• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are Messiah claimants usually male?

ecco

Veteran Member
Oh man, he was something else. It is a perfect study of what religious brain washing is all about. A modern day example of mind control leading to destruction. BUT I wouldn't recommend his death before he died. The blame in a great part belongs to the followers for being so stupid to believe what he was selling without question. The only way a leader gets power like that is from people giving him that power and not paying attention to reality.

When religious brainwashing begins within the first year of a child's life, it is easy to understand why people would follow the likes of Koresh.

Have you seen "The Handmaid's Tale"? Some of the posts I read on here about supposedly giving all for "God" remind me of that series. Some scary $#!+ that is. People just willingly giving up their freedom, peace and life for some sociopath's power trip and phony beliefs in a fantasy world is actually real thing! It happens as witnessed on this forum.

Many people throughout the ages have made successful pleas to sheeples to serve in the name of God.

ecco

Veteran Member
It’s only my thoughts. God may have many other reasons why but it would not be because women are inferior. God chose women to bear children not men. Who knows why but that’s the way He designed nature. As to Prophets it’s His way and it could change but the future is not written yet. Who knows the next line of Prophets could well be women?
Your thoughts did not address my comments. Why reply if you are not going to address the questions?

Audie

Veteran Member
It’s not God Who enslaved women but us men and we have free will so we could have chosen to treat women better but didn’t so that’s a bad reflection on us men that we should own up to and not put the blame on God as He taught through Jesus, love one another.

As usual all God can do without breaching our freedom of choice is to send a Teacher offering a better way but it’s up to humanity to choose. History shows man made bad choices.

The way that men treat women is so similar through
time and across the globe, it is more than a little
obvious that it is innate. If "god" made them, he
made them to be how they are.

Putting all the responsibility onto people for their
innate properties is not realistic

AND then, you have it that god sends a "teacher"
to show a better way, as if that ever worked or is
ever going to.

Then too, what is worse really, is that you give
people no credit for anything.

Things actually change, many ways for the better.
For one example, the status of women in my country
has changed, tremendous change.

Those changes were brought about by people. Not
"god". Why do you feel people have to get all the
blame for everything, and never any credit?

People are bad enough, dont be stingy when things
occasionally go the right way!

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Your thoughts did not address my comments. Why reply if you are not going to address the questions?

Equality does not mean identity of function. I.e men can’t have babies so do we say men are being discriminated against?. Moot point. Difference of function does not mean discrimination.

From the fact that there is no equality of functions between the sexes one should not, however, infer that either sex is inherently superior or inferior to the other, or that they are unequal in their rights.(Shoghi Effendi)

The different functions of each sex should not be confused with equal rights. It is not the right of man to have a baby because it is not his function. Nothing whatsoever to do with discrimination.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Apparently you haven't read some of your scriptures, or you cherry pick them.

Just because men and women have different functions does not mean either one is inherently inferior or superior to the other.

Their functions and roles are different but they compliment one another. The female must nurse the child. The man cannot do it so he finds the income and supports financially. Later the woman may choose to work but initially its the mother that has responsibility of the child as decreed by nature. Different roles doesn’t mean discrimination.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member

All I can say is the best way to go is to follow your own heart. Nothing I say will change a mind that’s made up.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
The way that men treat women is so similar through
time and across the globe, it is more than a little
obvious that it is innate. If "god" made them, he
made them to be how they are.

Putting all the responsibility onto people for their
innate properties is not realistic

AND then, you have it that god sends a "teacher"
to show a better way, as if that ever worked or is
ever going to.

Then too, what is worse really, is that you give
people no credit for anything.

Things actually change, many ways for the better.
For one example, the status of women in my country
has changed, tremendous change.

Those changes were brought about by people. Not
"god". Why do you feel people have to get all the
blame for everything, and never any credit?

People are bad enough, dont be stingy when things
occasionally go the right way!

I believe in the goodness and purity of humanity to the point that I am partaking in a global enterprise to help in the creation of a world civilisation. Ask most and what one gets is ‘it’s impossible’ because humans by nature are warring and will never change.

So undeterred I still spend my time and resources building a new world because I believe in the goodness of people.

You really believe in the goodness of people then help out because there are so, so many that talk the talk and criticise but when it comes to walking the walk never back up their words with deeds.

Audie

Veteran Member
All I can say is the best way to go is to follow your own heart. Nothing I say will change a mind that’s made up.

So, your idea of how to have a conversation is to
ramble something irrelevant when asked a legitimate
question, and then insult the person who asked.

We can all look forward to a better world when
others walk your walk.

Audie

Veteran Member
I believe in the goodness and purity of humanity to the point that I am partaking in a global enterprise to help in the creation of a world civilisation. Ask most and what one gets is ‘it’s impossible’ because humans by nature are warring and will never change.

So undeterred I still spend my time and resources building a new world because I believe in the goodness of people.

You really believe in the goodness of people then help out because there are so, so many that talk the talk and criticise but when it comes to walking the walk never back up their words with deeds.

The predictable non response.
And another predictable backhanded insult.

Walk walking wise, you aint the best
example to emulate.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Just because men and women have different functions does not mean either one is inherently inferior or superior to the other.

Their functions and roles are different but they compliment one another. The female must nurse the child. The man cannot do it so he finds the income and supports financially. Later the woman may choose to work but initially its the mother that has responsibility of the child as decreed by nature. Different roles doesn’t mean discrimination.
You changed the topic at hand.

ecco

Veteran Member
ecco previously:

Equality does not mean identity of function. I.e men can’t have babies so do we say men are being discriminated against?. Moot point. Difference of function does not mean discrimination.

From the fact that there is no equality of functions between the sexes one should not, however, infer that either sex is inherently superior or inferior to the other, or that they are unequal in their rights.(Shoghi Effendi)

The different functions of each sex should not be confused with equal rights. It is not the right of man to have a baby because it is not his function. Nothing whatsoever to do with discrimination.

So that's why women cannot serve on the inner council, because they can make babies. OK.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
So, your idea of how to have a conversation is to
ramble something irrelevant when asked a legitimate
question, and then insult the person who asked.

We can all look forward to a better world when
others walk your walk.

No insult intended. Just respecting your right to differ that’s all.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
The predictable non response.
And another predictable backhanded insult.

Walk walking wise, you aint the best
example to emulate.

The answer I gave was just attempting to address your claim that no credit is given people.

Why would Baha’is try to build a new world civilisation if they didn’t have Supreme confidence in the goodness of people? The fact we Baha’is have so much confidence in humanity to believe it can establish peace now is giving people an amazing amount of credit.

I believe people are born good without sin, are born noble and with proper education can mature into virtuous and wonderful citizens of the world and people have done so many wonderful things already to improve the plight of women.