• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are some religious people "afraid" of science?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The thing is with that is you're assigning an agent where there is none.

I know this sounds redundant but if god works the laws of physics, you'd have to describe which god that is.

It has to be a god that all can agree so when we decide if physics are a sign of god via the natural world, we are on the same page.

If not it's just from your understanding. Science doesn't work by that. It's biased. So, I couldn't see how God could do that. Educate the savage?

(By the way. Science has no disbelievers. If physics are actual signs from a specific god )a creator) our beliefs/disbeliefs would be irrelevant; it would be fact)
Maybe the word God can not be used in discussion of science vs religious belief?

King Phenomenon

Let's see... the same things that have happened before when faith feels threatened: persecution, suppression, crucifxions, burnings, exile, house arrests, gassings?
I said actually does away with religion.
Well since I said I’d give you one shot I guess that was your one shot so I’ll tell you.

A new religion would pop up

You know that.

Religion will always exist

King Phenomenon

True, but religion is known for creating terrors. Terrors of the unknown, of a wrathful and angry god, demons and devils, sins and superstition.
Actually people like you and me who have conversations like this accomplish nothing like most of the conversations here on RF unfortunately. Anyway, one person says religion causes terror the other person says terror would exist without religion. Its ridiculous actually. Maybe you can help by sharing stories of people who are religious and changed but still remained religious and I could help by sharing stories of non-religious people who have changed but are still not religious. At least it would be a helpful conversation. After all people do change.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My teacher in sufism always tell me, be skeptical, investigate find answers.
Sound a bit like science
Maybe -- but what investigational modalities does Sufism recommend? Does the investigation produce measurable, repeatable, falsifiable results?

Perhaps unfortunately, our shared, mysticism-based world-views are not really science-based.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I said actually does away with religion.
Well since I said I’d give you one shot I guess that was your one shot so I’ll tell you.

A new religion would pop up

You know that.

Religion will always exist
You may be right. We'll always have to be on our guard. Meanwhile, progressive social policies and security have seriously diminished religiosity in much of western Europe. Maybe we should pursue this approach, to keep the threat in check.
What think you?

King Phenomenon

You may be right. We'll always have to be on our guard. Meanwhile, progressive social policies and security have seriously diminished religiosity in much of western Europe. Maybe we should pursue this approach, to keep the threat in check.
What think you?
Anything for the betterment of society’s.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Maybe -- but what investigational modalities does Sufism recommend? Does the investigation produce measurable, repeatable, falsifiable results?

Perhaps unfortunately, our shared, mysticism-based world-views are not really science-based.
Its the metaphysical inward science

King Phenomenon

What think you?
Maybe when/if all the religions today fail and a new one pops up you won’t have to be on guard. Maybe a worse one will pop up. Maybe none will pop up and things will get worse. Maybe none will pop up and things will get better. There are different scenarios reguarding future outcomes. Idk.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Maybe when/if all the religions today fail and a new one pops up you won’t have to be on guard. Maybe a worse one will pop up. Maybe none will pop up and things will get worse. Maybe none will pop up and things will get better. There are different scenarios reguarding future outcomes. Idk.
Its a pop up religion :p

King Phenomenon

Nothing Will be Poppin until all our resources are drained and we have to go back to living off the land. Nobody takes pop-up religions serious now
Oh wait a second I don’t believe that. I believe Gid has other plans
lol
Almost forgot there for a second
how silly of me

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Its the metaphysical inward science
Metaphysical and inward, true -- but not "science." It may be consistent with science, in some respects; it may posit some accepted scientific facts, but it's not a reproducible, measurable, testable phenomenon.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Actually people like you and me who have conversations like this accomplish nothing like most of the conversations here on RF unfortunately. Anyway, one person says religion causes terror the other person says terror would exist without religion. Its ridiculous actually. Maybe you can help by sharing stories of people who are religious and changed but still remained religious and I could help by sharing stories of non-religious people who have changed but are still not religious. At least it would be a helpful conversation. After all people do change.
Or I make my point that without sin there is no fear of hell and divine retribution.

King Phenomenon

Nothing Will be Poppin until all our resources are drained and we have to go back to living off the land. Nobody takes pop-up religions serious now
Maybe this question comes as a "shock" to someone that i ask since i am known for not trusting science :)
(meaning i am not afraid of science, just not see it as a valid way to answer certain questions)

But here we go...
1: Why are some religious people "afraid" of science?
2: Is there truly a way for science to disprove God or deities?
3: IF there is no "verifiable" proof of God, does that means God can not exist?
4: If science one day did discover Gods existence, does all religions fall away then? or does this part of science fall away?
God’s all in the DNA man.
Yeah man that’s where he’s at.
Ha ha