• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are Christians in defence of them self’s and not Christ?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
If you look over the conversations I keep questioning, it isn’t Christ people keep defending, as I keep using his wording…..yet they keep defending them self’s against Christ…..
Do any of you find this strange and how do you plan to fix it?

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Interesting. Wiz, what do you mean by this? Those of us who are not Christians would be apt to cite Christians' behavior as evidence or, as seems to be more common, lack of evidence that Christianity is true.

Now of course this gets into the whole realm of close-minded vs. tolerant Christians, etc. But the OP simply refers to Christians in general.

Keep in mind by this that I am not claiming that Christians are any worse than the rest of us. But that is not the claim that needs to be defended here. If Christianity is true, then this will show up as a genuine reflection in its followers. From a statistical point-of-view, the burden lies with those who make the claim of differentiation, not those who question it on the grounds of reasonable doubt. In other words, Christians stand as just another group in the pack unless they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that their brand of morality supercedes all others'.

wizanda

Premium Member
As a friend you can not say it is good another friend should die, else you are no longer a friend…..

John, Paul and Simon all being Pharisees and the Bible prophesied about them doing so, Yeshua stated not to follow them, yet none are caring to even research it and then help others see……..

They are the main ones that need defending again and again globally for the sake of Yeshua and the true gospel….

wizanda

Premium Member
What does Christ need to be defended from??

Christ (Yeshua) is true....

Pharisees are quite clearly not and established Christianity, it can be shown quite clearly alone with a standard KJV 66 Bible……

Would you stand against church and colleagues in defence of Christ, if we can show you where?
Do you care as it isn’t appearing to me?….

In someways I hear love, that I know must have some heart string to reach you on…..

Just how is all I ask from you?…..

FatMan

Christ (Yeshua) is true....

Pharisees are quite clearly not and established Christianity, it can be shown quite clearly alone with a standard KJV 66 Bible……

Would you stand against church and colleagues in defence of Christ, if we can show you where?
Do you care as it isn’t appearing to me?….

In someways I hear love, that I know must have some heart string to reach you on…..

Just how is all I ask from you?…..

I really have a hard time comprehending you, but I'll try.

There is no need for me to stand against church and colleagues in defense of christ because I know of no threat against him that needs defense. Exactly how is Christ coming under attack, and why does it reflect either positively or negatively on me if I do not make a stand against this non-apparent attack?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I have not heard any attacks against Jesus(I am not saying there aren't any, just that I have not read them), only against those who worship Him.

lombas

Society of Brethren
I don't have to defend myself for being a Christian. But then again, I don't bother other people with my Christianity.

;)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I don't have to defend myself for being a Christian. But then again, I don't bother other people with my Christianity.

;)

That sounds really great and PC, but Christians are supposed to bother others with their faith. I don't mean push it on them after they say not to talk about it (no one has ever done that to me, but then I only talk a little about it). :D To be fair, I also listen about other's faith. ;)

wizanda

Premium Member
Balaam, Balaam, Balaam!

God will not stand for the murdering of his prophets, what is so hard to understand?

Love your children and family by going and murdering them also and say that is love and see what happens in the eyes of the law.......

FatMan

Balaam, Balaam, Balaam!

God will not stand for the murdering of his prophets, what is so hard to understand?

Love your children and family by going and murdering them also and say that is love and see what happens in the eyes of the law.......

I think I speak for many when I say....What?????

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
If you look over the conversations I keep questioning, it isn’t Christ people keep defending, as I keep using his wording…..yet they keep defending them self’s against Christ…..
Do any of you find this strange and how do you plan to fix it?
As others have noted, I find attacks on Christ wanting, the few times that such appear I do.

As a friend you can not say it is good another friend should die, else you are no longer a friend…..
I cherish Christ's love for me in taking an uneeded death upon His shoulders that I may live.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Balaam, Balaam, Balaam!

Echoing Fatman, what???

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I have to ask you a question, Wizanda. You are always throwing the murder of prophets around. I don't understand what you are trying to say. We Christians know that Isaiah, Jeremiah, John The Baptist and all the other prophets were killed. But how does that pertain to us now? I can not go back in time and stop these deaths. Maybe you can explain it to me so I can understand what you are trying to say.

lombas

Society of Brethren
That sounds really great and PC, but Christians are supposed to bother others with their faith. I don't mean push it on them after they say not to talk about it (no one has ever done that to me, but then I only talk a little about it). :D To be fair, I also listen about other's faith. ;)

I like to talk about my faith, but living in a country where half of the people don't believe in a God and less than 5% goes to church (I myself rarely go because the Quaker meeting is quite far; to compensate I attend a Catholic, Lutheran or Anglican service sometimes), my "speak-to" group is limited to my girlfriend and some close friends. I even barely speak my family about my faith because they are convinced atheists.

"Defending Christianity ( / Protestantism / Quakerism - I'm not that dogmatic about denominations)" isn't all that simple when you have to answer the question "Why do you believe" in the first place.

wizanda

Premium Member
As others have noted, I find attacks on Christ wanting, the few times that such appear I do.

I cherish Christ's love for me in taking an uneeded death upon His shoulders that I may live.
Luk 22:42
(42) Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Does it Sound like he gave him self?

Mat 12:14
(14) Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.
=
Pre-meditated murder

Joh 11:49-52
(49) And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all,
(50) Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.
(51) And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;
(52) And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.
=
Consorting to pre-meditated murder

This was OFFERED, God does not sacrifice, all is God!
Zec 11:13
(13) And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD.

So how can he not need defending, many are clear witness of being murders?