• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are they ignoring the persecution of Christians?

nPeace

Veteran Member
That our government has a fundamental duty to teach children about what we know of reality.
Yes. I agree. Not to teach what is believed.

And who is doing this? And why? And how is it they are doing a horrible job of it?
An Atheistic society or system. They don't want anything about God (primarily Judeo Christian) to be taught, advocated, etc.? :shrug:
Doing a horrible job? :shrug: From whose perspective? Not sure what you mean.

Who is silencing who, and about what exactly?
I think you asked that above.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not as bad as anti-theists have been historically with violence.
But yes, “Christians” have been some of the worst offenders. I’d say in many situations they were religious adherents to certain dogmas, but not born again believers. As well, satan is always busy inspiring, twisting, and using the lives of those who claim the name of Christ to defame the name of Christ.
That is debatable. Especially if one looks at the figures honestly.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

And creationists still do not know the difference between knowledge and belief. It is why they lose court cases.

An Atheistic society or system. They don't want anything about God (primarily Judeo Christian) to be taught, advocated, etc.? :shrug:

Actually many atheists would be fine with proper comparative religion classes. Those are most strongly objected to by fundamentalist Christians. They want to proselytize not teach. When the classes compare various religions on an equal footing they tend to go a bit nuts.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Religion is believed. Science is known.

So you're talking about Soviet Russia or China.

I think you asked that above.
So not relevant to the USA.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Actually many atheists would be fine with proper comparative religion classes. Those are most strongly objected to by fundamentalist Christians. They want to proselytize not teach. When the classes compare various religions on an equal footing they tend to go a bit nuts.
I'm an advocate of teaching comparative religion in public schools. I think kids should have a good understanding of other nations and their cultural beliefs.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm an advocate of teaching comparative religion in public schools. I think kids should have a good understanding of other nations and their cultural beliefs.

Same here. The Christian fundamentalists are those that tend to oppose it the most since the lessons about other religions will not be taught as they want them to be taught.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I suspect that he means that your religious beliefs have no place in a science classroom.

Even when the theists themselves remove god from their creation myth and try to rebrand it as science.

So I really do not understand all this complaining you are doing about how "God is to be removed" when your fellow theists are on board with it themselves...

F1fan

Veteran Member
Same here. The Christian fundamentalists are those that tend to oppose it the most since the lessons about other religions will not be taught as they want them to be taught.
Right. They don't want their kids coming home from school and saying "Mom, do you know what Jesus said about the homeless and hungry?"

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Moses pyramid science nuclear UFO event.
Rain fell as RA radiation fallout nuclear event followed by water split off ground mass counted as forty day rain flooding. Life on earth was saved.

Over mountains is UFO ark orbital radiation burning cloud effect. Clouds amass using life's ground water taken into heavens for unnatural reaction.

Where does any science reaction be theoried first? Natural history. Mountains as mountains UFO radiated converted theme stopped by law as cold.

Law cold non reactive highest state.

Science should never seek I want highest state reason.....they apply a reaction to it.

Jews were Egyptian scientists victims. DNA changed. Their own victimisation life in Egyptian continent overlooked.

Rich elite always used their own human families to be slaves as overlord civilization owns first false human psyche claim. I am one higher than you.

In natural all humans are just human. Rich using technology also use false claims in self thinking conditions proven human behaviour.

Money not real. Claim choices by look how much money I spent versus surviving.

Jewish claim lived new attack on life by culture of ancient self so anmalagmated old info with new info. Named it Jewish Christian against new elite control. Roman Empire.

Whose status said we the elite could care less if you all die being occult irradiated sacrificed. Wording attack in description documents is coercive.

Reason we weren't scientists. Word symbolism as close to explanation to a human life as possible in attack of causes.

Known against in science as jew and Christian. By Elite status. Using technologies of their times.

Reason many romans then joined Christian movement also.

Jewish Christian Roman life sacrificed attacked by technology cause.

Reason their lives in their country rome began to get irradiated sacrificed. When it stopped the pyramid technology temple failed blew up.

Reason the elite never cared.

When elite agreed to technology the sacrifice of life was anyone's.

Non ability to time date radiation event in Rome X mass cause was never an amount calculated to claim to study research observe. Holes no longer owned the mass to say found evidence.

Increased radiation just means destruction.

No human ever knew just radiation and is impossible to know.

Rome then outlawed Alchemy as any change to the body earth God.

Reason for creation stories relative to man life changes the same theme different country attack. Condition UFO fallout cause.

The history of using name change. The reason title use is meaningless as we are all human first.

Reason for victimisation is preached when human choices are formed falsely. Based on use history of the sciences in creation.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
It is really a phenomenon, when Jews are in danger, then there is great noise in Europe and in the USA, but the persecution of Christians is ignored. Even the situation of Muslims in China has more attention; I wonder if Europe and the USA are still really Christian. Currently, Christians are indeed the most persecuted group in the world and have been for years and it gets little attention.
Open Doors International

"We welcome the report of the Bishop of Truro and the efforts of the Foreign Secretary in creating awareness around the plight of persecuted Christians all over the world. Christians are the most persecuted religious group and it is time that the UK government no longer turn a blind eye to this fact but commits to protecting their rights. The report outlines human rights abuses including extreme violence, threats, enslavement, kidnappings, rape, and even genocide." said Ryan Christopher

"Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or trouble, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? Just as it is written: “For Your sake we are killed all day long; We were regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us." said Paul the Apostle
I think there are two reasons.

1. The first is that in the west, Christianity is not persecuted. While it has gone down in popularity and doesn't enjoy being the King of the neighborhood anymore, it is still the most influential religion in western culture.

2. I think there is a general sense among a certain segment of society (I'm trying to carefully steer clear of politics) that Christianity was intolerant during its tenure as King of Culture, so if an occasional church gets vandalized, its just the chickens coming home to roost.

3. I actually DO see news reports of Christians in other areas of the world undergoing persecution. For example, it was terrible what ISIS did burning down Christian churches and taking Christian women as involuntary wives and slaves. I'm also very much aware of how dangerous it is to be a Christian in China.

The problem that most people have, myself included, is with normal American Christians whining about being persecuted, when that's really not happening at all. What's happening is that fewer and fewer Americans are Christian, and the rights of other religions are being increasingly enforced. That is NOTHING like what a Christian in China goes through, afraid that the police will raid his little house church at any second and send him to an ungodly prison for the rest of his life. American Christians need to be grateful, not act like victims.

Neuropteron

Yes it happens, there are almost 2.4 billion christians in the world, the numbers you provide in no way come close to the holocaust for example.

Perspective is a good thing.

Hi,

What your saying might be true, or it might not. I have no figure on the total sum of the iniquity of Christianity. However if we were to include the past, for instance the inquisition, I wonder.

More to the point perhaps, should we wait until Christianity commits mass genocide before we start criticizing it ?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hi,

What your saying might be true, or it might not. I have no figure on the total sum of the iniquity of Christianity. However if we were to include the past, for instance the inquisition, I wonder.

More to the point perhaps, should we wait until Christianity commits mass genocide before we start criticizing it ?

Murder / genocide, whats the difference but numbers

nPeace

Veteran Member
Religion is believed. Science is known.
What is science? Science is a study.
Scientists are debating what is "known". How is it known, and what exactly are you asserting is known?

So you're talking about Soviet Russia or China.
No. I did not limit Atheism to Russia and China, Do you? Why?

So not relevant to the USA.
Is that what you are saying? I believe beast can be quiet until they are hungry.
The future will tell. You'll hear the roar when it comes.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Right. They don't want their kids coming home from school and saying "Mom, do you know what Jesus said about the homeless and hungry?"
I don't care about religion being taught in school. I am all for religious beliefs being taught at home.
Even if it it taught at school, why do Atheist feel threatened by a view different to theirs though?
It seems to me they fear that people would think beyond the indoctrination of their belief system.

I find the same thing on many forums like these. It's much like silencing, or trying to silence religious people from presenting an alternative view.
Why can't people hear and see that alternative view, or views, and decide for themselves? What are the Atheists afraid of?

m1705.gif
Perhaps you can understand then, why we encourage our young people to avoid the institutes that promote the theory of evolution as a fact.
Next, our children would be coming home saying, "Mom. I'm an ape. I have cousins living in the jungle, and zoo. We should go visit them. Maybe take a gift for them, and celebrate..."
In fact, God knows what weird ideas they might get. They might start thinking they need to get rid of the weak among us, so the strong keep evolving - "special" selection - like the German Reich did.

Yes. It is one view against another, or differing views, since it's not just two, and each person must decide what they think is best for them and theirs. You seem to agree with that.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Even if it it taught at school, why do Atheist feel threatened by a view different to theirs though

As an atheist i can say nothing you believe threatens me. However when religion is taught as a valid alternative to science and education then there is a problem.

I can also say, as an atheist that your beliefs are no threat, religious threats on the other hand deserve treating as harshly as is required. And yes, i have been threatened by religious people quire, often, even on thus even handed forum

nPeace

Veteran Member
As an atheist i can say nothing you believe threatens me. However when religion is taught as a valid alternative to science and education then there is a problem.
What is the problem?
Why are people choosing to believe that Godzilla climbed the Eiffel tower, a problem?
Is it a problem that people are educated to live in the bush, rater than cities. That's education too, and they study, and have scientific consensus, based on experiment and observation.
Do you have a problem with that? Why?

I can also say, as an atheist that your beliefs are no threat, religious threats on the other hand deserve treating as harshly as is required. And yes, i have been threatened by religious people quire, often, even on thus even handed forum
Seems contrary to what you just said, but I'm listening to what you have to say.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Ten pages and I have yet to see the information on how to Underground Railroad the victims so they can come to freedom in a country happy to hate them for being illegal immigrants and deport them to the country that wants them dead.

ChristineM

Premium Member
What is the problem?
Why are people choosing to believe that Godzilla climbed the Eiffel tower, a problem?
Is it a problem that people are educated to live in the bush, rater than cities. That's education too, and they study, and have scientific consensus, based on experiment and observation.
Do you have a problem with that? Why?

Seems contrary to what you just said, but I'm listening to what you have to say.

Destroying education in the name of religion is the problem. Keep religion in church, keep education in school

I don't respond to straw men others than to say if thats all you got then much is explained.