It could include Heaven, Hell, becoming a ghost, entering a world very similar to this world.

You Christians usually believe in Hell anyways, so don't you think I'm going to Hell? If so, I'm going to live an afterlife, assuming that you are right. Maybe you think I will burn forever or something, but that really is quite nonsensical.

If there is, in fact, an Abrahamic god who sends people to Hell for living their lives to the fullest, which to me, is the number one most important deed one can fulfil, I refuse to worship him, or do virtuous deeds that I don't want to do. I don't obligate myself to do things like that out of fear.

We are conscious, we can sense and interpret our environments. That should be enough to demonstrate the fact that we are here to live our lives to the fullest.

What is the purpose of this life? why did God put us here, if he wants us in heaven why aren't we just born there, why do we have to go through this life

What's the higher purpose to a cockroach's life? Why didn't god just put cockroaches in heaven to begin with? Why do cockroaches have to go through this life? Do you ever wonder why some religions put humans on a pedestal and assumes humans are better than all the other animals that share the planet? What if it's cockroaches god created the earth for and we're just back ground characters to who and what's really important?

serp777

"Afterlife" is a very broad term. It could include Heaven, Hell, becoming a ghost, entering a world very similar to this world.

You Christians usually believe in Hell anyways, so don't you think I'm going to Hell? If so, I'm going to live an afterlife, assuming that you are right. Maybe you think I will burn forever or something, but that really is quite nonsensical.

If there is, in fact, an Abrahamic god who sends people to Hell for living their lives to the fullest, which to me, is the number one most important deed one can fulfil, I refuse to worship him, or do virtuous deeds that I don't want to do. I don't obligate myself to do things like that out of fear.

We are conscious, we can sense and interpret our environments. That should be enough to demonstrate the fact that we are here to live our lives to the fullest.

Hell was invented by the church to get ignorant peasants to pay more money. They also did it so they could control the masses--remember the crusades? THe pope said all sins would be forgiven if they marched on Jerusalem. Hell is a way to control people through fear.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
None of the books given in your posts are written by Jesus or he authorized anybody to write on his behalf. These are narrations of anonymous persons on their own. The purported "Jesus said" are not Jesus' words for sure. Please
Regards

The Bible itself claims that 'ALL' Scripture is inspired by God - 2 Timothy 3:16-17
According to Revelation 1:1; Revelation 1:19 Jesus did authorize gospel writer John to write.
Please, I am merely posting what the Bible really teaches. We are all free-willed people who can accept or reject biblical writings.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If you want I can quote hundreds of books of fiction stating why your books of fiction are wrong. It's so fun.
Would your hundreds of books of fiction even fit in the forum space ?
How can fiction books prove what the Bible really teaches is wrong ?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

The word 'afterlife' does Not appear in the Bible. So, as far as Scripture is concerned, ' afterlife ' is Not heaven, hell, ghost, etc.
What is the ' Christian hell ', so to speak, but the grave for the sleeping dead - Daniel 12:2; Daniel 12:13
Christendom ( so-called Christianity ) teaches a religious theory hell, or a philosophy hell of forever burning as being Scripture although Not Scripture.
The Bible's hell is simply the grave for the unconscious dead.
The day righteous Jesus died he went to hell - Acts of the Apostles 2:27
Since Jesus taught only sleep in death - John 11:12-14 - as do the old Hebrew Scriptures - Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4; Ecclesiastes 9:5 - then the dead know nothing.
Someone is the so-called ' afterlife ' is more conscious or more alive after death then before death.
Whereas, the sleeping dead are in a sleep-like state until resurrected out of biblical hell which is mankind's grave.- Revelation 1:18
The Abrahamic God (YHWH) made a promise to father Abraham that ALL families and ALL nations of Earth will be blessed.- Genesis 12:3; Genesis 22:18
Blessed with the benefits of healing according to Revelation 22:2.
That healing and resurrection starts with Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth when enemy death will be No more - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8
That is why the ' future tense ' is used at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection......

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
WHO made us in a way that we are capable of thinking bad things? Get it??
~~

No one is created to be a robot or an automaton. So, that means we are Not forced to serve or worship God.
Satan and Adam were created ' upright ' and they used their free-will choices to turn to wrongdoing.
So, as with both angelic creation and human creation No one is forced to obey God.
If we had No choices then people would complain that God is a Bully making people worship or serve Him without a choice.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
No one is created to be a robot or an automaton. So, that means we are Not forced to serve or worship God.
Satan and Adam were created ' upright ' and they used their free-will choices to turn to wrongdoing.
So, as with both angelic creation and human creation No one is forced to obey God.
If we had No choices then people would complain that God is a Bully making people worship or serve Him without a choice.
I agree with you here.
Regards