• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are most terrorists Sunni Muslims?

Notanumber

A Free Man
You're the one making the claim, the onus is on you to support it. Pretty sure we've been over this before.

It is only a Google away. Do you think they looked at what I provided last time or even bother to watch the videos?

While they continue to wear the blinkers, they will never see the big picture.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
It is only a Google away. Do you think they looked at what I provided last time or even bother to watch the videos?

While they continue to wear the blinkers, they will never see the big picture.
Your highly cherry picked and out of context videos? Yeah, I seen 'em. We've been over this before, too. No one is saying ALL Muslims are nice. But your beloved little videos don't actually support any of your claims about numbers, rates, or prevalence. I can cherry pick videos of white people being violent. That doesn't prove ALL white people are violent. They don't say anything about anyone not actually in the video.

If logic worked your way, well, I'm a white Christian, and I've killed Muslims (plural), so what does that prove?

Sakeenah

British police have to ask Islamic leaders for permission to enter the Islamic communities.

This is incorrect, I lived in one of the biggest and most conservative Muslim communities in Britain. Police doesn't have to ask any permission, they actually have a police station in the area.

Sakeenah

No problem! Muslim are not the only ones who can be violent. The Scandinavians have Viking blood in them and some don't mind using knives to do their killing once you get their blood boiling. The Norwegians should not be underestimated, nor the Swedes.

The problem is how to avoid violence. If this is not recognized a lot of innocent people are going to get hurt.

Violence works, even on Muslims. Most of us would prefer a life in harmony. If this is not possible, a bloodbath is perhaps needed.

So you want to achieve peace and harmony through genocide..makes sense.

Sakeenah

Let slip the mere hint that Pakistani Muslims are more likely than indigenous Englishmen to commit sexual crimes and you will be branded as a racist and an Islamophobe, to be ostracised in the workplace and put henceforth under observation.

Actually according to a 2011 report from the Child Exploitation and Online Protection unit found people convicted of grooming offences were 38% white, 26% Asian and 32% ethnicity unknown.

So..that means that the majority that commit sexual crimes are white not Pakistiani(Asians).

Grandliseur

So you want to achieve peace and harmony through genocide..makes sense.
No. I don't. But, the evil ones must be rooted out. In Biblical times, there was an incident when the tribe of Benjamin protected evil ones. God nearly wiped out that tribe. Similarly, if the Muslim community protects evil ones, they have to carry the cost as a community that proves itself evil.

So, either turn over the ones that do evil, or punish them according to what they deserve, or pay the communal price of being labeled wicked as a group. Let these truly wicked ones die. If that is not done, don't be surprised if God makes this happen some other way and that the price then is paid by all who cover over these evil ones.

If you think I am some kind of soft little - oh don't hurt them, just put them in prison person, you should realize I am all for the wicked to be slain, if not by police then otherwise. Those who want to protect the wicked get the penalty for that. If Muslims are incapable of cleaning up their own, let others do it for them. But, don't protect evil ones. God will not stand for it. Punishment from above shall happen without fails at some time.

Kangaroo Feathers

Actually according to a 2011 report from the Child Exploitation and Online Protection unit found people convicted of grooming offences were 38% white, 26% Asian and 32% ethnicity unknown.

So..that means that the majority that commit sexual crimes are white not Pakistiani(Asians).

This is incorrect, I lived in one of the biggest and most conservative Muslim communities in Britain. Police doesn't have to ask any permission, they actually have a police station in the area.
Why do you insist on rudely putting facts in the story?

Kangaroo Feathers

No. I don't. But, the evil ones must be rooted out. In Biblical times, there was an incident when the tribe of Benjamin protected evil ones. God nearly wiped out that tribe. Similarly, if the Muslim community protects evil ones, they have to carry the cost as a community that proves itself evil.

So, either turn over the ones that do evil, or punish them according to what they deserve, or pay the communal price of being labeled wicked as a group. Let these truly wicked ones die. If that is not done, don't be surprised if God makes this happen some other way and that the price then is paid by all who cover over these evil ones.

If you think I am some kind of soft little - oh don't hurt them, just put them in prison person, you should realize I am all for the wicked to be slain, if not by police then otherwise. Those who want to protect the wicked get the penalty for that. If Muslims are incapable of cleaning up their own, let others do it for them. But, don't protect evil ones. God will not stand for it. Punishment from above shall happen without fails at some time.
You are aware, of course, that Muslim communities across the world regularly report persons of concern to law enforcement and intelligence services, right? And that there are plenty of non-Muslims who protect "evil ones" of various stripes?

Kangaroo Feathers

Rather than an acknowledgment of the error, I predict either a semantic argument about the definition of "majority", or that your excellent post will just be ignored.

Let's watch!

Last edited:

Sakeenah

Osama bin Laden
Ayman Al Zawahiri
Mullah Omar
Abu Bakr al Baghdadi
Sayyid Qutb
Yassin (debatable as he could be argued to be a freedom fighter but I'd give that label to Arafat)

In Sunni majority countries there is no freedom of religion and the apostasy from Islam is death. Most Sunni majority countries want to wipe out Israel.

I'm not saying Shias are perfect but in Iran they have one of the largest Jewish communities in the world and there aren't many Shia terrorist groups except Hezbollah. Bahrain and Lebanon are ok and they're Shia countries.

Shia Islam also makes more sense

The title should be corrected, the majority of terrorists aren't Muslim.
The number of acts of terrorism committed by extremist Muslims is only a tiny fraction of the violence committed in the world.That is why Islamophobia, the fear of Islam and Muslims, is irrational.It is not based on reality.

According to official data from Europol, the European Union’s law enforcement agency, in the 4 years between 2011 and 2014 there were 746 terrorist attacks in Europe. Of these, only eight were religiously-inspired, which is 1% of the total. But even the perpetrators of these acts were not all Muslim.

EU Terrorism Situation & Trend Report (Te-Sat)

The study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism documented 2,400 terrorist attacks in the United States from 1970 to 2012. Of these about 60 were carried out by Muslims. In other words, about 2.5% of all terrorist attacks on US soil between 1970 and 2012 were carried out by Muslims. This is a tiny proportion of all attacks.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-mu...0-of-all-terrorist-attacks-in-america/5333619

There are around 1.5 billion Muslims around the world and less than 150,000 belong to organizations such as ISIS, (al-Qaeda, al-Shahbab and Boko Haram) terrorists represent less than 0.001 percent of all Muslims.So this means that you are more likely to be struck by lightning in your lifetime than a Muslim is likely to commit a terrorist attack during that same timespan...
So I think people have to chill, try to look at reality and put things in perspective.

ajay0

Wise sayings of the Hadith like 'The ink of a scholar is holier than the blood of a martyr ' and 'The greatest Jihad is the Jihad against one's own self ', are popular and accepted amongst Shias but not amongst Sunnis.

Sakeenah

Wise sayings of the Hadith like 'The ink of a scholar is holier than the blood of a martyr ' and 'The greatest Jihad is the Jihad against one's own self ', are popular and accepted amongst Shias but not amongst Sunnis.

Jihadu nafs( jihad against one's self) is well known and accepted by us Sunni Muslims. We believe that this jihad means to purify the soul it involves struggling against greed for worldly pleasures, hypocrisy,insincerity, hatred, envy, arrogance, pride and vanity.
The early Sunni scholars considered the jihad against the soul to be the greatest, and most important jihad(struggle) One early Scholar was asked which jihad is best and he said..your jihad against your desires.
(Source: Rawdat Al-Muhibeen 1/478)

ajay0

Jihadu nafs( jihad against one's self) is well known and accepted by us Sunni Muslims. We believe that this jihad means to purify the soul it involves struggling against greed for worldly pleasures, hypocrisy,insincerity, hatred, envy, arrogance, pride and vanity.
The early Sunni scholars considered the jihad against the soul to be the greatest, and most important jihad(struggle) One early Scholar was asked which jihad is best and he said..your jihad against your desires.
(Source: Rawdat Al-Muhibeen 1/478)

When I put this in a discussion thread here, a sunni muslim pointed out in this post that it was not accepted by sunnis and is more shia.

If you accept it, good for you, sis. :)

ronki23

The title should be corrected, the majority of terrorists aren't Muslim.
The number of acts of terrorism committed by extremist Muslims is only a tiny fraction of the violence committed in the world.That is why Islamophobia, the fear of Islam and Muslims, is irrational.It is not based on reality.

According to official data from Europol, the European Union’s law enforcement agency, in the 4 years between 2011 and 2014 there were 746 terrorist attacks in Europe. Of these, only eight were religiously-inspired, which is 1% of the total. But even the perpetrators of these acts were not all Muslim.

EU Terrorism Situation & Trend Report (Te-Sat)

The study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism documented 2,400 terrorist attacks in the United States from 1970 to 2012. Of these about 60 were carried out by Muslims. In other words, about 2.5% of all terrorist attacks on US soil between 1970 and 2012 were carried out by Muslims. This is a tiny proportion of all attacks.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-mu...0-of-all-terrorist-attacks-in-america/5333619

There are around 1.5 billion Muslims around the world and less than 150,000 belong to organizations such as ISIS, (al-Qaeda, al-Shahbab and Boko Haram) terrorists represent less than 0.001 percent of all Muslims.So this means that you are more likely to be struck by lightning in your lifetime than a Muslim is likely to commit a terrorist attack during that same timespan...
So I think people have to chill, try to look at reality and put things in perspective.

Don't you mean I'm more likely to be a victim of a lightning strike than Islamic terrorism happening to me? Because I'm 27 and off the top of my head there's been:

93 WTC bombing
98 attack on embassies in Africa
9/11
7/7 London
Charlie Hebdo massacre
Lee Rigby beheading
Paris attack
Belgium attack
Frankfurt attack
At least 2 vans running over people in London
Manchester bombing

Also I agree the majority of Muslims are not bad people BUT they are anti-semitic. The vast majority are against Israel.

Also a sizeable population of Muslims are against USA and think 9/11 was an inside job

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Counter that with 10 years of Allied bombing of Iraq and Afghanistan, Libya, now Syria and Somalia over 1 million killed, yeah right, they the bad guys!!!

Notanumber

A Free Man

What does that have to do with what I linked to?

I provided that link to demonstrate how afraid of Islam the British authorities have been and still are for that matter.

Parents' fury as Three Girls paedophiles back in Rochdale | Daily Mail Online

ronki23

Counter that with 10 years of Allied bombing of Iraq and Afghanistan, Libya, now Syria and Somalia over 1 million killed, yeah right, they the bad guys!!!

Saddam DID have WMDs. Look up the Al Anfal campaign and Halabja massacre

bin Laden was hiding in Tora Bora

Libya was a UN approved intervention

Assad is a dictator

Somalia is a failed state run by Al Shabab

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
And America is the largest holder of WMD in the world.