• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are mtf Trans people more common than ftm? Or are they

Hi all, I was wondering why when you see people who are trans most of them are male to female? Why does it seem that female to male transsexuals are more uncommon? Or are they? Are the numbers the same or similar? I just don't know. The reason I'm asking is i watch a lot of anti 3rd wave feminist, anti sjw videos and whenever you see someone as a trans person who's actually transitioned, not just using the status as a type of victim status, it's always mtf, so I was doing some thinking on the subject was thinking that it could be part of some sort of larger psychological pathology affecting parts of society that's growing larger and more complex the closer we march closer towards Ragnarok. Anyway, in interested to hear your opinions on this. Thanks in advance

vaguelyhumanoid

...some sort of larger psychological pathology affecting parts of society that's growing larger and more complex the closer we march closer towards Ragnarok.

Oh for fvck's sake, what do you know of actual heathen religion? Oðinn himself would be considered gender-variant by the standards of his society, practicing feminine magic and disguising himself as a woman multiple times. I have absolutely zero patience for macho wannabe heathens with the moral worldview of Protestant fundamentalists.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
Sentence 1-5: Somewhat interesting set of questions.

I guess you can google it.

Sentence 6: Run on sentence that is overflowing with crazy sauce.

Stop watching those videos and, unless you happen to be trans or have a friend who is, just get on with your life.

Sentence 7-8: Respectful query for opinions.

See my answer to sentence 6.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Wtf. FYI, there's probably about an equal proportion of FtMs and MtFs. MtFs just tend to get more attention in society because femininity in a male-bodied person is viewed as being more controversial than masculinity in female-bodied people is, generally, so MtFs are under much more scrutiny than FtMs are. It's due to sexism. Also, FtMs are typically able to blend in easier after starting testosterone therapy.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Scientifically, there are no real concrete answers but many speculations, such as how FtMs typically blend in much better than MtFs, and because it's more acceptable for women to act masculine, which may have an effect on the number of those reporting as trans. There could be an equal amount, but it's not even actually known how many in the population are trans either way, and we have nothing but estimations that are difficult to make. Sex and gender are complicated subjects, and we've barely brushed the snow off the tip of the iceberg.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Wtf. FYI, there's probably about an equal proportion of FtMs and MtFs. MtFs just tend to get more attention in society because femininity in a male-bodied person is viewed as being more controversial than masculinity in female-bodied people is, generally, so MtFs are under much more scrutiny than FtMs are. It's due to sexism. Also, FtMs are typically able to blend in easier after starting testosterone therapy.
It's not just scrutiny and attention, but even with those seeking treatment MtFs outnumber FtMs. It's not known or understood why this happens.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
https://tgmentalhealth.com/tag/prevalence/
The numbers even in different countries under different definitions of inclusion hold that MtFs outnumber FtM. However, even as this article mentions, the relative ease that FtMs have in passing may be why the number is skewed, and because we only have crude estimations of the total population who are trans, we don't know if this skew is actually there and if so why. Many actually do believe the numbers are much closer, but this skew appears to be because FtMs have a much easier time passing often without any treatment, but this has not been proven.