• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are some non-Christians so interested in Christianity?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
OK, got it. Bahaullah is the manifestation of Jesus, but not the manifestation of the Mahdi. What is the difference between the two? Did Bahaullah choose to be a replacement for Jesus and choose not to be the Mahdi?
Baha'u'llah was not a Manifestation of Jesus, He was a Manifestation of God. Jesus was also a Manifestation of God. There have been many Manifestations of God throughout history, such as Abraham, Krishna, Moses, Zoroaster, Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad, the Bab and Baha’u’llah. The Bab was a Manifestation of God and the return of the promised Mahdi.

All the Manifestations of God were needed for the ages in which they appeared. Then later, after they have completed their mission on Earth and God deems it necessary, God sends another Manifestation to help guide humanity to the next stage of its spiritual evolution Manifestations of God do not "replace" former Manifestations of God, they just bring a new Revelation from God that is pertinent to the times in which they appear. They bring a new message and teachings and laws that meet the needs humanity has in that age.

“The All-Knowing Physician hath His finger on the pulse of mankind. He perceiveth the disease, and prescribeth, in His unerring wisdom, the remedy. Every age hath its own problem, and every soul its particular aspiration. The remedy the world needeth in its present-day afflictions can never be the same as that which a subsequent age may require. Be anxiously concerned with the needs of the age ye live in, and center your deliberations on its exigencies and requirements.”

Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 213

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
Baha'u'llah was not a Manifestation of Jesus, He was a Manifestation of God. Jesus was also a Manifestation of God.
You said in your previous post " Baha'is are not waiting for Jesus because we believe that Baha'u'llah was the return of the Christ Spirit" Now you are saying he was not manifestation of Jesus. So Bahaullah is not a manifestation of Jesus, just of the Christ Spirit? But the Bab is totally the Mahdi? Or is he manifestation of the Mahdi Spirit?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Atheists, Muslims, Bahai, etc. What gives? Why are you so interested in this religion? What is the value in studying it, or picking it apart?

Sorry, I don't get it. Help me out.

Personally I have enough time figuring out and becoming skilled at my own religion, let alone another one that doesn't suit me.
Because many millions of us are subjected to it against our will in Western cultures or countries that Christians occupied and forced it on the populace. Canada is about as post-Christian as Northern Europe is now so I don't really expect you to understand.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You said in your previous post " Baha'is are not waiting for Jesus because we believe that Baha'u'llah was the return of the Christ Spirit" Now you are saying he was not manifestation of Jesus. So Bahaullah is not a manifestation of Jesus, just of the Christ Spirit? But the Bab is totally the Mahdi? Or is he manifestation of the Mahdi Spirit?
Sorry for the confusion.
I think it would help to keep these two things separate.

1. Baha'is are not waiting for Jesus because we believe that Baha'u'llah was the return of the Christ Spirit. What Jesus promised was to send His Spirit. The Christ Spirit is the Holy Spirit because it is the Spirit of God. Jesus never promised to return in the same physical body He had when He lived 2000 years ago. That means that the same man Jesus is not going to return.

2. Baha'u'llah was not a Manifestation of Jesus; He was a Manifestation of God. Jesus does not have a Manifestation because Jesus is a Manifestation (of God).

A Manifestation of God is a Messenger of God. Below is an apt description of a Manifestation of God.

“Unto this subtle, this mysterious and ethereal Being He hath assigned a twofold nature; the physical, pertaining to the world of matter, and the spiritual, which is born of the substance of God Himself. He hath, moreover, conferred upon Him a double station. The first station, which is related to His innermost reality, representeth Him as One Whose voice is the voice of God Himself. To this testifieth the tradition: “Manifold and mysterious is My relationship with God. I am He, Himself, and He is I, Myself, except that I am that I am, and He is that He is.” …. The second station is the human station, exemplified by the following verses: “I am but a man like you.” “Say, praise be to my Lord! Am I more than a man, an apostle?” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 66-67

The Bab is the Mahdi, not a Manifestation of the Mahdi Spirit. The Mahdi does not have a Manifestation because the Mahdi (the Bab) is a Manifestation of God.

So Jesus, the Bab, and Baha’u’llah were all Manifestations of God. They manifested God and brought the Holy Spirit to humanity.

Mahdī, (Arabic: “guided one”) in Islamic eschatology, a messianic deliverer who will fill earth with justice and equity, restore true religion, and usher in a short golden age lasting seven, eight, or nine years before the end of the world. The Qurʾān does not mention him.
mahdi | Definition, Islam, & Eschatology | BritannicaT

The description above is an accurate description of the Mahdi, with one exception. The Bab was a messianic deliverer filled the earth with justice and equity, restored true religion, and ushered in a short golden age lasting nine years, but that age continued with the coming of Baha’u’llah, it did not end. It says end of the world but what it should say is end of an age, because the world was not supposed to end, only the previous age was supposed to end, when the new age was ushered in by the Bab in 1844 AD.

Last edited:

Fallen Prophet

Atheists, Muslims, Bahai, etc. What gives? Why are you so interested in this religion? What is the value in studying it, or picking it apart?

Sorry, I don't get it. Help me out.

Personally I have enough time figuring out and becoming skilled at my own religion, let alone another one that doesn't suit me.
Most people tend to want to know or understand more about ideas that have significant impacts on the world.