• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why all the critique?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I have noticed a lot more critique toward a few groups of religious followers, and i was wondering why this happens?

Most of all the followers/believers that get trash/critique at them are Bahá’í. So i was wondering why this happend? Personally do not find any reason to make critique of them
I am a very strong critic of Baha'i, but only where it is my perception that Baha'i is selling itself with deceptive claims.
If you think that robust examination and criticism is trash then you can report a post to the staff.
:)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I have noticed a lot more critique toward a few groups of religious followers, and i was wondering why this happens?

Most of all the followers/believers that get trash/critique at them are Bahá’í. So i was wondering why this happend? Personally do not find any reason to make critique of them
Critique is a good thing in terms of critiquing the religion and not the person.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
The reason i open the thread was because there has been a lot of negative toward different groups in the forum, and i wanted to know why. If a person disagree with an other person yes we can argue toward each other, but when someone "hunt" a group like Muslims or Baha'i or Christians, or any other religous belief. Why is it so important to disprove or find faults with others belief? Why not be curious and ask nice?
Maybe I misunderstood. I thought you were looking for answers to your questions, but now it looks to me like you're just protesting against people maligning, scolding and hounding each other. Is that right? If that's what this is about, then I would love to have a discussion with you about what you and I might be able to do, to practice and promote better online behavior; and all of us learning from each other and encouraging and supporting each other in whatever good we're trying to do. I think that the more that happens across the widest ideological divides, the better.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Maybe I misunderstood. I thought you were looking for answers to your questions, but now it looks to me like you're just protesting against people maligning, scolding and hounding each other. Is that right? If that's what this is about, then I would love to have a discussion with you about what you and I might be able to do, to practice and promote better online behavior; and all of us learning from each other and encouraging and supporting each other in whatever good we're trying to do. I think that the more that happens across the widest ideological divides, the better.
This time you understood my intention fully :) All i want is that even people have different belief or no belief at all we should all be able to treat each other with respect.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
The reason i open the thread was because there has been a lot of negative toward different groups in the forum, and i wanted to know why. If a person disagree with an other person yes we can argue toward each other, but when someone "hunt" a group like Muslims or Baha'i or Christians, or any other religous belief. Why is it so important to disprove or find faults with others belief? Why not be curious and ask nice?
I see people maligning, scolding and hounding people of one religion or another, in forums all over the Internet, all the time. Some do it more than others, and some are targeted more than others. That happens in forums all over the Internet, and I think that there are things that anyone can do who wants to, to help change that. I see wonderful possibilities in Internet discussions for all of us to learn from each other, and to encourage and support each other in whatever good we're trying to do, online and offline. I think that might be possible even in the briefest conversations between people, and I've been trying to learn to do that. I think that the more it happens across the widest ideological divides, the better. I would love to discuss all that with you, and what you and I might be able to do about it.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
This time you understood my intention fully :) All i want is that even people have different belief or no belief at all we should all be able to treat each other with respect.
The biggest problem is that treating each other with respect is not a teaching of Abrahamic religion.

Some people do. But that's when they blow off scriptures and adopt modern secular values. The conservatives will say, flat out, "God says..." and then claim something stupid and primitive.
And when someone, like me, points out that God never said that( It was Moses or Paul or Muhammad or some modern person or whatever) they describe me as evil.
Tom

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The biggest problem is that treating each other with respect is not a teaching of Abrahamic religion.

Some people do. But that's when they blow off scriptures and adopt modern secular values. The conservatives will say, flat out, "God says..." and then claim something stupid and primitive.
And when someone, like me, points out that God never said that( It was Moses or Paul or Muhammad or some modern person or whatever) they describe me as evil.
Tom
It can have been God who did take contact with Moses or other people at that time. To dismiss it as impossible is maybe difficult too.Even As a follower of the buddha dhamma i can not say God does not exist

Jim

Nets of Wonder
@Amanaki There's a thread that I started about helping to improve online behavior, and another one that I'm hoping will help promote friendships across the widest divides. Now it's five hours past my bedtime, so those will have to wait, but I'm hoping now that you'll help me keep those going.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I see some things being said in this thread about Baha'is and the Baha'i Faith that look false and misleading to me. I don't want people to think that my silence about them means that I'm agreeing with them.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
As long the questions are not wicced, But yes asking one self about the religion we follow that is a good thing
I don't draw much quarter for sensitivity in debates and discussion. I prefer to tear the subject in question apart with extreme prejudice if I can and do my best to expose flaws, fabrication, and embellishment.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I changed the OP to different wording. so hope that make it more clear that i do not have anything against any religion or spiritual path

That is why I said it does have is a lot to do with internet discussion and clarity of a point, as I never saw anything wrong in your OP post.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And yet your faith denies gay people the right to observe their natural tendency. Bahai's on one hand are totally against monasticism, and yet wish to enforce celibacy on 5-10 % of the human population.

There is no compulsion in Faith and Faith asks us to do many, many things we may not have had to previously consider and to find a strength within, that is not of this world.

Faith always challenges popular opinion.

Regards Tony

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't draw much quarter for sensitivity in debates and discussion. I prefer to tear the subject in question apart with extreme prejudice if I can and do my best to expose flaws, fabrication, and embellishment.
Here's something recent for you....
Gay sex punishable by stoning to death under 'vicious' new Sharia laws brought in by Brunei | Daily Mail Online
Stoning gays? Amputating thieves? Brunei slammed for ‘vicious’ new laws
The Sultan, who has reigned since 1967, has previously said the Shariah Penal Code should be regarded as a form of "special guidance" from God and would be "part of the great history" of Brunei. Under secular laws, Brunei already prescribes caning as a penalty for crimes including immigration offenses, for which convicts can be flogged with a rattan cane.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
What have I said that you disagree with?
I don’t remember if you said anything that I disagree with. I tagged you for you to know that there are things being said that I disagree with, not to say that I was disagreeing with you in particular.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I see some things being said in this thread about Baha'is and the Baha'i Faith that look false and misleading to me. I don't want people to think that my silence about them means that I'm agreeing with them.

Yes this is common. One person's idea is another's misconception. Can you be more specific than that? I know, with regard to Hinduism. beliefs by non-Hindus about Hindus often are just massive generalisations learned from talking to someone Hindu, and it often doesn't apply to all Hindus, only some.

I've interacted with 10 different folks on here who consider themselves Baha'i, and have often gotten different answers, as people vary from liberal to conservative, for a lack of better words. Not everyone of any one faith will agree on all things.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You wrote
Most of all the followers/believers that get a lot of trash come from Bahá’í.
which says that the Bahais are doing the trashing.

I think you meant Most of all the followers/believers that get a lot of trash are Bahá’ís.

ETA I see you have already noticed

I automatically read it with a comer after Trash, thus I saw it how it was intended, not in a negative way.

Regards Tony