• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why animals avoid humans...

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
yup...sure.....its that whole bipedal thing that make you look bigger

6c6b9cf5dfca96a348e566c552a67314--ur%C8%99i-grizzly-grizzly-bears.jpg

Audie

Veteran Member
fascinating article on why so few humans get attacked by large predators...so now we know why @Wu Wei doesn't maul us all...

Humans are practically defenseless. Why don't wild animals attack us more? | Live Science

Your thoughts?

Early hominids must have had
good group defense like baboons.

A hail of rocks and sticks at any
predator.

The early H sapient in the America's
must have had some time of it teaching
like cave bears that these new animals
are not for eating.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It's a secret society. They learned not to trust humans many centuries ago. But they communicate with each other, make deals, have wars, and are secretly plotting revenge on humans.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Abruzzo is the only region of Italy where few bears remain. My cousin spotted a beautiful specimen of Marsican bear. She really adores wild animals...but as soon as she was something like 20 meters away from the bear, he ran away at the speed of light. She really wanted to pet him.

So ...when I hear of tragic stories of bear attacks..I am really weirded out, knowing about my cousin's experience.
I have to conclude that if you upset or scare the bear on purpose... by screaming...he will attack you.

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I've always said that I don't fear bears, tigers or sharks. I'm not on their menu.
Mosquitoes, ticks and other parasites on the other hand ...

I fear bears, tigers, sharks, ticks, and mosquitoes. Parasites it depends but yes - tapeworms don't scare me as much as the stuff you can get from touching raccoon droppings.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Shark.jpg

Recent example of a man mauled by a shark in the news today (not the above which presumably is just a funny to warn others about turning one's back) where he apparently did just this - have a pee at night - and when sharks often feed. :oops:

The closest I have been to dangerous wildlife has been a sea snake, although I almost stepped on one of those fishes with spiny barbs that tend to lie on the sea bed.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I've always said that I don't fear bears, tigers or sharks. I'm not on their menu.
Mosquitoes, ticks and other parasites on the other hand ...

Bears are not dangerous, unless you are hostile to them.
If you are friendly and loving to them, they will love you.
In Abruzzo they are like big teddy bears... to the locals

Bears are not dangerous, unless you are hostile to them.
If you are friendly and loving to them, they will love you.
In Abruzzo they are like big teddy bears... to the locals

Excuse me, but... I don't see the camera man giving caresses to the bear and the bear licking the man's face with love...