• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are theistic views of the world so limited?

gnostophiliac

Looking good
Many theists, and in particular creationists, seem to see god as a one-trick pony. Create the world, blam, job done, no more aces left. I see a universe of unimaginable splendour, changing and growing all the time in a fascinating dance that no single event could hope to compare. It's rather like going to an everlasting fireworks event, taking a single snapshot and saying "There it is - that is all my god can manage".

Can god not be greater than that?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I'm a theist, and I believe God is both immanent, within our psyches, which are, BTW, very limited, and transcendent as the Ultimate Reality, which cannot be comprehended by our brains.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm a theist too and I think my world view is almost psychotically limitless.

Basically I believe everything your typical agnostic believes and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Metempsychosis

Reincarnation of 'Anti-religion'
I am theist agnostic towards creationism.;).This event of past is of no use to me.Most of the creationist stories don't lend themselves well to reason.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Why are theistic views of the world so limited?

The more obvious and pertinent question is:
Why are your views of theism so limited?

Arkholt

Non-vessel
One trick pony? For Christians, there's the whole Jesus and the miracles and the whole dying on the cross for the sins of the world thing... Creation plus the cross is at least two tricks, and how many miracles did he do?

Then we get to all the other stuff you're talking about.

dust1n

Zindīq
Non-theism is the opposite of limiting.

Although determination limits it to the fullest extent.

yogidog

I see the universe as you see it; dynamic, and like a collosal ballet dancer. I believe it was created by an awesome creator with an unfathomable intellect. But that he did this all in six 24 hour days is silly, and not the way the bible portrays it. If you go to watchtower.org and type universe in the search engine, you will find some awesome articles.