• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are so many Biden staffers paying for protestors to get out of jail

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Helping people fund their pretrial bail, seems a reasonable cause.
Some will be totally innocent and others absolutely guilty.
All will be released under severe bail conditions.
So I can not see a problem.

74x12

Terry Sampson

There are many people coming from out of state to fan the flames of problems. Why would Biden supporters throw their weight toward inappropriate responses like that?

There is certainly a right to peaceful protest. Violence and looting? There is no such right.
Whoa! Isn't there a limit on unfounded assumptions in an OP?
  • "There are many people coming from out of state to fan the flames of problems."
    • How many are coming from out of state for that purpose.
  • Why would Biden supporters throw their weight toward inappropriate responses like that?
    • I'm a Biden supporter and I suspect that a lot of people in my family, in my wife's family, and through out this nation are. Are they all donating to a fund to help violent, looting protestors get out of jail? In your dreams.
    • Count 'em: 13 protestors. That's five fingers on one hand, five fingers on your other hand, and your ears and nose. 13 protestors. Do you know for a fact that each and every one of them was violent, looting, syphilitic, godless, serial-killing, domestic terrorist? G-e-t-t-a grip.

74x12

You can see how they planned it. They likely wanted us all locked down and bored so we would have nothing better to do than riot in the streets. People lost their job, everyone already has masks on everywhere so it's perfect time for chaos in the streets. Oh yeah, and no distractions. No sports, no bars, no clubs, not even restaurants. That's why Rome had bread and circuses to amuse the crowds.

Worst of all though ... no church. Church gatherings are spiritually powerful they can shake the foundations of hell. The scripture commands the church not to forsake the assembling of themselves. The scripture says the church is the salt of the earth but if the churches lose their flavor then they might be trampled in the streets. Because the churches are holding back evil with their unity, worship and prayers.

I saw all the cars packed on the freeway and someone said "they're all going away" and I knew he meant away from God. I believe people are going away from God. (John 6:66)

I suggest precautionary stocking up on food and water. If food shortages occur then everything else will seem trivial.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
You can see how they planned it. They likely wanted us all locked down and bored so we would have nothing better to do than riot in the streets. People lost their job, everyone already has masks on everywhere so it's perfect time for chaos in the streets. Oh yeah, and no distractions. No sports, no bars, no clubs, not even restaurants. That's why Rome had bread and circuses to amuse the crowds.

Worst of all though ... no church. Church gatherings are spiritually powerful they can shake the foundations of hell. The scripture commands the church not to forsake the assembling of themselves. The scripture says the church is the salt of the earth but if the churches lose their flavor then they might be trampled in the streets. Because the churches are holding back evil with their unity, worship and prayers.

I saw all the cars packed on the freeway and someone said "they're all going away" and I knew he meant away from God. I believe people are going away from God. (John 6:66)

I suggest precautionary stocking up on food and water. If food shortages occur then everything else will seem trivial.

So now you are trying to cause a food shortage by panic buying.
That seems stupid in the extreme.

74x12

So now you are trying to cause a food shortage by panic buying.
That seems stupid in the extreme.
Yep, because the entire world is going to read my insignificant RF post and mob the stores? You really think so? I wish I was that important.

There is really no need to mob the stores anyway. Buying a bit extra when you're at the store will slowly build your supplies up.

FEMA recommends people have food and water supplies for at least 3 days as part of basic disaster preparedness. Note emphasis on at least.

QuestioningMind

There are many people coming from out of state to fan the flames of problems. Why would Biden supporters throw their weight toward inappropriate responses like that?

There is certainly a right to peaceful protest. Violence and looting? There is no such right.

Biden campaign staffers donate to group that bails out jailed Minneapolis protesters: report

What I find inappropriate is that there are people who call themselves true Americans who don't support bailing out people who were protesting against the emerging police state that we find ourselves living in. If we don't support the people that the police have arrested for protesting against the police state our democracy is already lost. This isn't a single state's problem, this is a national dilemma that we have to rise up as a nation to defeat.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Yep, because the entire world is going to read my insignificant RF post and mob the stores? You really think so? I wish I was that important.

There is really no need to mob the stores anyway. Buying a bit extra when you're at the store will slowly build your supplies up.

FEMA recommends people have food and water supplies for at least 3 days as part of basic disaster preparedness. Note emphasis on at least.

I always keep in at least three weeks food. However some of it is dozen. So not good for a power outage. But in 80 years I can not remember one of more than 4 hours. But they do happen.

Shaul

Premium Member
Isn’t it obvious? The Biden camp wants them out on bail so they can vote in November. ;)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Biden campaign staffers donate to group that bails out jailed Minneapolis protesters: report

I would say this is an example of Biden's mentality. He's not breaking the law by bailing them out. They still have to go to court to answer for their crimes, but it certainly doesn't look right from where I'm standing.

A criminal is a criminal and does not matter one bit if that person was wearing an antifa mask or a police uniform. It can be construed as pandering for votes as he's essentially supporting those people who have demonstrated criminal behavior and intent.

Tambourine

I would say this is an example of Biden's mentality. He's not breaking the law by bailing them out. They still have to go to court to answer for their crimes, but it certainly doesn't look right from where I'm standing.

A criminal is a criminal and does not matter one bit if that person was wearing an antifa mask or a police uniform.
Police are supposed to serve the state and get considerable legal privileges to fulfill that function, so a criminal in a police uniform will get away with way, way more than someone bearing an Antifa logo, especially in light of the latter being declared a Terrorist Organisation, and thus likely coming under near-permanent surveillance.

If you don't want people to be bailed out with money, then why have the system in the first place? You could just lock up everyone in jail until their trial is announced, which is how many European states run things.

Twilight Hue

What I find inappropriate is that there are people who call themselves true Americans who don't support bailing out people who were protesting against the emerging police state that we find ourselves living in. If we don't support the people that the police have arrested for protesting against the police state our democracy is already lost. This isn't a single state's problem, this is a national dilemma that we have to rise up as a nation to defeat.
Well at least people are waking up to the fact that we are quickly turning into a police state. I don't expect either the Republicans or the Democrats to rectify that problem.

Twilight Hue

Police are supposed to serve the state and get considerable legal privileges to fulfill that function, so a criminal in a police uniform will get away with way, way more than someone bearing an Antifa logo, especially in light of the latter being declared a Terrorist Organisation, and thus likely coming under near-permanent surveillance.

Why don't you think other people should pay for bail?

Like I said it's not illegal but I'm not too happy if I was somebody who would see it as taxpayer money being spent on freeing criminals.

In terms of fairness, I think most people will be processed in and released with a court appearance ticket anyways with the most serious offenders staying behind bars.

At least I hope so.

Tambourine

Like I said it's not illegal but I'm not too happy if I was somebody who would see it as taxpayer money being spent on freeing criminals.
What taxpayer money?
In terms of fairness, I think most people will be processed in and released with a court appearance ticket anyways with the most serious offenders staying behind bars.

At least I hope so.
Don't you think the police would have a vested interest in keeping anti-police protesters behind bars?

Twilight Hue

What taxpayer money?

Don't you think the police would have a vested interest in keeping anti-police protesters behind bars?

Didn't they say Biden was planning on bailing them out? I might have read that wrong however.

I don't think the police could legally do that if a person has a set bail and it gets paid.

I agree with you though the police themselves would have a very vested interest to keep them behind bars if for nothing but fraternal reasons.

Tambourine

Didn't they say Biden was planning on bailing them out? I might have read that wrong however.
EDIT: Nevermind, the top comment was about staffers from his campaign. I would have assumed they would do that with their own private money, as I can't see how they would be able to appropriate public funds.

I don't think the police could legally do that if a person has a set bail and it gets paid.

I agree with you though the police themselves would have a very vested interest to keep them behind bars if for nothing but fraternal reasons.
Bail money is usually in the thousands of dollars isn't it? I can't see an average protester just casually putting down that kind of money, without access to either a donation fund, or wealthy patrons.