• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are Messiah claimants usually male?

ecco

Veteran Member
Now they appear to be circling their wagons and taking the conn.

They say Hell hath no fury...I wonder what will happen when all Women's scorn is joined together.

[h]
They'll bottle up and freeze a billion sperm. They'll kill all men. They will live in a world without religious and political rivalry.
[/h]

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Then why hasn't Divine Providence spared them the centuries of servitude, gender bias, humiliation, sublimation, etc. at the hands of the males? Some God you have there.

It may be that we have not seen the great bounty in servitude and humility and thus underestimated that bounty women have faced and partaken of.

That women have remained faithful to God in the time of great tests dished out by men who have not been faithful to God and the given law, is only a greater proof of their nobility above most men.

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It may be that we have not seen the great bounty in servitude and humility and thus underestimated that bounty women have faced and partaken of.

That women have remained faithful to God in the time of great tests dished out by men who have not been faithful to God and the given law, is only a greater proof of their nobility above most men.

We? This theme of 'perhaps we just haven't listened to Baha'ullah enough' is getting tiring. So is the use of 'we' when you mean 'I'.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We? This theme of 'perhaps we just haven't listened to Baha'ullah enough' is getting tiring. So is the use of 'we' when you mean 'I'.

I mean we, which is inclusive of I.

Of course, you are free not to see it that way or agree. I was showing there is other ways we can choose to look at it.

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I mean we, which is inclusive of I.

Of course, you are free not to see it that way or agree. I was showing there is other ways we can choose to look at it.

Regards Tony
But as I know, that's a one way street. For all but Baha'i (the fundamentalist variety, not the liberals like Jim) there is a choice to look at it a different way. But for the fundamentalist Baha'i, there is no other way. That's a double standard. Not one I personally could live with, but if it works for you, great.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But as I know, that's a one way street. For all but Baha'i (the fundamentalist variety, not the liberals like Jim) there is a choice to look at it a different way. But for the fundamentalist Baha'i, there is no other way. That's a double standard. Not one I personally could live with, but if it works for you, great.

Sure you are free to see it as you wish to.

A veiw is offered and if someone chooses to make further comment on that view, then it is quite likely one can expect another reply.

Is that not how this forum works, it is a discussion after all, in a place for putting forward questions and asking for answers?

Or was there an agenda I missed relating to the question?

Regards Tony

QuestioningMind

Looking through this list List of messiah claimants - Wikipedia one can't really help but notice it's predominantly male, if not all male.

Are males more susceptible to delusions of grandeur? If that's the reason, then how come? it seems to me that most psychiatric disorders would happen to both genders.

Is it perhaps that women are more predestined to sanity, or humility?

Conjectures, anyone?

My guess would be because all of those ancient writings were made up by men who saw women as inferior and thus unworthy of such an elevated status.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Sure you are free to see it as you wish to.

A veiw is offered and if someone chooses to make further comment on that view, then it is quite likely one can expect another reply.

Is that not how this forum works, it is a discussion after all, in a place for putting forward questions and asking for answers?

Or was there an agenda I missed relating to the question?

Regards Tony

OP had nothing to do with Baha'i. It had to do with 10 000 known people in history, and probably another 10 000 being treated for it today.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OP had nothing to do with Baha'i. It had to do with 10 000 known people in history, and probably another 10 000 being treated for it today.

It has a lot to do with Baha'u'llah and in the Kitab-i-iqan Baha'u'llah actually adressed your question and asked us to judge fairly.

Vinayaka, I will leave you with it, I hope you find the answer you were looking for.

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It has a lot to do with Baha'u'llah and in the Kitab-i-iqan Baha'u'llah actually adressed your question and asked us to judge fairly.

Vinayaka, I will leave you with it, I hope you find the answer you were looking for.

Regards Tony

So you are reading my mind now? Truthfully I wasn't thinking about Baha'i at all, but Messiah claimants in general. The Ammadiya guy, Meher Baba, and all the males currently who do it. But if you feel the need to turn everything people say to be about Baha'i, go ahead.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So you are reading my mind now? Truthfully I wasn't thinking about Baha'i at all, but Messiah claimants in general. The Ammadiya guy, Meher Baba, and all the males currently who do it. But if you feel the need to turn everything people say to be about Baha'i, go ahead.

You said quite a lot in that reply.

Stay happy Vinayaka. Regards Tony

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
Or we would kill him - eg. David Koresh.
Oh man, he was something else. It is a perfect study of what religious brain washing is all about. A modern day example of mind control leading to destruction. BUT I wouldn't recommend his death before he died. The blame in a great part belongs to the followers for being so stupid to believe what he was selling without question. The only way a leader gets power like that is from people giving him that power and not paying attention to reality.
Have you seen "The Handmaid's Tale"? Some of the posts I read on here about supposedly giving all for "God" remind me of that series. Some scary $#!+ that is. People just willingly giving up their freedom, peace and life for some sociopath's power trip and phony beliefs in a fantasy world is actually real thing! It happens as witnessed on this forum. If people need god or a spokesman for god, to tell them how to behave in this only life we have, we are doomed for certain. Perhaps people should pull their heads out of their own egos and open their eyes to what is going on and get involved instead of sitting behind a computer screen pretending they are holier than thou and waiting for their vengeance through their chosen gods and prophets. It is a seriously sick person who would wish for God's vengeance instead of getting off their a$$ and trying to help out humanity in viable ways other than worshiping and preaching.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Then why hasn't Divine Providence spared them the centuries of servitude, gender bias, humiliation, sublimation, etc. at the hands of the males? Some God you have there.

It’s not God Who enslaved women but us men and we have free will so we could have chosen to treat women better but didn’t so that’s a bad reflection on us men that we should own up to and not put the blame on God as He taught through Jesus, love one another.

As usual all God can do without breaching our freedom of choice is to send a Teacher offering a better way but it’s up to humanity to choose. History shows man made bad choices.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

What do you feel needs correcting?

You obviously missed my comment to Tony Bristow-Stagg. I'll show it again...

It’s only my thoughts. God may have many other reasons why but it would not be because women are inferior. God chose women to bear children not men. Who knows why but that’s the way He designed nature. As to Prophets it’s His way and it could change but the future is not written yet. Who knows the next line of Prophets could well be women?

wellwisher

Looking through this list List of messiah claimants - Wikipedia one can't really help but notice it's predominantly male, if not all male.

Are males more susceptible to delusions of grandeur? If that's the reason, then how come? it seems to me that most psychiatric disorders would happen to both genders.

Is it perhaps that women are more predestined to sanity, or humility?

Conjectures, anyone?

Males are more visually orientated, while females are more verbally orientated. The male brain works more front to back and back to front, while the female brain works more side to side. Together they form a cross; from above.

The front to back use of the male brain means more use of the visual cortex and the frontal lobe; visionary. The male sees a vision in his frontal lobe and reports it through language. The female hears the words; left brain, and tones of his voice, and if she senses right brain conviction, she goes along; temporal lobes.

Girls tend to mature faster than boys in terms of conformity to instruction and culture. This is due to the side to side verbal brain connection. Males, on the other hand, hear the words, but will also have a frontal lobe reaction, where what they see in their mind's eye, may be different from what they hear. This dual action can cause delays in maturity, conformity and acceptance; rebel. The prophet is a rebel to the status quo. He hears the words but sees it differently.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It’s not God Who enslaved women but us men and we have free will so we could have chosen to treat women better but didn’t so that’s a bad reflection on us men that we should own up to and not put the blame on God as He taught through Jesus, love one another.

As usual all God can do without breaching our freedom of choice is to send a Teacher offering a better way but it’s up to humanity to choose. History shows man made bad choices.

Apparently you haven't read some of your scriptures, or you cherry pick them.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Males are more visually orientated, while females are more verbally orientated. The male brain works more front to back and back to front, while the female brain works more side to side. Together they form a cross; from above.

The front to back use of the male brain means more use of the visual cortex and the frontal lobe; visionary. The male sees a vision in his frontal lobe and reports it through language. The female hears the words; left brain, and tones of his voice, and if she senses right brain conviction, she goes along; temporal lobes.

Girls tend to mature faster than boys in terms of conformity to instruction and culture. This is due to the side to side verbal brain connection. Males, on the other hand, hear the words, but will also have a frontal lobe reaction, where what they see in their mind's eye, may be different from what they hear. This dual action can cause delays in maturity, conformity and acceptance; rebel. The prophet is a rebel to the status quo. He hears the words but sees it differently.

Finally, an answer that was more what I was looking for. Also might explain why more males are incarcerated, why young crazy drivers are more often male, etc.