• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are they ignoring the persecution of Christians?

Teritos

It is really a phenomenon, when Jews are in danger, then there is great noise in Europe and in the USA, but the persecution of Christians is ignored. Even the situation of Muslims in China has more attention; I wonder if Europe and the USA are still really Christian. Currently, Christians are indeed the most persecuted group in the world and have been for years and it gets little attention.
Open Doors International

"We welcome the report of the Bishop of Truro and the efforts of the Foreign Secretary in creating awareness around the plight of persecuted Christians all over the world. Christians are the most persecuted religious group and it is time that the UK government no longer turn a blind eye to this fact but commits to protecting their rights. The report outlines human rights abuses including extreme violence, threats, enslavement, kidnappings, rape, and even genocide." said Ryan Christopher

"Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or trouble, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? Just as it is written: “For Your sake we are killed all day long; We were regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us." said Paul the Apostle

exchemist

Veteran Member
It is really a phenomenon, when Jews are in danger, then there is great noise in Europe and in the USA, but the persecution of Christians is ignored. Even the situation of Muslims in China has more attention; I wonder if Europe and the USA are still really Christian. Currently, Christians are indeed the most persecuted group in the world and have been for years and it gets little attention.
Open Doors International

"We welcome the report of the Bishop of Truro and the efforts of the Foreign Secretary in creating awareness around the plight of persecuted Christians all over the world. Christians are the most persecuted religious group and it is time that the UK government no longer turn a blind eye to this fact but commits to protecting their rights. The report outlines human rights abuses including extreme violence, threats, enslavement, kidnappings, rape, and even genocide." said Ryan Christopher

"Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or trouble, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? Just as it is written: “For Your sake we are killed all day long; We were regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us." said Paul the Apostle
You have a point, certainly. However it is understandable that persecution of Jews has a high profile, for excellent reasons of recent European history. Everyone is rightly sensitive to it.

The Bishop of Truro's report is here: Interim Report | Christian Persecution Review

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I heard that a lot when I was a Christian, but I never knew it or was subject to religious persecution until after I left the church, when those warning me about how the world would persecute me ended up being the ones who were doing the persecuting.
Yeah, there's some nasty stuff in some parts. But the biggest religion and most accepted religion in the world being the world's most persecuted? I have my doubts.

Dogknox20

Open Doors International

Good question.... Could it be; "Christians are apathetic" they don't write their Government, they don't complain on the news!?
Could it be; Christians just roll over and take it.. Lazy or afraid!?
Could it be; Those in government, those with any authority to make a change are NOT Christian!? Example: in India the Government is Hindu the attacks on Christians are thus ignored!
Could it be; as with the "Tree Huggers" they keep on running for a government; "Position of Authority" over and over and over until one year they get someone in place then they proceed to fill positions under them with like minded people!? THEN.....

Teritos
then they are as hard to get them removed as cockroaches!
Could it be... There is a world wide conspiracy something like the Free Masons!?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Open Doors International is a trustworthy source.

Interesting but not precisely indipendent.

This puts Judaism as the most persecuted
Religious persecution - Wikipedia

This explains how right wing christian media have misrepresented the findings if various surveys
Are Christians the Most Persecuted Religion? Pew Report on Religious Harassment By L. Arik Greenberg, Ph.D. - World Religion News

Having said that, yes there are several countries where being christian can be a danger to health.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
New It is really a phenomenon, when Jews are in danger, then there is great noise in Europe and in the USA, but the persecution of Christians is ignored. Even the situation of Muslims in China has more attention; I wonder if Europe and the USA are still really Christian. Currently, Christians are indeed the most persecuted group in the world and have been for years and it gets little attention.
Persecution of Christians is rare. To the extent that persecution of Christians is an issue at all, it's often at the hands of other Christians.

Edit: when it comes to persecution, Christianity is much more often the one giving it out than the one taking it.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Wikipedia is a serious source, isn't it?
It is when there are more than 300 sourced references in the single article linked to.

I mean, yu do understand what the little numbers in brackets mean, right?

Or is it you merely dismiss wikipedia out of hand without even looking at the article?

I understand you dislike that it flat out refutes your bold empty claim:

Currently, Christians are indeed the most persecuted group in the world and have been for years and it gets little attention. {OP}

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
The sort of naivete and self delusion it takes to say Christians are the most persecuted group in the world boggles.

Which of those countries that persecute Christians don't also persecute pagans? Or LGBT? Or Jews? How many more Christians also persecute those groups?
There are times when I honestly wonder if Christians are mixing up their being persecuted with their persecuting of others....

PureX

Veteran Member
Sure, but they are also incredibly annoying. So ya gotta figure on some blow-back.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Persecution of Christians is rare. To the extent that persecution of Christians is an issue at all, it's often at the hands of other Christians.

Edit: when it comes to persecution, Christianity is much more often the one giving it out than the one taking it.
If we look at places like certain countries in Africa, Middle East, and Asia, it's there. Often at the hands of Muslims.
But Christians have certainly played their role and have not acted to end the cycles of butchery and vengeance.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Wow, lots of denialism and even implied approval. No wonder people don't care. The West hates its Christian heritage and Westerners now spit on Christianity, so of course people aren't concerned. The media doesn't talk about it, either, but they have their own agenda.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Sure, but they are also incredibly annoying. So ya gotta figure on some blow-back.
That's disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself for posting that. And you say you're some sort of "Christian". Hmm. I mean, Christianity in the Middle East has been all but decimated in many areas over the past 15 years or so. But I guess they deserved it. :rolleyes: