• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are so many attached to wealth?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I am agree with you, it is not wrong to own objects in life, but i see it is a problem in a spiritual life to cling to objects we buy or gain. they are there for some time, then they are gone. or lost. and when we die we can not bring them with us

Yes! Agreed!
A big problem!

I have this strange psycho-condition, a treasured gift. The more possessions I gather around myself, so the more depressed I become.

And so, whenever I feel down at heart, or sad, I gather together lots of my collected things and either give them to the charity shops or to friends that would like certain items, or I go and deal with them all for some single item that I might fancy. And afterwards I feel on top of the world....... more free. Of course, being married to my lovely wife I cannot involve any of the things which she treasures, just personal stuff of my own.

And the amazing thing is, the most wonderful 'things' keep falling in to my lap. This week I went to the first boot-fair of the summer and at 9am hordes of people rushed amongst the sale-tables in frantic haste for bargains. I strolled slowly through the boot-fair and amazing bargains just called out for my attention. My wife collects 80mm glass 'diamonds' in various colours.... I searched all over the World on ebay to add to her collection and have not found any additional colours for many years until that boot fair, when I found 2 more new colours for her for £2 each. :) I also bought a toy cannon for £1 which I guessed might be a real 19th century working black-powder cannon... it is etc etc....

Stuff comes and goes like the air that I breath...... I don't collect air! :D

Shantanu

Wealth for me is just the ability to put food on the table and a roof over your head and paying your bills. Add in a few luxuries like a hobby and some form of entertainment.

Those who can be self-sufficient at a comfortable minimum are richer than anybody else in the entire world.

I think the quest for monetary wealth is a sickness yet is hardwired into our collective instincts.
It is nice to think that above all the necessities one has a little something left for a rainy day. That is about the limit of my ambitions for wealth. I did however sue the British State for £10 million for systematic State-organised persecution. It got nowhere. So be it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Right. We can't take anything, physical or not.
We can't take anything physical to the spiritual world because the spiritual world is purely spiritual.
We can only take our soul, which takes on a form of some kind, a spiritual body.