• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why ‘us vs them’?

Should we

• Follow blindly without question

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Allow our religious leaders to turn us against other religions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Allow political leaders to manipulate us to see other nations as enemies

• Allow media to control our beliefs

• Question everything

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Accept we are all human

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't know about that solution. Harm in realty begins with harm in thoughts.
Often times, no. Frequently violence is spontaneous and without thought. This is the person who waves a gun over a disagreement or argument. Negative emotions have overwhelmed an otherwise logical and rational mind.

Unfettered

A striving disciple of Jesus Christ
Often times, no. Frequently violence is spontaneous and without thought. This is the person who waves a gun over a disagreement or argument. Negative emotions have overwhelmed an otherwise logical and rational mind.
Perhaps in defense, yes. I admit, there can't be any absolutes here, but I'm guessing that a person who resorts to waving a gun over a disagreement or argument has given forethought to responding to confrontational situations with preemptive violence, or threats of violence, rather than responding with moderation and words.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Perhaps in defense, yes. I admit, there can't be any absolutes here, but I'm guessing that a person who resorts to waving a gun over a disagreement or argument has given forethought to responding to confrontational situations with preemptive violence, or threats of violence, rather than responding with moderation and words.
Not just defense. In anger especially to attack. This is what tends to drive the statistic of guns in the home being used to shoot someone who lives there. It's the result of offensive fighting words. Ever find a lover in bed with someone else? You probably won't be thinking much because it's a terribly emotional event.
We are human. That means we are emotional and prone to being overtaken, overwhelmed and overpowered by them.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
"The well-being of mankind, its peace and security, are unattainable unless and until its unity is firmly established. This unity can never be achieved so long as the counsels which the Pen of the Most High hath revealed are suffered to pass unheeded"

Source: Bahá'í Reference Library - Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, Pages 286-287
Why the Baha'is keep abandoning this thread, I don't know. In the U.S. this "us vs them" is getting worse. Protests about Gaza on college campuses. The on-going problem about pro-choice and pro-life. A Presidential election that could change the country and the world. The election of senators and congressmen is just as important. The Supreme Court is making decisions that are going to impact the country for decades. And we're the most stable democracy?

What is the Baha'i solution? What are these "counsels" that are being unheeded?

What do Baha'is suggest we do about Gaza and Ukraine? Pro-life vs. Pro-choice? The left or the right? Will Baha'is pick a side? Or stay neutral? Staying out of things is their usual stance. It's easy to say that "unity" is the answer. But how do they bring "unity" to people that are so far apart?

Do Baha'is really have a "fix"? Or do they want to stay out of it and wait until things to get worse and fall apart? And then come in to pick up the pieces and "establish" their world order?