• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are atheists so passionate about pushing their point of view?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Well not all of us are ;)

Speaking for myself, I think that in order to survive we need people to be better critical thinkers than they are now. IMO, RF is mostly populated by folks with better than average educations, so we can't really take RF as being representative of the total population.

With all of that said, the general population is far too credulous to maintain a healthy society. Far too often religion fosters credulity. In this day and age of Oligarchs, big business, and shady politicians, we need to be skeptical, not credulous.

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, last I checked it was the theists (specifically Christian or other denomination) waking people on a Sunday morning or rudely interrupting pancake breakfasts with their door to door shenanigans to push their point of view onto people. The Atheists are the ones trying to sleep in or are otherwise minding their own business.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Like why does it matter so much to them

Psalm 125 - Believers are like mountains and God like mountains around that mountain.
Discussion guide week 5 - Psalm 125

Not all atheists are so passionate for their beliefs, as a matter of fact most atheists and strong agnostics are very shy. It is Christians that have the reputation of fire brand Evangelism as in:

"Onward Christian soldiers marching as to war . . ."
'

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Whether theists or atheists, it's the loud, obnoxious, and noisy ones that draw your attention in spite of the majority of both groups minding their own business and not being loud, obnoxious, and noisy.
Good thing I am so quiet and shy, isn't it.

I SAID, ISN'T IT?!
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Also, I think many people are simply unused to hear any significant expression of atheism.
Pretty much this.
In the real world, I mostly just smile and nod a lot. Because religious people can be incredibly mean sometimes, about the most insignificant things.
Tom

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
On the street corner, all of you are correct. But I've noticed a few here on RF and elsewhere who will take every opportunity to attack religion in general or some in specific typically finding the worse part of religion to use to attack religion in general. So you all are not quite on the "side of the angels", as it were.