• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are so many christians closed-minded? (my rant)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Christian way is the only way for them. What I don't understand is why so many nonbelievers try to change us. If non Christians were truly open minded they wouldn't care about what we were believing. But no you honestly believe we're wrong You want us to say their are other ways causing us to deny our faith. This would be damnation to us.

Christians do not live in a separate world. They influence and are influenced by others, so it is not reasonable to expect or desire others not to care about them in any way.

jaredkinsley

I agree completely. I consider myself spiritual but I don't really affiliate with any church. But as you can imagine, growing up in the southern U.S. I encounter Christians everyday. Most of the discussions and conversations though have been fruitless. I try to think that I'm being open but the other person often just digs in their feet and we just waste time.

If this was The World Table, I would have given you a high score for your comment Rex! Although I don't think too many people know about it yet. It's a fairly new site I think. But the conversations so far are great. Anywho, people should be free to respectfully voice their opinions and ideals in a mature environment with those who want to learn!

ladybug77

Its not just christians that are closed minded...its wide and far...some fear they are wrong...some fear they are right...but need to convert everyone to 'save' them...(look beyond that...thats not the reason...they dont want to 'save' anyone else...hidden motive they might not even realize...they are afraid of the possibilty that something might make since they never believed in before...then what? Total religious shock...denial...ya know.) ....the irony in it all....is that we are ALL right. We shouldnt catorgorize our beliefs into 'religions' anyways...catorgorizing merely seperates us from eachother...when arent we suppose to be coming together?? We are all unique...and free to be different. :) when we learn to accept that...the rest is easy.

Call_of_the_Wild

I went to a christian chat room on MSN. We were discussing the validity of the scripures and was it faithfully preserved by the early Orthodox Church. I politely listened to this person's opinion but when I gave my views on the subject, the moderator kicked my out.

Christians shove their views down your throat but they don't want to hear what the other person have to say.

It's wrong! :mad:

I can ask the same question regarding unbelievers.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I went to a christian chat room on MSN. We were discussing the validity of the scripures and was it faithfully preserved by the early Orthodox Church. I politely listened to this person's opinion but when I gave my views on the subject, the moderator kicked my out.

Christians shove their views down your throat but they don't want to hear what the other person have to say.

It's wrong! :mad:

This could be applied to anyone regardless of their religious beliefs, or lack thereof.

I think a more accurate question could be: "Why are so many people in general closed minded?".