• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are Messiah claimants usually male?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
No insult intended.

That's an important point, in my view. Often we don't intend to insult, yet just who gets to decide that? If someone says they are insulted, even though you didn't intend it, is it still an insult?

In my view, if a person says they're insulted, then they are. Simple as that.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
That's an important point, in my view. Often we don't intend to insult, yet just who gets to decide that? If someone says they are insulted, even though you didn't intend it, is it still an insult?

That’s a good question. Each person has their own sensitivities so often it takes getting to know what that is to try and avoid giving offense. But also on a debating forum the clash of differing opinions is common so it’s just a matter of finding the right balance.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member

Another thing is that I come here expecting nothing short of being ridiculed and criticised so in that respect I welcome what people say from their heart and rarely take it personally because this is a testing ground for new beliefs and ideas and so people are fully entitled to scrutinise and pull them apart.

I don’t feel hurt because I believe not until matters are fully discussed can the truth be revealed. So I encourage you to ‘insult’ me because I see it as investigation of truth not an insult on a debating forum and not a personal argument so go for it where I’m concerned.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
That’s a good question. Each person has their own sensitivities so often it takes getting to know what that is to try and avoid giving offense. But also on a debating forum the clash of differing opinions is common so it’s just a matter of finding the right balance.

True ... it's harder if it's part of your faith to say things about other faiths that may be seen as insulting. I'm not personally particularly insulted, but when another faith adherent tells someone else that their religion got it all wrong, well ... pretty easy to see how that could be taken as insulting.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Another thing is that I come here expecting nothing short of being ridiculed and criticised so in that respect I welcome what people say from their heart and rarely take it personally because this is a testing ground for new beliefs and ideas and so people are fully entitled to scrutinise and pull them apart.

I don’t feel hurt because I believe not until matters are fully discussed can the truth be revealed. So I encourage you to ‘insult’ me because I see it as investigation of truth not an insult on a debating forum and not a personal argument so go for it where I’m concerned.

Indeed, I appreciate that about most Baha'i folk. If you put up a thread in the debate forums, you'd better expect some debate. I have been called out as a person with an anti-Baha'i agenda though. So that's an individual thing as well.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
True ... it's harder if it's part of your faith to say things about other faiths that may be seen as insulting. I'm not personally particularly insulted, but when another faith adherent tells someone else that their religion got it all wrong, well ... pretty easy to see how that could be taken as insulting.

I believe other Faiths are beautiful. To me they all teach truth and goodness. I don’t see anything wrong with any religion at all.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Indeed, I appreciate that about most Baha'i folk. If you put up a thread in the debate forums, you'd better expect some debate. I have been called out as a person with an anti-Baha'i agenda though. So that's an individual thing as well.

I don’t believe you are anti Baha’i you just love truth and stand up for it and sometimes that involves asking very hard questions so I accept that you have to assess us independently and look at what our critics say and not just believe everything we tell you.

You have to dig deep and leave no stone unturned as our claims are great so it’s only fair that our beliefs must be tested and put under a microscope. That is only fair and by you doing that I have had the privilege of learning a lot from you about my own shortcomings which I am personally grateful to you for. I see you as a good Hindu and hopefully a Hindu friend.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I believe other Faiths are beautiful. To me they all teach truth and goodness. I don’t see anything wrong with any religion at all.
So you're withdrawing your previous statement? (All religions foretell a Promised Redeemer to appear at the end of the age as well as world peace.)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I don’t believe you are anti Baha’i you just love truth and stand up for it and sometimes that involves asking very hard questions so I accept that you have to assess us independently and look at what our critics say and not just believe everything we tell you.

You have to dig deep and leave no stone unturned as our claims are great so it’s only fair that our beliefs must be tested and put under a microscope. That is only fair and by you doing that I have had the privilege of learning a lot from you about my own shortcomings which I am personally grateful to you for. I see you as a good Hindu and hopefully a Hindu friend.

Apparently we use different microscopes. But yes there is no need to be enemies. I consider all people as my friends, unless they attack me, or family, or my religion with a great deal of animosity.