1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are School shooters always male?

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by PopeADope, Aug 20, 2019.

1. PopeADope

PopeADope Habemus papam

Ratings:
    +5,820
    Religion:
    Amish Taliban
    I'm sure there must be some exceptions to the rule.

I haven't googled it to find exceptions but I'm sure they exist.

However, every school shooter that I can recall hearing about here in America has been male.

Why do you think that is, and do you think testosterone plays a large role in it?

(I remember living in a foster home that was a farm, and much of the bad behavior seen in bulls, was prevented if you removed their testicles at a young age. I'm not suggesting that is a solution, but interesting nonetheless how much having balls affects a mammals behavior.)

2. Labourwave

Ratings:
    +3,444
    Most are white guys.

Columbine shooter was a literal nazi and media was too busy talking about videogames and guns because they were incapable of talking about racism for some reason.

I'd imagine it's because social majoritys are the most vulnerable to reactionary propaganda & ideology. Nothing to do with testosterone.

#2 Labourwave, Aug 20, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  3. MikeDwight

MikeDwight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84
    Religion:
    Presbyterian
    Like Seung-Hui Cho - Wikipedia and everyone at the Korean Presbyterian Church Abroad had an apology letter in Korean. Oh! Its a Korean doing bad things about Jesus. And Just in Case, everybody needed an apology letter, you know, on a crappy website, in Korean, its over there, oh. oh.

4. Labourwave

Ratings:
    +3,444
    Wha?

5. PopeADope

PopeADope Habemus papam

Ratings:
    +5,820
    Religion:
    Amish Taliban
    At the foster home, Bulls would charge through fences, destroy property, and be very dangerous animals, but not commit any of those problems if their testicles were removed. What a cross to carry it is for some creatures to have bollocks :p

6. ChristineM

ChristineM "Be strong" I whispered to my coffee.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10,981
    Religion:
    None
    Not only are they (mostly) male and (mostly) white, they mostly seem to be or have had a christian upbringing.

As to castration, probability would work but a bugger to have to remove the testicles of every male to ensure you got every one who would turn shooter.

An alternative method, perhaps as effective is change the law to guarantee that every school shooter will be castrated at the neck.

7. Nakosis

Nakosis crystal soldier
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,887
    Religion:
    Atheist Libertarian
    I have a theory that White males have been demonized a lot lately. Maybe easy to feel that the world is against you as a White male.

8. Labourwave

Ratings:
    +3,444
    "Wow I'm so demonized in the media, I'm going to go shoot up a school i'm so mad about it"

9. PopeADope

PopeADope Habemus papam

Ratings:
    +5,820
    Religion:
    Amish Taliban
    I live in the poor areas of cities so usually most of the shootings and crimes come from minorities, so maybe there is a link between different ethnicities being more likely to commit different types of crimes, and of course poverty.

10. PopeADope

PopeADope Habemus papam

Ratings:
    +5,820
    Religion:
    Amish Taliban
    People find all kinds of reasons. The Korean shooter who shot up Virginia tech said Jesus Christ made him do it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. PopeADope

PopeADope Habemus papam

Ratings:
    +5,820
    Religion:
    Amish Taliban
    White males are also more likely to be serial killers, but to be fair, statistics show that far more homicides come from minorities than white people in the USA.

I'm not denying that poverty is a factor.

12. Labourwave

Ratings:
    +3,444
    The fact that Non-white males are statistically much more likely to be convicted for homicides in the US than white males, but white men remain the largest demographic of school shooters is evidence that there are much more relevant factors than just testosterone, no?

These shootings are not just caused by emotional outburst, as these shooters typically have a worldview which they use to justify their actions in their own eyes.

13. PureX

PureX Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +4,159
    Religion:
    Philosophical Taoist/Christian
    It's a very good question, and one that we should certainly be looking into (but mostly are not).

• Like Like x 1
  14. InChrist

InChrist Free4ever

Ratings:
    +1,364
    • Like Like x 1
  15. 74x12

74x12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +712
    Religion:
    Itiswhatitis
    Honestly, I think world controllers are just doing this to make sure you guys react operately to their proposals.

16. Vinayaka

Vinayaka devotee
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12,567
    Religion:
    Saivite Hindu
    How would you answer the corollary ... why are women not doing mass shootings?

17. Nakosis

Nakosis crystal soldier
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,887
    Religion:
    Atheist Libertarian
    Dude, your really asking for the FBI to show up at your door.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. PopeADope

PopeADope Habemus papam

Ratings:
    +5,820
    Religion:
    Amish Taliban
    Lack of family jewels

19. Saint Frankenstein

Saint Frankenstein Pyrphóros ⚡ Lux Aeterna
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +13,758
    Religion:
    Olympianism (Hellenic polytheism)
    Eric Harris, one of the Columbine killers, wasn't really a Nazi or anything in particular. He aimed his hatred towards everyone. He railed against both racists and non-whites in his journal. He was just a psychopath with a God-like ego who viewed other humans as insects.

20. Saint Frankenstein

Saint Frankenstein Pyrphóros ⚡ Lux Aeterna
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +13,758
    Religion:
    Olympianism (Hellenic polytheism)
    Yeah, that's not it. Most have psychopathic (sadistic and narcissistic) or psychotic (delusional) personalities. Some have a mixture of both traits. There are factors that exacerbate the situation and lead them down the road to violence. There isn't some clean-cut moral reasoning that Christians love to comfort themselves with.

Good resource:
    School Shooters .info | Resources on school shootings, perpetrators, and prevention