• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are people afraid of creationism?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
But it wasn't always a chicken egg. If that's the logic then it's just a useless trick question.

The question isn't "what came first the chicken or the chicken-egg"
The question is just "chicken or egg".

If you want to change it to the first question, then the answer is "none - they evolved simultanously"

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
There's evidence for the teachings. No, I don't question the teachings.

OK, for me, that is problematic. We should question all beliefs. We may decide, based on evidence, that they are correct. But we should still challenge them. We should see which beliefs the evidence supports. If two systems of beliefs seem to work, we should try to find a test that distinguishes them.

And, yes, that include religious, political, scientific, mathematical, artistic, and all other types of beliefs.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
But it wasn't always a chicken egg. If that's the logic then it's just a useless trick question.

No, it was NOT always a chicken egg, just as the ancestors were not always chickens. Species change over time.

And again, there is no a fine line between 'chicken' and 'non-chicken'. And hazy lines mean transitions can happen where everything looks similar at each step, but the ends are very different.

night912

Then you can't say the egg came first because that was the first chicken. The implication was quite clear. You even affirmed it. Inclining to illogical thinking is a fault in intelligence.
The egg came before the chicken but the chicken came before the chicken egg.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
bba49105b8bde3ecfba477d8c8d73ee2.jpg