• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are most terrorists Sunni Muslims?

ronki23

They don't prove your claim.

You obviously didn't look at them then. The Ba'ath party was influenced by Amin al-Husseini. One of the founders, Zaki al-Arsuzi was a Nazi

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 0

ronki23

I don't think you understand what Sufis are if you think that Sunnis (or Shia for that matter) can't be Sufis.

It's not anything like the same concept, but think of the term evangelical and how it can be applied to many different types of Christian with very different beliefs.

Sufis can be either Sunni or Shia. I like Sufis and I also like Ahmadis. Shirdi Sai Baba was born a Muslim, as was Kabir. Several bhagats of Sri Guru Granth Sahib and Bhai Mardana were Sufi . The word 'Allah' is used many times in Sri Guru Granth Sahib and Guru Nanak even went to Makkah.

I'm not saying the majority of Muslims are supporting these acts by Al Qaeda and ISIS but the majority of the perpetrators are Sunni AND a sizeable amount are anti Semitic, anti American, and believe 9/11 was an inside job. Can't they admit that these are Sunnis?!

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Ba'ath party are a political movement, not religious. And it also comprises of Sunnis. Its roots lie with the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem. They're literally the Muslim wing of the Nazi party
Ba'athists are fascists, not NAZIs, as such. Either way, what's your point?

LionLooking

I was going to say that in the UK a large amount of criminals whore involved in selling dodgy merchandise, theft, gangs and grooming are Pakistanis
Maybe (do you have any statistics to back up your claim?). The vast majority of criminals here in the UK are white.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
I wasn't for a moment suggesting that no one who criticises Israel is antisemitic, mmerely that criticising Israel is not, by itself, indicitive of antisemitism.

Fair enough; I went off on a bit of a tangent there. I wasn't trying to imply you were suggesting this by any means :)

On a related point, it is kind of interesting watching some of the crazier religious right wing groups in the US at the moment, who most assuredly are antisemitic, yet demand unconditional support for Israel.

I cannot disagree with this. This phenomenon, in my opinion, is some of the most concentrated political cynicism in the Western world. 'We hate the Jews but we'll support Israel so long as its existence ensures Jesus comes back and all unbelievers will burn!'.

It's disgusting, really.

ronki23

Here are some statistics that support my hypothesis that the majority of Sunnis refuse to blame themselves for their sins

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image.png
    image.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 0
  • image.png
    image.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 0

ronki23

Why are there different labels attached to Sunni extremism i.e. Qutb, Salafi, Deobandi,etc.? These are all Sunni groups and the majority of Sunnis are anti Semitic and 9/11 conspiracists.

sooda

Veteran Member
Osama bin Laden
Ayman Al Zawahiri
Mullah Omar
Abu Bakr al Baghdadi
Sayyid Qutb
Yassin (debatable as he could be argued to be a freedom fighter but I'd give that label to Arafat)

In Sunni majority countries there is no freedom of religion and the apostasy from Islam is death. Most Sunni majority countries want to wipe out Israel.

I'm not saying Shias are perfect but in Iran they have one of the largest Jewish communities in the world and there aren't many Shia terrorist groups except Hezbollah. Bahrain and Lebanon are ok and they're Shia countries.

Shia Islam also makes more sense

Are you Shia?

sooda

Veteran Member
This dates back to a rigid form of Islam Wahhabism - Wikipedia which tried enforce outdated practices rigidly. Saudi money helped spread this rigid ideology. They were given a boost by the USA which sought to use the Taliban to oppose the USSR in Afghanistan.

So the summary answer is political.

The Taliban are not Wahhabi.

sooda

Veteran Member
It wasn't that long ago that many terrorists were Catholic and Protestant Christians in Ireland. There have been Buddhist terrorists.

Currently, Sunni Islam feels tat it is at war with the rest of the world. And, yes, the majority of Muslims are Sunni.

"Currently, Sunni Islam feels tat it is at war with the rest of the world. "

That's not true at all. The Arab spring in Syria came after 5 years of drought, the collapse of the oil sector and agriculture, sectarian strife and idiotic leadership.

OBL was a student of Sayeed Qubt and Al Banna.. Taliban is Deobandi.

sooda

Veteran Member
Why are there different labels attached to Sunni extremism i.e. Qutb, Salafi, Deobandi,etc.? These are all Sunni groups and the majority of Sunnis are anti Semitic and 9/11 conspiracists.

Where did you come up with that notion?